NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

COMMON SENSE

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mfbreakout with 980 posts (2,733 thanks)
    2. looks_two sandptrader with 64 posts (128 thanks)
    3. looks_3 alejo with 36 posts (38 thanks)
    4. looks_4 madLyfe with 24 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Surly with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mfbreakout with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 jthom with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sandptrader with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 159,765 views
    2. thumb_up 3,304 thanks given
    3. group 64 followers
    1. forum 1,262 posts
    2. attach_file 811 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

COMMON SENSE

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, TOS
Trading: ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 3,478
Thanks Received: 15,818

From Bloomberg this morning

" Oil’s collapse into a bear market is excessive because there’s no oversupply to justify the sell-off, according to Goldman Sachs Group Inc.

The bank is “near-term constructive about prices” after they fell too much, too soon, analysts including Jeffrey Currie, the head of commodities research in New York, wrote in a report e-mailed today. While speculation of a global oversupply drove down prompt oil, there’s no incentive to store because forward contracts are weaker, potentially creating a near-term shortage as stockpiles are depleted, according to the bank.

“The ‘supply glut’ is not yet here today, it exists in expectations,” the analysts wrote. “Prices have also likely overshot to the downside particularly as the lower we go, the tighter the near-term balances become.”

Oil slumped as shale boosts U.S. output to the highest level in almost 30 years amid signs of weakening global demand. The biggest producers in the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries are responding by cutting prices, sparking speculation they’ll compete for market share rather than reduce supply. OPEC’s 12 members pump about 40 percent of world supply.

With every 10 percent drop in oil prices, consumption grows by 0.15 percent, Goldman estimated. Brent crude’s slump of almost 30 percent from its June peak may mean additional demand of almost 500,000 barrels a day, according to the bank.

Futures are paring losses as other banks including BNP Paribas SA and Bank of America Corp. predict the rout may be over. West Texas Intermediate, the U.S. benchmark crude, rose as much as 1 percent to $83.52 a barrel in New York. London-traded Brent climbed 1.1 percent to $86.79, also gaining a second day."

Thank You GS, BAC etc but we already know based off yesterday PRICE ACTION that $80 level is support till proven wrong. O.K, we got support, how about resistance? How high CL can bounce? One step at a time. Just like as price moved to the down side and with each support broken we moved to the next one. Similarly, as each resistance is broken we will move to the next one.

For the time being resistance is above 85. Once 85 gets taken out with CONVICTION, we will look for next level.

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

You should be dancing. For all the aspiring traders.

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-10-17_0347_trading_Space.png
Views:	136
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	162109  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

mfbreakout View Post
Time to check in Euro open and CL short i put in during Euro session.

out flat 83.22 on long from 82.60 area.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

mfbreakout View Post
out flat 83.22 on long from 82.60 area.

Before heading back to bed, i had a small wish for CL. CL may not hit ultimate target in the time frame and manner i may wish but short set up was as clear as it can get in a UNKNOWN trading world based of probabilities. Context/Probabilities first everything else is a side show. The more side show one likes the more bells and whistles one rely on. Set up was based off edges off the trading floor which unlike dance floor is not fixed.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-10-17_0747_range_short.png
Views:	174
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	162121   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-10-17_0742_Prayer.png
Views:	147
Size:	398.9 KB
ID:	162122  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

I have been banned

I have been ignored

but i can't help myself

because i am a ---------.

I will have to think about filling the blanks.

Thanked by:
mapq
Portugal

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 14

The unemployment rate represents unemployed persons as a percentage of the labour force based on International Labour Office (ILO) definition. The labour force is the total number of people employed and unemployed. Unemployed persons comprise persons aged 15 to 74 who:
- are without work during the reference week;
- are available to start work within the next two weeks;
- and have been actively seeking work in the past four weeks or had already found a job to start within the next three months.
Data are presented in seasonally adjusted form.

Happy trading to all.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

I have not taken a trade since covering CL short around 83.20 area on short from 84.20 area. NQ, TF is up and up, internals are +ve every where but per my RULES i can not take longs without decent pullbacks. So sitting on hands ,enjoying music and looking for shorts. Just as ES, NQ went down way beyond what everyone thought market will go down to when market internals were -ve, similalry they can move to the upside way beyond what most people think when internals are as +ve as they are today. So be extra careful if thinking about shorts.

I have a small short in TF from 1092 area but nothing so far, just couple of points of back and forth. TF had quite a run over last couple of days and is most due for a pullback. NQ , ES up around 1.70% and TF up only .50 %. It's out of GAS.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

mfbreakout View Post
I have not taken a trade since covering CL short around 83.20 area on short from 84.20 area. NQ, TF is up and up, internals are +ve every where but per my RULES i can not take longs without decent pullbacks. So sitting on hands ,enjoying music and looking for shorts. Just as ES, NQ went down way beyond what everyone thought market will go down to when market internals were -ve, similalry they can move to the upside way beyond what most people think when internals are as +ve as they are today. So be extra careful if thinking about shorts.

I have a small short in TF from 1092 area but nothing so far, just couple of points of back and forth. TF had quite a run over last couple of days and is most due for a pullback. NQ , ES up around 1.70% and TF up only .50 %. It's out of GAS.

Why no shorts in NQ, ES and only a scalp in TF short for 3 points?

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-10-17_1136_NO_SHORTS.png
Views:	160
Size:	482.0 KB
ID:	162200  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

How to size a position? It depends on internals plus how much of a hold time one is willing to endure with lots of back and forth.

Either way HOLD TIME is always longer than most traders realize if they want significant portion of intra day opportunities.
Also short TF from 1091 area and around 2 hours of hold time.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-10-17_1336_NQ_short.png
Views:	144
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	162232  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

mfbreakout View Post
How to size a position? It depends on internals plus how much of a hold time one is willing to endure with lots of back and forth.

Either way HOLD TIME is always longer than most traders realize if they want significant portion of intra day opportunities.
Also short TF from 1091 area and around 2 hours of hold time.

Out flat NQ around 3796 and TF 1076. If i had more contracts on, i would have left some from the short side. In summary 2 hours of wait time from NY open to see if short makes sense ( no longs) and than 3 hours of hold time from the short side. It's hard for me to imagine how home gamers can trade by looking at so called order flow via DOM etc if their goal is to clear 50% of intra day moves via 1 or 2 trades. It will be nice to see a FLUSH DOWN while internals staying green to go long. Otherwise, no trade.

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on November 27, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts