NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

My journal to trade by understanding market's processes and behaviors

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one erobertsonag with 92 posts (51 thanks)
    2. looks_two Malthus with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HumbleTrader with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Malthus with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 erobertsonag with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 15,568 views
    2. thumb_up 64 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 104 posts
    2. attach_file 75 attachments

Search this Thread

My journal to trade by understanding market's processes and behaviors

erobertsonag 
Gatineau Quebec Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 69
Thanks Received: 79

Hi all,

tonight I did reached an important milestone: I have completed my first iteration of my trading plan based on the Market Participants approach teached in Markets In Profiles. There is a little bit of my own believes (of course !) as for when to get in and out but important guidelines are based on what I did learn in the book. I know I did say that I would get into the Logical Trader and I was also supposed to integrate my velocity concepts in there but I do feel I might have enough with the new knowledge I am trying to digest and the content of the attached document.

I know it is a 29 pages document but if you skip the Study 1 section, it is not that big. All other sections are to the point and I believe helpful.

There will be a lot of things to add to it of course but I feel that I can say it is a complete document. I did add also a Checklist, it is also attached. No video yet but it is still in the back of my head ...

Good night all,

Attached Thumbnails
My journal to trade by understanding market's processes and behaviors-trading-plan-2014-10-29.pdf   My journal to trade by understanding market's processes and behaviors-checklist-2014-10-29.pdf  
Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
48 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
32 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks

erobertsonag 
Gatineau Quebec Canada

Hi all,

I did ended up not taking any trade on my first official replay practice. It was an inside day with value not overlapping at all which make me doubt of my initial call to be a rotational day. I will investigate more on the definition of a rotational day versus trend day, that is for sure. I did monitor with multiple screenshots and comments in my new Trading Journal document (XLS version XP/2003) all the changes that did occurs while I was following/watching INTC in replay mode at speed replay of 1x (real market speed, no FF).

That's about it for today for trading. I finally have all the material that I was missing to finalize the repair on my roof on my house ... Will post before and after picture !!

Good day all

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: Trading Journal 2014-11-01.xls

erobertsonag 
Gatineau Quebec Canada

Hi all,

I did add a Top Down approach to my prep. Tasks which does evaluate the daily and weekly trend vs bracket vs balance areas … It is Prep Task 0.5 in my trading plan. I did add a screenshot as well at the bottom of my trading journal for October 3rd replay that show the said Prep Task 0.5. In the future this will be the first top chart in the Journal. I also change the format of my Trading Journal file name for the date that charts were playing which is for this case ''Trading Journal 2014-10-03.xls''.

I did add also some information about rotational versus trend day in my ''Jim Dalton’s concepts – Markets in Profiles'' section of my trading plan. But after reviewing, it was clearly an inside day which was not elongated. It was a P shape day telling us the the short term traders (3 to 5 days) we covering their short positions (buying activities) from the last 2 down days. Nobody else were joining the buying action. And even worse, the longer TF players might have been selling into the short covering rally of the ST traders at an average good price which also cause a P formation …

Ok, here are the pictures of my house roof repair before and after the work !!

Also I did contribute 25$ to Habitat For Humanity as for our November Charity drive today.

Good Sunday afternoon all,

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	164294   Click image for larger version

Name:	After.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	164295   My journal to trade by understanding market's processes and behaviors-trading-plan-2014-11-02.pdf  
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: Trading Journal 2014-10-03.xls
Thanked by:

erobertsonag 
Gatineau Quebec Canada

Hi all,

Tomorrow I will replay October 6th in the PM and trade it on sim. I will follow INTC and JCP. I did prepare a Top Down Market Study document just to get some references on both side for the Daily and Weekly TF.

Attached Thumbnails
My journal to trade by understanding market's processes and behaviors-top-down-market-study-2014-10-06-prep.pdf  

erobertsonag 
Gatineau Quebec Canada

Hi all,

Even if I had a winner on Friday (and I knew in advanced the outcome !!!) the drop from 34.10 back to my entry (around 33.97) in 9 minutes (3 bars) kind a left a scars inside of me. I am trying to figure out why and maybe explaining the situation might help me.

First I did got long around 13:03 @ 33.97. Fabulous entry and trade location, INTC grinded up to 34.11 (right on POC) for about 50 minutes without any serious correction. This mean that I was a happy guy for 50 minutes in a row. Then and on low volume (which I know I have nothing to be scared of) I did lost everything within 9 minutes and I was back at entry price. You know now how I was feeling at that moment. But I monitor volume, not price according to my trading plan which I also did perfectly. And 27 minutes later I finally had my volume trigger at a 2 reference level and at 70% of VA and finally got out @34.19 for a +0.22 trade.

My issue is the next one: Even if I am a winner, the winning out come was not sufficient to erase completely the pain and the stress of the 9 minutes that INTC was removing to me. Today I am ok after reviewing the trade.

Also I know that when inventory is too long it has to rebalance in order to continue its way up ... I know it but maybe it is not internalized yet ... I think that if it would have been internalized the pullback should have brought happiness instead of pain since it is a required step to go higher ...

My question is simple: Am I made to get in and get out sooner (this would have been to get out at POC for example for a +0.13 which is not bad at all either) or should I suffer to get bigger trades ?

And between you and me, if I have difficulty with pullback on winning trades, how will it be on loosing trades ??

I might have to build stronger trading muscle !!

The chart is displayed on jpg below, it shows the entire day on the 3 minute chart with entry and exit at blue arrows. For the entire trade description with multiple screenshots, please refer to my trading Journal in XLS in the previous post.

Any comments are appreciated, many thanks all,

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-10-06 3 minutes.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	395.5 KB
ID:	165213  

erobertsonag 
Gatineau Quebec Canada

Hi all,

For an obscure reason, the post I made on Friday is not there at all ... So here it is ...

Today and for my replay of October 6th 2014, I decide to follow INTC and JCP since last trade session did not offer me any opportunity. You probably figure that already if you looked at my preparation post.

I ended up going long and after viewing the responsive volume and other criterias I noted that it was the same stock and the same day as my example in my trading plan ...

I took it anyways to familiaries myself with order entry on Sierra. I did struggle with my limit exit order but manage to figured out the issue anf get backed in.

So it was a trade that I knew the outcome since I had documented it about 2 weeks ago. But I managed to nailed it right on the spot (without opening my trading plan ...).

I feel some pain at the pull back, will have to work on that ...

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: Trading Journal 2014-10-06.xls

erobertsonag 
Gatineau Quebec Canada

Hi all,

Did made some adjustment in my share sizing, all in attached documents.

Good night,

Attached Thumbnails
My journal to trade by understanding market's processes and behaviors-trading-plan-2014-11-10.pdf   My journal to trade by understanding market's processes and behaviors-checklist-2014-11-10.pdf  

erobertsonag 
Gatineau Quebec Canada

Hi all,

Here is my daily and weekly reference levels as my top down approach for JCP and INTC. I am tired tonight, I had to work outside all week to replace a survey technician ... I am also working on getting my live account back with minimal fees ... Will keep you updated.

Good night,

Attached Thumbnails
My journal to trade by understanding market's processes and behaviors-top-down-market-study-2014-10-07-prep.pdf  

erobertsonag 
Gatineau Quebec Canada

Hi all,

This PM I did follow INTC and JCP for October 7th 2014 in replay mode on Sierra. Zero opportunity has come to me for both stocks ... :-( But I did listen to the Order Flow webinar from Peter Davies on futures.io (formerly BMT) at the same time as watching my stocks not going back to the VAH ... More details with multiple screen shots in the attached journal ...

Might have to add a 3rd of 4th stock to watch, I would like to get involved at least in one trade per trading session ... I am at my 3rd trading session and I had only one opportunities out of 3 trading session ... Will think about that ...

Good Friday night all,

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: Trading Journal 2014-10-07.xls

erobertsonag 
Gatineau Quebec Canada

Ok, I did not lost time on this one, did choose 2 other stocks that were different (sector wise) from INTC and JCP. I decided to look at JPM (banking) for October 7th 2014 and it would have gave me 1 opportunity. I also looked at POT (chemicals) and while not giving me a real opportunity I did find out that the action was quite different that INTC and JCP for that same October 7th 2014.

So here I am, I will add 2 stocks that are clearly behaving differently that INTC and JCP for a same day which should allow me more opportunities for my next trading session.

Good night all, again ...

Last Updated on June 17, 2015

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts