NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

COMMON SENSE

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mfbreakout with 980 posts (2,733 thanks)
    2. looks_two sandptrader with 64 posts (128 thanks)
    3. looks_3 alejo with 36 posts (38 thanks)
    4. looks_4 madLyfe with 24 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Surly with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mfbreakout with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 jthom with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sandptrader with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 160,268 views
    2. thumb_up 3,304 thanks given
    3. group 64 followers
    1. forum 1,262 posts
    2. attach_file 811 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

COMMON SENSE

alejo 
madrid spain

Experience: Beginner
Platform: nt
Trading: None.
Thanks Given: 16,557
Thanks Received: 646

today i was trying to applying the things i am learning from you, and i am very happy
internals, stockmap, trend D/ 60min, big stops,

shorting and add in pullbacks,

thanks T

La lucha es de igual a igual contra uno mismo
The fight is fair against oneself
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Any futures traders in Texas looking to give back to tho …
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
20 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
18 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
17 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks
Daytrading ES & NQ
9 thanks
mapq
Portugal

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 14

(The AMF, France’s financial markets regulator, has begun an online publicity campaign to increase public awareness of the risks of trading in the forex market, following the growing number of complaints from investors and many advertisements for investors to trade in the online foreign exchange (forex or FX) market. For the study, AMF questioned authorised participants making up a very significant of the CFD and forex market in France. It is the first reliable evaluation of the returns of individuals investing in forex and/or CFDs. Lessons drawn from the study confirm the danger of investing in this market for the public. In four years, the percent of clients losing money for all providers combined is nearly 89%, while the average loss per client was nearly €10,900 between 2009 and 2012. Over the four years, 13,224 clients together lost nearly €175 million, while the remaining 1,575 clients earned a total of €13.8 million. In addition to the great majority of losing clients and the losses suffered, the study shed light on a behavioural phenomenon: individual investors learn little over time. Indeed, it appears that the most active and regular investors see their losses mount over time. “Our study demonstrates that even with duly authorised intermediaries, the majority of individual investors lose money, sometimes more than their initial investment because of the financial instruments that are available,” explains Benoît de Juvigny, AMF Secretary General. While online trading in the foreign currency market with regulated operators leads to losses for the majority of clients, individual investors must also be wary of the efforts of fraudsters in the market. Numerous firms operate in France without the authorisations required to offer services to the public. The AMF receives many complaints from individual investors seduced by enticing promises in numerous Internet advertisements. The serious façades of some websites may actually be hiding frauds. Using impressive marketing, these firms steal the money of clients who find they have limited or no recourse due to the location of fraudsters, who are usually abroad. The AMF has taken legal action to block access for Internet users in France to certain sites offering services without proper authorisation. On 15 September 2014, the Court of First Instance of Paris agreed to this request for the first time. “We laud this decision, which constitutes a new measure initiated by AMF in our battle against this phenomenon. However, beyond this legal step, we are convinced that the best weapon remains prevention,” explains Natalie Lemaire of the AMF’s Retail Investor Relations Directorate. “Foreign exchange trading is a market that individual investors should avoid. This is our conviction and the purpose of our efforts today.”
- See more at: AMF warns of the dangers of forex market trading for individual investors.)
Remember ever, dont forget the good r:r.
Happy pips to all.

Thanked by:

alejo 
madrid spain

mfbreakout View Post
ES down 149 points over 17 trading days, nothing to worry about. I agree. But i do not like to pick bottoms.

what do you mean that is obvious?

i do not understand , if ths vix go high, index down, it look obvious that index down, more risk, then most people think mkt go down.
is if obvious thna the mkt go down, then the opportunity is long?

Thanked by:
 sandptrader 
Valdosta, GA. U.S.A

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra , TOS
Trading: 6E, ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 1,881
Thanks Received: 472

Get some of this NQ @ mfbreakout
CL had some Nice Set ups also.
If i could only hold on longer to the Trades
i know what you say about too tight of Stop Lose, as i am working on.

NQ is doing it's thing this morning

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NQ 12-14 (15 BetterRenko)  10_14_2014d.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	161504   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 11-14 (12 BetterRenko)  10_14_2014.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	161510   Click image for larger version

Name:	NQ 12-14 (15 BetterRenko)  10_14_2014E.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	161519   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 11-14 (12 BetterRenko)  10_14_2014B.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	161599  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Platform: Tradestation, TOS
Trading: ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 3,478
Thanks Received: 15,818

I will keep harping about using stop loss wide enough to give trade breathing room and allowing trader enough time to think while in the trade. Even i can not help myself from time to time using stop loss not based off market structure but based upon fear because i have too big of a position size.

Enclosed trade about my short in NG this morning is a good example. I am at a level where i know i am doing something wrong and thus can correct it quickly. It always happens. NG stopped me out and then reversed exactly from that point and dropped 2.5%. If i had not reshorted NG again with proper stop loss, i will be looking at NG dropping 2.5% and cursing everyone in the world that my stop loss was picked. That's why i place stop loss where it getting picked up really means change in market structure.

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-10-14_1027_CL-NG.png
Views:	204
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	161543  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

alejo 
madrid spain

trade1
starting whith "shorting on the bull faces"

trade2
with care because was counter trend i start small and add

stop loss 40points(and with the atr of today i will need more i think)

without exceeding 5lots i lock 255p today

thank you T mfbreakout! you have open my eyes

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

It pays to HOLD.

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-10-14_1233_Rush.png
Views:	181
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	161551  
Thanked by:

alejo 
madrid spain

mfbreakout View Post
It pays to HOLD.

i have fear to loss the green profit, and instead of take risk on the profit and wait to let it grow up, (as i wait for my losers to come back...), i want to exit quick...

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

alejo View Post
what do you mean that is obvious?

i do not understand , if ths vix go high, index down, it look obvious that index down, more risk, then most people think mkt go down.
is if obvious thna the mkt go down, then the opportunity is long?

Hi Alejo,

My comment was a tongue in cheek comment. Point i was trying to make one can not just look at one of the variables which impacts market and make a forecast. You know my thinking about forcast " It's not allowed and it's not needed".

A fellow trader who i talk to from time to time can not help himself from making forcasts as to what will market do tomorrow etc. He did not short at all as ES dropped 100+ points over last 2 weeks. Yesterday, he emailed me a weekly chart with trend lines, channels saying that long held trend line is broken and he is no longer bullish.

He is no longer bullish and we have TF rip 2.4% today? What good this analysis is for? I say it's nothing but DAY DREAMING. We have tools like market internals and we decide what to do based on that. We like to keep it SIMPLE.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

alejo View Post
i have fear to loss the green profit, and instead of take risk on the profit and wait to let it grow up, (as i wait for my losers to come back...), i want to exit quick...

It will come in steps. You are one of the few traders who have started using wide stop loss. This is the first step. It will give you time to think about trading vs worrying about stop loss. Once you get comfortable with stop loss you will start getting bigger and bigger targets. Now you are in the game. With Mickey Mouse stop loss a trader is not even in the game.

NOTE: Just to be clear, not every set up calls for a 150 ticks wide stop loss for CL as an example.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on November 27, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts