NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

One year later into my trading career...........seeking guidance and direction

Discussion in Emini and Emicro Index

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one budfox with 49 posts (14 thanks)
    2. looks_two tturner86 with 18 posts (64 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tigertrader with 10 posts (190 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 8 posts (42 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 19 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 7.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 5.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 3.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 39,132 views
    2. thumb_up 481 thanks given
    3. group 33 followers
    1. forum 148 posts
    2. attach_file 12 attachments

Search this Thread

One year later into my trading career...........seeking guidance and direction

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

Anna K View Post
I only assume that I'm not alone there and some other people may be not as bright as you are, otherwise everybody on this forum would be making a lot of money after reading and rereading your lenghy theoretical prose.

It's only slightly, partially about being "bright" -- it's more about being humble enough to take advice from others who are eminently more experienced than you are, particularly when you don't like the advice, diligent enough to self-study and research without expecting others to hand you answers, flexible and adaptable and willing to change to learn new things, creative enough to "be yourself" while still incorporating new ways of doing things, among many others, all of which Gary is. He has been trading for 40 years, and is probably the person on this forum most rooted in the practical, reality, the least theoretical, if you will. I'm not finger pointing at you or anyone by the way, just saying it.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Anna K 
LA, ca

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: Es
Thanks Given: 1,623
Thanks Received: 1,062

wldman View Post
it is Anna K that initiates by referring to other members posts as lengthy, ambiguous, and of little or no use in real life trading.

Oh my God the irony.

Start it, uninitiated, with another member (who happens to be exactly correct) and then report the post that responds with similar tone and language?

I'll share my two cents.

Folks, if you want the input of someone who's humility and lack of a publicist prevented him from being featured in the pop psychology trading books that so many love...if you want the input of someone that was prolific for decades among floor trading legends...if you value the insight of an extremely well versed professional trader that is connected to the absolute top players in the history of the most competitive trading environments the world has ever seen....consider approaching Mr. long winded ambiguous low value poster @tigertrader with an open mind and the due respect that he well deserves for sharing here for free insight and information that could be worth millions of dollars.

@Big Mike like I have said a hundred times, your venue, your rules. I applaud what you have created here Mike and the countless hours of work, much of it tedious and a pain in the buttocks. This is a remarkable venue, without question the best on the net. I am beyond grateful to be a member here. I understand your reaction to a post being referred to moderator. That said, please consider an equal request be made to the other party by name like was made of Gary. His lengthy and thoughtful response to a struggling trader is EXACTLY what we want here as members. Dozens of Gary's posts should be required reading of anyone that wants to enter the fray and this one (referred to as low value ambiguity) is no exception. I have skin thicker than a rhino and I have, in fact, seen it all so the post that was directed at my friend is greeted with the hilarity that it deserves..but equal folks would take equal offense, for sure. Past that Gary amended his post to modify the intent so that it could be understood by a wider audience.

So, where does a cowboy in the jungle go for a month to get away from it all anyway. Hoping that was vacation and well deserved leisure.

Dan

Just for the record, I'm not sure what you are implying, but I did NOT report Tiger's post. I'm sure @Big Mike can confirm that.

I appreciate you defending Tiger and glad that you find his advice valuable.

As I said before, there is lots of stuff that Tiger mentioned that makes sense to me and lots more that does not.

Surely there could be a variety of opinions expressed on this forum. We don't all have to agree all the time.

Best to you.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,046
Thanks Received: 9,491

Anna K View Post
Just for the record, I'm not sure what you are implying, but I did NOT report Tiger's post. I'm sure @Big Mike can confirm that.

As I said before, there is lots of stuff that Tiger mentioned that makes sense to me and lots more that does not.

Surely there could be a variety of opinions expressed on this forum. We don't all have to agree all the time.

Best to you.

I was not making an implication, I was being direct and saying that you did report the post. If you did not (and I really don't care) you are still the antagonist here, the first to criticize, and completely wrong. Any doubt about that is cleared up in the subsequent "apology" post.

Thanked by:
 Anna K 
LA, ca

josh View Post
It's only slightly, partially about being "bright" -- it's more about being humble enough to take advice from others who are eminently more experienced than you are, particularly when you don't like the advice, diligent enough to self-study and research without expecting others to hand you answers, flexible and adaptable and willing to change to learn new things, creative enough to "be yourself" while still incorporating new ways of doing things, among many others, all of which Gary is. He has been trading for 40 years, and is probably the person on this forum most rooted in the practical, reality, the least theoretical, if you will. I'm not finger pointing at you or anyone by the way, just saying it.

Josh, it's not that I don't like his advice, it's that I truly just don't understand most of it. I know for a fact that I'm not alone in that, so I want other people on futures.io (formerly BMT) to see that there could be another way to trade and learn. Or at least debate that, instead of having a policy of "my way or the highway".

Also, I'm not questioning TT's trading abilities, experience and expertise, so I'm not sure why everybody feels the need to defend them. I'm questioning just his teaching technique/style and more importantly, the monopoly* of it.

And I've learned long ago after opening my journal here that nobody is going to hand me the answers, I don't expect them to. I do plenty of my own reading, researching, practicing, failing, changing, failing again and hopefully learning. And I have a long way to go. And unlike Tiger, I don't claim my way to learn to be the only way. It's what works for me and I don't post advice in other people's journals much. This was my first time commenting in somebody's journal for a long time and last for sure. Tomorrow is time to focus on my own thing.

Thanks for your opinion and help.

*Monopoly - the exclusive possession or control of the supply or trade in a commodity or service.

Thanked by:
 Anna K 
LA, ca

wldman View Post
I was not making an implication, I was being direct and saying that you did report the post. If you did not (and I really don't care) you are still the antagonist here, the first to criticize, and completely wrong. Any doubt about that is cleared up in the subsequent "apology" post.

Well, I'm a big girl and I can take care of myself, I don't need and army of defenders to come to my rescue, I'm sure Tiger Trader doesn't either.

So, why don't you ask Big Mike and see if you were wrong in your assumptions about my reporting the post and then apologize for it if you are such a proponent of the truth.

One doesn't have to be right or wrong, life is not always back and white. We can have a diversity of opinions here. My opinion can not be wrong simply because it's an opinion not a fact. I am merely stating my opinion, which is true to me, but doesn't have to be true to you. That's what's called the difference of opinions.

Let's agree to disagree.

PS. I wasn't told before about the unspoken rule that nobody is allowed to criticize TT, only he is allowed to criticize everybody. Now I know. That was educational. Thank you.

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,046
Thanks Received: 9,491

moving on.

budfox 
Toronto

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra
Broker: MB
Trading: ES

Anna K View Post

Best to you.

Interesting. I of course never reported Gary's post, in fact I am very grateful for his insight, one of the few posts that was actually constructive.

I wonder who reported Gary (if anyone really did).

Oh and btw I don't appreciate all the non-related immature arguing on my thread.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Anna K View Post
And I've learned long ago after opening my journal here that nobody is going to hand me the answers, I don't expect them to. I do plenty of my own reading, researching, practicing, failing, changing, failing again and hopefully learning. And I have a long way to go.

As I said Anna, I wasn't pointing fingers at anybody and especially you.

Anna K View Post
PS. I wasn't told before about the unspoken rule that nobody is allowed to criticize TT, only he is allowed to criticize everybody. Now I know. That was educational. Thank you.

Anna, sounds a little passive-aggressive, c'mon, that's not how you are.

Thanked by:

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

budfox View Post
Oh the and btw I don't appreciate all the non-related immature arguing on my thread.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 27, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts