NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TS' Trading Journal (Since 2014/9/8)

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tshunhu with 237 posts (138 thanks)
    2. looks_two tturner86 with 8 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 4 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 4 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one ratfink with 3.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tturner86 with 2.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tshunhu with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 34,016 views
    2. thumb_up 202 thanks given
    3. group 11 followers
    1. forum 274 posts
    2. attach_file 377 attachments

Search this Thread

TS' Trading Journal (Since 2014/9/8)

tshunhu 
Wuhan, Hubei, China

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Interactive Broker
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 306
Thanks Received: 165

Hello Everyone,

I would like to start this trading journal in order to improve my trading skills. At the same time I hope others could learn from my mistakes and good trades.

My setup:
  • Trading Security: stock (FB)
  • Time frame: 5 min bar
  • Indicators: EMA(20), CurrentDayOHL

Guide: Price Action Trading (Please search for Al Brooks)

Management:
  1. Size: 100 Shares of stocks between $50-$200, more than 100 shares for stocks <$50
  2. Stop Loss: Price Action Stop
  3. Max Daily Loss: $100
  4. OverTrading: 10 entries & exits per stock / day.

Objective:
Sept 2014 - Oct 2014: Trainning self-discipline (daily loss, max trading, patience)
Nov 2014 - Dec 2014: Daily profitable (Increase profit ticks)
Jan 2015 - Feb 2015: Daily profitable (Increase trading size)

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
18 thanks

tshunhu 
Wuhan, Hubei, China

1st trade: Get in too early. Should wait for the signal
2nd trade: Should scalpe in a trading range or trending trading range day
3rd trade: bold guess, emotional decision
4th trade: should scalpe, or at least exit at break even
5th trade: scalpe, should not enter even it has a positive result

I need to be patient, wait for the right signal to enter and make reasonable profit target.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

tshunhu 
Wuhan, Hubei, China

More Trades last day, more loss...Still too emotional and eager to trade

FB:

1st trade: short @77.82, target @77.60 (move down to touch open), stop @78.04, lost
After the moving up from last day final hour, I though the beginning moving up is the buy climax. Generally I was not wrong, but I was too reckless. The moving up from first half hour of this day is strong, according to Al Brooks, I should wait a second signal to enter, which should be around trade 2. So I got stoped out at the height of first moving up.

2nd trade: long @78.07, target @78.30 (measured move up from first 2 bar trading range), stop @77.95, lost
Since my idea about FB going down was right, I should have shortedI was convinced by my hope or imagination that the moving up bull is strong. I expected a measured move up based on the first 2 bear bar trading range. This is unlikely to achieve since the bear controls the first 2 bar of the day, and the entry bar was actually hit the hight of yesterday. So they formed a double top and led to a moving down.

3rd trade: long @77.99, target @78.30, stop @77.82, lost
still got traped in a bull imagination, totally unaware of double top pattern. Since the entry bar was changing from big bear bar to hammer shape, I expected a strong bull to reverse near the MA, so I put my stop there. Got a loss.

4th trade: short @77.71, target @77.40, stop @77.90, lost
As I remembered, I was really a bit mad after 3 consecutive loss. Since the entry bar broke down the MA, I shorted to chase the bear trend. But the next bar move up, I was really over reaced to move down my stop from 77.90 to exit asap with a lost, and actually I reversed to get into long side. I messed up and left FB with whatever the loss.

QQQ:

5th trade: [email protected], target @99.76, stop @99.95, win
this trade was taking place with the 4th FB trade. QQQ showed a clear shrinking wedge, the down side was relatively strong. I though it was not too late to profit from the pattern. I shorted at the MA and wanted to get out at the horizontal bottom, a little higher to be safer.

SPY:

6th trade: short @199.79, target @199.65, [email protected], lost
SPY was showing the same pattern as QQQ, but I got there too late, the downward wedge was at its ending part. After my entry, the price droped a bit but never triggered my target order. I get stoped out at the prior high.

7th trade: long @200.05, target 200.17, stop199.93, win
After breaking from the up side of the wedge, QQQ was also moving up, so this gave me confidence about the bull strength. I chased the SPY moving up, but I though the 200.20 is a round number, which would not be touched since bear strength was strong this day. So I got out with a smaller but safter profit.

AAPL:

8th trade: long @99.19, target @99.38, [email protected], even
I cannot remember why I rushed out before the 5min bar finished....Probably, I was somehow expecting a failed reversal.

9th trade: long @99.25, target @99.38, [email protected], lost
after the bar of 8th trade formed a bull bar, I entered again, but unfortunately too early. I put my stop 2 tickets below the entry bar low, and got kicked out of the moving up trend with a loss.

10th trade: long @99.27, target @99.38, [email protected], win
Not a good trader equation, but I was pretty sure about the moving up trend. Target was hit soon.

11th trade: Short @99.43, target @99.30, [email protected], even
I was expecting a drop to touch the MA, but once I saw the entry bar became a doji bar with bigger tails on the down side, I lost my confidence and get out at even.

Total P/L = -81, not in the mood, still cannot control my emotion

Thanked by:

tshunhu 
Wuhan, Hubei, China

FB:

1st trade: long @77.21, target @77.35, stop @77.06, win
There was bull stength shown at the open of this day, and the higher low at around the 2nd half hour of this day had not broken the bull trend line draw from yesterdays final half hour. I was confident that a long should be alright. I increased my trading size to 500, and put my stop at the low of entry bar. Profit got. [WIKIIMAGE

SPY:

1st trade: short @199.20, target @199.05, [email protected], win
with a sloping down MA, doji bar after big bull bar which formed a lower high touching the MA, it is a good signal of down side move. I entered at the low of doji signal bar, put my target at about the high of bear bar which was just 2nd before my doji signal bar. It was quite clear to me that a down side move should have touched the high of that bear bar to close the gap made by the big bull bar.

2nd trade: shorted @199.09, [email protected], stop @199.18, lost
I was trying to short again before the down side wedge finished, at least for a scalp. The price didn't reach my target 2 bars after my entry, the third bar did, but it stoped me out before going down. should have put my stop at 199.20.

3rd trade: shorted @198.87, add @199.08, target @198.70, [email protected], lost
Biggest lost, and should be avoid! first, I shorted on the down side of the moving down wedge, chasing the market down. It's dangerous, emotional. second I added where I should stoped.
Frankly it is not the first time I have done this kind of stupid thing...just feel can't help..sometime~ Still need to working on that! Anyone could share how to control this kind of impulsion?

4th trade: long @199.31, target @ 199.50, stop @199.20, lost
Buying at the top of the big bull bar is not a perfect change, should have waited a second chance. Should buy at the same price at the bar I got stoped out.

QQQ:

1st trade: short stp@99.27, target 99.13, stop @99.40, win
same as fist trade of SPY.

2nd trade: short @99.30, target @99.15, stop @99.47, lost
still believed in bear side, the 2 good look bear bar (entry bar and the one before it) was persuasive to me...Should waited at last to see if the price could stay below the MA or not, should have left at the top of the doji bar...

3rd trade: long @99.52, target @???, stop @99.45, lost
I was not quite sure how much the price will move up, but since the price was moving up above a up trending MA, I though that it would at least tested the open high, formed a higher high before turned down again. got stoped out in next 5min. Should not enter... or put stop at the bottom of the big bull bar just before my entry bar, and waiting for a bigger profit...anyway, enter at the big bull bar where it broke from the up side of the doji bar before it should be the perfect point! How I wish............Learned!

Total P/L = -15

Thanked by:

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

tshunhu View Post
Hello Everyone,

I would like to start this trading journal in order to improve my trading skills. At the same time I hope others could learn from my mistakes and good trades.

My setup:
  • Trading Security: stock (FB)
  • Time frame: 5 min bar
  • Indicators: EMA(20), CurrentDayOHL

Guide: Price Action Trading (Please search for Al Brooks)

Management:
  1. Size: 100 Shares of stocks between $50-$200, more than 100 shares for stocks <$50
  2. Stop Loss: Price Action Stop
  3. Max Daily Loss: $100
  4. OverTrading: 10 entries & exits per stock / day.

Objective:
Sept 2014 - Oct 2014: Trainning self-discipline (daily loss, max trading, patience)
Nov 2014 - Dec 2014: Daily profitable (Increase profit ticks)
Jan 2015 - Feb 2015: Daily profitable (Increase trading size)

Congrats on the journal!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

tshunhu View Post

Just notice your charts. Please include the price ladder on the right. Charts without price and time are hard to gauge what is really happening.

tshunhu 
Wuhan, Hubei, China

tturner86 View Post
Just notice your charts. Please include the price ladder on the right. Charts without price and time are hard to gauge what is really happening.

Ah! Thank you I have not noticed that~~~

---------------------------------------------------

Chart updated with time and price. But ninja trader gives the local time... I'll work on improving the chart in order to show everything simpler and clearer~ Good trade!

Thanked by:

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

tshunhu View Post
Ah! Thank you I have not noticed that~~~

---------------------------------------------------

Chart updated with time and price. But ninja trader gives the local time... I'll work on improving the chart in order to show everything simpler and clearer~ Good trade!

So 4 AM is the time of the open for you? Looks good, I have subscribed to your journal.

Thanked by:

tshunhu 
Wuhan, Hubei, China

tturner86 View Post
So 4 AM is the time of the open for you? Looks good, I have subscribed to your journal.

Here it begins at 21:30, ends 04:00, or one hour later in winter.

Since I have a full time job, I could only trade the first 2-4 hours. I'm going to my job and starting my own business, I'll be able to trade more hours~

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 14, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts