NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading Psychology and How The Mind Works (IV)

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one George with 22 posts (202 thanks)
    2. looks_two CrudeDude with 8 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 wh with 7 posts (11 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Guss with 7 posts (17 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one cory with 20 thanks per post
    2. looks_two George with 9.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 goldilocks with 4.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Guss with 2.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 55,588 views
    2. thumb_up 425 thanks given
    3. group 91 followers
    1. forum 133 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading Psychology and How The Mind Works (IV)

George 
Sweden

Experience: Master
Platform: TT, NT, MetaTrader
Broker: Velocity Futures, MB Trading
Trading: EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 1,005
Thanks Received: 1,326

wh View Post
George,

Years ago I attended a seminar. I learned a simple technique to know.

1. Reserve yourself a whole day. Only you, no kids, no wife, no pets, no drugs and so on.

2. Start with the exercise early in the morning.

3. Look in the mirror.

4. And say: I can do this. I am a Trader. I can earn 20 pips. I am good.

5. Be kind to your self .

6. Per session doing 10 to 20 repetitions.

7. Repeat it every hour throughout the day.

8. finish the day, if you believe it.

The secret lies so deep within us that we must struggle to find it.

My Problem on Monday i am a little bit choppy in my brain.

WH

WH,

If you really believe that you can stick to doing every one of these things, and if you really believe that you need them. Then do them every day for at least 21 days and you'll get yourself the benefits from them.

That's what it takes to adopt a new habit. "Repetition is the mother of all skills". If we constantly repeat a habit for about 21 days, then we get it in our subconscious mind and it's working for us automatically.
But remember this one thing, you have to be true to yourself. You have to like what you're forcing yourself to be doing, otherwise all you get is a living hell during 21 days, plus that you've got yourself an automatic conflict!

Good Luck if you decide to do it!
/George

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
12 thanks

George 
Sweden

Maletor View Post
How about Holosync?

Those meditation CDs are powerful and Bill Harris and The Sedona Method are good friends. They basically do the same thing, but the mediation CDs work only on the sub-conscience level.

They are very helpful, and very, very, very powerful.
The change it elicits is emotionally moving. Many problems we are not even consciously aware of are being dealt with and the content happiness that arises is unparalleled.

The only way to try to describe it, because you can't really do it with words, is that it makes change easy.

There is certainly a time commitment for it though, but it is worth every minute.

Maletor,

I've tried Holosync, but I didn't really got the desired results. Holosync is based on certain sound frequencies that your brain interprets on the subconscious level. It's a kind of subliminal frequency that will get you to change your subconscious program by listening to those sounds.

I believe that the power of intention and the power of the mind is big enough in order to make what you wish for, or what you don't wish for to work!

"Unfortunately there are no shortcuts till you get to the shortcuts".
/George

Thanked by:

wh 
Neubrandenburg, Germany

Experience: Advanced
Platform: R
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 298
Thanks Received: 512

George View Post
WH,

If you really believe that you can stick to doing every one of these things, and if you really believe that you need them. Then do them every day for at least 21 days and you'll get yourself the benefits from them.

That's what it takes to adopt a new habit. "Repetition is the mother of all skills". If we constantly repeat a habit for about 21 days, then we get it in our subconscious mind and it's working for us automatically.
But remember this one thing, you have to be true to yourself. You have to like what you're forcing yourself to be doing, otherwise all you get is a living hell during 21 days, plus that you've got yourself an automatic conflict!

Good Luck if you decide to do it!
/George

george thanx you for your reply. I'm a little confused at the moment. to much input for my brain and new land.

I think that I practice the Sedona Method. have the book and read it now. then i will lock.

why 21 days??

wh

George 
Sweden

wh View Post
george thanx you for your reply. I'm a little confused at the moment. to much input for my brain and new land.

I think that I practice the Sedona Method. have the book and read it now. then i will lock.

why 21 days??

wh

WH,

Good choice, Sedona is great!

Why 21 days?

They made an experiment back in the 60's. A group of people were asked to wear a couple of special made glasses that turned everything upside down when looking through them. They were asked to use them on a constant basis during four weeks.

After three weeks, the brain made the shift. Everything was turned upside down again. When they were asked to take of their glasses, everything -again- was turned upside down.

That's how they came to the conclusion that it takes about 21 days to adopt a new habit and have it implemented into your system.

/George

deltason 
Memphis, Tennessee

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 1,613
Thanks Received: 122

yiman View Post
Hi George I found your articles very informative and reading and this is something i have been thinking about for some time.

I believe we are being programmed all the time. for example are we watching programs on TV or are we being programmed by The TV. Take care all you TV lovers.

What about all those newspapers out there, All that negative stuff being published is doing nothing but programming us to become negative.

Apart from the 3 techniques you mention I have found meditation to be a very effective way of removing negative thoughts. before going to sleep i will meditate for about 15 -20 mins to clear the day and concentrate on something positive. That way i will not be thinking about all the issues I had during the day. I do the seme thing when I get up and before trading.

I just thought I would mention this as It helps me. For anyone interested in learning about meditation the following website is very good. I hope its ok to post it here .
Brahma Kumaris Official Website - Homepage

yiman, thanks for the reference. i've been looking into meditation and read The Relaxation Response not long ago and recommend it.

and thanks George. for a long time i thought that affirmations would work and they do work temporarily for me but then i end up not saying them consistenly and subsequently fall right back into my old patterns. my status as "Master Trader" falls into the affirmation category. anyway, it's great to know why certain things have happened. i have a copy of the Sedona Method and will keep you posted on my progress.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
StillGoods69

Thank you for the IV part series and sharing your journey, very informative information that can be used in all areas of life. I also believe a change in diet can also be helpful when one is trying to make changes to "de-program"
Thanks again.

George 
Sweden

deltason View Post
yiman, thanks for the reference. i've been looking into meditation and read The Relaxation Response not long ago and recommend it.

and thanks George. for a long time i thought that affirmations would work and they do work temporarily for me but then i end up not saying them consistenly and subsequently fall right back into my old patterns. my status as "Master Trader" falls into the affirmation category. anyway, it's great to know why certain things have happened. i have a copy of the Sedona Method and will keep you posted on my progress.

Deltason,

I'm glad I could throw a light on the subject for you! And sure, it would be great to hear about your progress. Keep me posted.

Be well

/George

Thanked by:

George 
Sweden

BidAskPimp View Post
Thank you for the IV part series and sharing your journey, very informative information that can be used in all areas of life. I also believe a change in diet can also be helpful when one is trying to make changes to "de-program"
Thanks again.

BAP,

You're most welcome. You're right about the body mind connection. A healthy body helps one to see things more clear. So taking care of ones vehicle is very important as well!

/George

Thanked by:

DiemTrader 
US

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Brokersrus
Trading: GBPJPY
Thanks Given: 49
Thanks Received: 18

George,

How is Sedona going? Coincidentally I started the book recently. It's pretty good but I think it's building up to taking the seminar or home study course. Are you doing the home study course?

Thanked by:

George 
Sweden

DiemTrader View Post
George,

How is Sedona going? Coincidentally I started the book recently. It's pretty good but I think it's building up to taking the seminar or home study course. Are you doing the home study course?

Diem,

Sedona is awesome. It's by far the best tool I've ever used that truly speaks to me.

Yes I'm using the home study course and I highly recommend it. Do yourself this favour and have this course. Get the home study course, the book is not enough.

Good Luck

/George

Thanked by:

Last Updated on September 20, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts