NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

COMMON SENSE

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mfbreakout with 980 posts (2,733 thanks)
    2. looks_two sandptrader with 64 posts (128 thanks)
    3. looks_3 alejo with 36 posts (38 thanks)
    4. looks_4 madLyfe with 24 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Surly with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mfbreakout with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 jthom with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sandptrader with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 159,765 views
    2. thumb_up 3,304 thanks given
    3. group 64 followers
    1. forum 1,262 posts
    2. attach_file 811 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

COMMON SENSE

Bsinks 
Wichita Falls TX/United States

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Soybeans, Crude, Natural Gas
Thanks Given: 37
Thanks Received: 65

TF just completed a 10% correction.....could go lower and could bounce.........just FYI

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, TOS
Trading: ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 3,478
Thanks Received: 15,818

mfbreakout View Post
Everyone can see why CL stopped around 91 area. My trading set ups do not call for longs and hold during Globex.
What's the next thing a trader can do? For me, ONLY question is where can i short? I am short 91.70, 91 area. I am not couting that CL will just stop at 91. I am trading probabilities and ranges. If massive short squueze or buying shows up before DOE report, i will step aside and wait for DOE report. If price moves up without conviction, will add to shorts.

We have DOE report today. CL will trade in a tight rnage till then. After 10.30, we will know if 90.80 area is low for this week and what will be high.

Flat and scratch trade before DOE report. CL back to it's rotation mode with long hold time to get paid some. Short 92.40 area and 92.80 area after DOE report. So far, nothing to show for with more than an hour of hold time. Modest targets. Not every day has to be 300 ticks day.

Nice trades in TF and NG from the short side.

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

CL shorts. Contrary to what some may believe, i am not a trader who picks levels to the tick. I try my best to find a good trade location but i do not bend out of shape if it's not. It's not easy trying to day trade while at the same time keep BIG picture in mind.

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-10-01_1157_shorts.png
Views:	155
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	159278  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

TF. 2 trades so far. Both shorts. If i am wrong on shorts, at least i can blame internals. Not sure who can i balme if i am wrong on longs? That's what makes a market.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-10-01_1207_short.png
Views:	130
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	159281   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-10-01_1214_mapper.png
Views:	142
Size:	368.5 KB
ID:	159282  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

mfbreakout View Post
Flat and scratch trade before DOE report. CL back to it's rotation mode with long hold time to get paid some. Short 92.40 area and 92.80 area after DOE report. So far, nothing to show for with more than an hour of hold time. Modest targets. Not every day has to be 300 ticks day.

Nice trades in TF and NG from the short side.

Well FAT LADY finally started singing. Cover some 92 and out flat 91.80.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

During my conversation with someone who has been following my journal, he raised a good point. Basically, he said that he sees the logic of my trades but at this stageof his career, he finds it very hard to trade the way i trade- wide stop loss, adding to a psoition etc. He asked me if there is another journal which can help him which does not involve wide stop loss etc.

I told him, he can read Vince Virgil ( now closed) journal. Just be careful and not get too deep with Vince way of trading if one ultimate goal is to trade different instruements at the same time. Vince method seemed to require too much concentration and attention to small details to capture 30 or so ticks with 10 ticks stop loss. If one gets too attached to such an approach ( i was in the same boat earlier in my career with a totally different method) it becomes difficult to switch to longer time frame method.

Vince approach seems to have good risk: reward and good starting point for a trader.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

mfbreakout View Post
Well FAT LADY finally started singing. Cover some 92 and out flat 91.80.

Reshort 92.10 area. It pays to stay with the macro trend. Out flat 90.70.

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

mfbreakout View Post
TF. 2 trades so far. Both shorts. If i am wrong on shorts, at least i can blame internals. Not sure who can i balme if i am wrong on longs? That's what makes a market.

TF

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-10-01_1435.png
Views:	136
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	159313  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

It does not matter which instruement is one trading. Set ups are the same. I decided not to use anything which works on one instruement but does not work on others like some order flow tools. Whenever i will talk with a vendor, it will be like this works for E-mini but not for CL or CC etc. I will thank them and move on. Why get my brain trained a certain way with a tool which works for E-mini but not for the other.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-10-01_1442_NG.png
Views:	133
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	159315  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

mfbreakout View Post
TF

Never a good idea to pick lows against kind of selling we have today. Out flat 1083 and rest B/E. ONLY traders who were bullish in E-min etc. showcasing that trend is intact with long term trend lines and refusing to short on the premise that trend is still intact are trying to go long. They see support everywhere. May be indicies will bounce , may be not. Nothing goes up or down in a straight line. It will be pretty obvious from market internals when it makes sense to go long just like today it only made sense to short. No need to pick spots in front of a freight train.

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on November 27, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts