NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

COMMON SENSE

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mfbreakout with 980 posts (2,733 thanks)
    2. looks_two sandptrader with 64 posts (128 thanks)
    3. looks_3 alejo with 36 posts (38 thanks)
    4. looks_4 madLyfe with 24 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Surly with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mfbreakout with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 jthom with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sandptrader with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 160,619 views
    2. thumb_up 3,304 thanks given
    3. group 64 followers
    1. forum 1,262 posts
    2. attach_file 811 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

COMMON SENSE

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, TOS
Trading: ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 3,478
Thanks Received: 15,818

TF took away half the gain of ZS . CL it's doing her thing. Short 98.16 and holding. Beating in TF forced me to cover some in TF and CL.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-08-05_1021_orl.png
Views:	180
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	152516  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

There is more to trading than just A up/A down, channels, bull flags etc.. I do not enjoy pain but some times there is no way of avoiding it.

Loss or Gains ONLY matters when they are booked. CL and ZS saved the day and TF a scratch after being on PAIN TRAIN. I am not advocating being on a PAIN TRAIN and getting scratch on a trade after 4 hours of JOY RIDE. Best one can hope is get a scratch trade or manageable loss on a rotational day. Getting out at 1127 etc per PAIN THERSHOLD would not have been not a good idea.

If nothing else lesson learned and noted. However, TF and entire market had to completely start ONE TIME FRAMING for me to cover short at highs etc. It's just one way of trading. I did not cover some at ORL this morning as i was expecting based on market internals for some more down move- something like 10 points would have been nice.

Rules call for to cover some at ORL and if break below ORL with conviction add to short. Basically, we had failed A down in front of -ve internals and a 15 points rotation back up. Pretty amazing that TF on a pullback just is stuck at ORH around 1118.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-08-05_1135_scratch.png
Views:	180
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	152525  
Thanked by:

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, TOS
Broker: AMP/CQG, TOS
Trading: CL, TF, GC
Thanks Given: 9,220
Thanks Received: 1,020

mfbreakout View Post
There is more to trading than just A up/A down, channels, bull flags etc.. I do not enjoy pain but some times there is no way of avoiding it.

Loss or Gains ONLY matters when they are booked. CL and ZS saved the day and TF a scratch after being on PAIN TRAIN. I am not advocating being on a PAIN TRAIN and getting scratch on a trade after 4 hours of JOY RIDE. Best one can hope is get a scratch trade or manageable loss on a rotational day. Getting out at 1127 etc per PAIN THERSHOLD would not have been not a good idea.

If nothing else lesson learned and noted. However, TF and entire market had to completely start ONE TIME FRAMING for me to cover short at highs etc. It's just one way of trading. I did not cover some at ORL this morning as i was expecting based on market internals for some more down move- something like 10 points would have bben nice.

Rules call for to cover some at ORL and if break below ORL with conviction add to short. Basically, we had failed A down in front of -ve internals and a 15 points rotation back up. Pretty amazing that TF on a pullback just is stuck at ORH around 1118.

this isnt a buy?

dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

madLyfe View Post
this isnt a buy?

Not for me. Not ideal conditions. $ strong, internals -ve- it's pretty high bar to clear for longs.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-08-05_1333_nyse.png
Views:	166
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	152538  
Thanked by:

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, TOS
Broker: AMP/CQG, TOS
Trading: CL, TF, GC
Thanks Given: 9,220
Thanks Received: 1,020

mfbreakout View Post
Not for me. Not ideal conditions. $ strong, internals -ve- it's pretty high bar to clear for longs.

ok ya, i can wrap my head around that. i guess i just dont understand your ORs or how they change on certain days. also why the internals are on a diff time frame than your charts. in time. i do enjoy following along though.

dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

A loosing trade first becomes SCRATCH , covered some around 1119, held some, now it's GREEN. Tough way to make a living.

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

madLyfe View Post
ok ya, i can wrap my head around that. i guess i just dont understand your ORs or how they change on certain days. also why the internals are on a diff time frame than your charts. in time. i do enjoy following along though.

I am not matching trading charts with internals chart. I am trading a premise/Context with some help from internals.

Intra day A up/A down has to be looked at with what's been happening on weekly A up/A down. Or lets put another way, if an instruement is weak based on number lines ( one does need those, one can just look at daily, weekly chart)
then intra day A up has less of a value.

OR is just one small component. Trying to trade based off A up/A down gives a trader 7% edge per Mr. Fisher and it's not enough to trade.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

I try not to trade between 2.15 to 2.30 eastern time due to binary options. Have 20 minutes left to see if there is another leg down. Don't ask me how binary options work. I just try to step aside.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-08-05_1354_CL.png
Views:	171
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	152539  

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

mfbreakout View Post
I try not to trade between 2.15 to 2.30 eastern time due to binary options. Have 20 minutes left to see if there is another leg down. Don't ask me how binary options work. I just try to step aside.

There were no longs for me in CL today. Out 97.19 before 2.15 pm.

Report card of our children. More the marrier. We never know which one will perform better than others.

1) ZS. Short and flat around ORL. Long off ORL but only 3 points on long side for 4 hours of song and dance. Holding some.

2) CL. Only shorts. Flat.

3) NG. No go. Flat.

4) TF. Pain train and then long time to turn around. Flat around ORL.

5) GC. No trade. Had set up for longs but being on PAIN TRAIN with TF, decided to pass plus NG, HG were not working, so it put a damper on GC long trade off 1284 area. Every trade required long HOLD time to get any where unless one is focused on ticks.

6) HG. Scratch.

Rest no set up, No trade.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Someone e-mailed me basically admiring management of TF trade. Thanks but it's not the ideal way to trade. I was trying to show PAIN TRAIN and what it takes to get out of it with some logic etc.

Trade eventually turned to be +ve for the day but it caused me to miss GC long trade and not trade CL with size.
Plus i could not hold all the contracts all the way to ORL. I have tried that in the past and have seen many times where TF will go back to days highs in front of-ve internals. Basically, that trade put me in a defensive mode. In other words watching all those soccerr videos this morning did not really CALM me down. It took 10 full points move against me to settle down and manage the trade.

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on November 27, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts