NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Grill the Perfect Burger

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tturner86 with 145 posts (357 thanks)
    2. looks_two Itchymoku with 111 posts (274 thanks)
    3. looks_3 JohnS with 45 posts (126 thanks)
    4. looks_4 emini2000 with 37 posts (67 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one JohnS with 2.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two tturner86 with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Itchymoku with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rory with 2.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 90,495 views
    2. thumb_up 1,182 thanks given
    3. group 41 followers
    1. forum 521 posts
    2. attach_file 274 attachments

View Poll Results: Do you like hamburgers?
I like hamburgers 145 85.29%
I like hamburgers
145 85.29%
I don't like hamburgers 4 2.35%
I don't like hamburgers
4 2.35%
I'm with Zondor - Hamburgers Kill! 21 12.35%
I'm with Zondor - Hamburgers Kill!
21 12.35%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Grill the Perfect Burger

Itchymoku 
Philadelphia

Experience: None
Platform: corded black telephone
Trading: ticker tape
Thanks Given: 1,683
Thanks Received: 3,681

Wow such a beautiful beast. So much more mystique than a cow. Native Americans knew what was good.

R.I.P. Joseph Bach (Itchymoku), 1987-2018.
Please visit this thread for more information.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Americanbison.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	512.5 KB
ID:	189033   Click image for larger version

Name:	bison_sergioboccardo_shutterstock3.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	189034  
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
 Itchymoku 
Philadelphia

I'm just sitting here dumbfounded eating my second bison burger. This is like one of those rare occurrences where I try something new and ask myself where has this been my whole life. I've had bison burgers before a couple of times and remember them being good, but this is extraordinary. It tastes better than any fine cut steak I've had or any food in general for that matter. This is the best food I've ever had point blank. I want to cook another hamburger just to experience this again, but I don't want to overeat. I ask myself how a burger can taste so good. How often can you say you just ate the best food you've ever had in your ENTIRE life? Alright, I don't want to keep ranting, but goddamn this was good. Ditch the ribs, it's full on bison baby!

JohnS 
Bamberg, Germany
Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: IB, SierraCharts data
Trading: MES, FDXM
Thanks Given: 15,200
Thanks Received: 2,609

Itchymoku View Post
I'm just sitting here dumbfounded eating my second bison burger. This is like one of those rare occurrences where I try something new and ask myself where has this been my whole life. I've had bison burgers before a couple of times and remember them being good, but this is extraordinary. It tastes better than any fine cut steak I've had or any food in general for that matter. This is the best food I've ever had point blank. I want to cook another hamburger just to experience this again, but I don't want to overeat. I ask myself how a burger can taste so good. How often can you say you just ate the best food you've ever had in your ENTIRE life? Alright, I don't want to keep ranting, but goddamn this was good. Ditch the ribs, it's full on bison baby!

sounds like a life changing experience BUT really ditch the ribs??? you can't go 100% bison...variety is the spice of life!

Itchymoku 
Philadelphia

JohnS View Post
sounds like a life changing experience BUT really ditch the ribs??? you can't go 100% bison...variety is the spice of life!

I was thinking maybe add some ground bacon into the bison meat since it's so lean, but the bison has a complete flavor profile all by itself. I didn't mind how lean it was at all. I'd be interested to try adding some bacon to the mix to bring it down from 90% to 80% lean to see if by some godly possibility it could taste even better.

Actually now that I remember correctly, I might have eaten an elk burger in Portland, not a bison. Anyways, I've come to the conclusion that these less domesticated animal taste better. So that leads me to my next question.

Has anyone had any wild boar ribs?

JohnS 
Bamberg, Germany
Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: IB, SierraCharts data
Trading: MES, FDXM
Thanks Given: 15,200
Thanks Received: 2,609

Itchymoku View Post
I was thinking maybe add some ground bacon into the bison meat since it's so lean, but the bison has a complete flavor profile all by itself. I didn't mind how lean it was at all. I'd be interested to try adding some bacon to the mix to bring it down from 90% to 80% lean to see if by some godly possibility it could taste even better. I'm not sure how rib meat would taste inside a burger, but I assume good.

Actually now that I remember correctly, I might have eaten an elk burger in Portland, not a bison. Anyhow, I've come to the conclusion that these less domesticated animal taste better. So that leads me to my next question.

Has anyone had any wild boar ribs?

when I'm state-side I'll give bison another try...I've haven't had it in many years but I remember it being not bad.

wild boar ribs? no ribs but I've had wild boar thigh meat (schweinhaxen) and roast...not too impressed with the strong game flavor and dryness..perhaps it was only the preparation but I steer clear of it and prefer the domesticated sort!

Thanked by:
 Itchymoku 
Philadelphia

JohnS View Post
when I'm state-side I'll give bison another try...I've haven't had it in many years but I remember it being not bad.

wild boar ribs? no ribs but I've had wild boar thigh meat (schweinhaxen) and roast...not too impressed with the strong game flavor and dryness..perhaps it was only the preparation but I steer clear of it and prefer the domesticated sort!

Yeah, now that I'm reading about it the feral hogs aren't that great primarily because of what they eat in the wild. It's a hit or miss.

How does wild boar taste? | Field & Stream

Maybe what I'm thinking about is free-range pig ribs. They got to taste better considering the pigs are less stressed and have a stable food supply.

Thanked by:

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

Itchymoku View Post
Yeah, now that I'm reading about it the feral hogs aren't that great primarily because of what they eat in the wild. It's a hit or miss.

How does wild boar taste? | Field & Stream

Maybe what I'm thinking about is free-range pig ribs. They got to taste better considering the pigs are less stressed and have a stable food supply.

Feral hogs are a big problem here in Texas so they are free game to hunt all year round. Got a few a couple of years ago and they were amazing. Ribs, bacon, etc just awesome flavor.

BTW I love bison burgers.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Itchymoku 
Philadelphia

I'm about to cook two more bison burgers today to celebrate my birthday. Well, I'd cook them anyway birthday or not, but I figure it's more the reason. Maybe I'll cook a bison burger everyday for the rest of my life and live to 110 like that woman who claims miller lite is the key to her longevity.

Lately I've been adopting a philosophy about truly listening to myself and doing what I want. Some may think this leads to indulgence, but I think if we listen hard enough the inner being inside ourselves it will tell us to put more vegetables on our hamburgers and make healthy choices. If you're thirsty drink, if you need to go to the bathroom go. Are you tired? sleep. For me this builds discipline for impulse control unlike previous attempts. If I feel I shouldn't take the trade, I listen and don't take the trade. I guess you could pose the argument it works both ways, but for me it's working the better of the two because I'm more in-tune with my gut feelings. It's better to flow with the grain than against it. Did I mention my gut loves me more too because bison is the best?

What's the result of harnessing mind over matter? - Running up mount Everest in just your shorts. ( he really did it )

he takes the SLLS break to the extreme!

Thanked by:
 Itchymoku 
Philadelphia

Thanked by:
emini2000
Atlanta GA USA

Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 271

Itchymoku View Post

Now that's a burger.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on October 14, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts