NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

COMMON SENSE

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mfbreakout with 980 posts (2,733 thanks)
    2. looks_two sandptrader with 64 posts (128 thanks)
    3. looks_3 alejo with 36 posts (38 thanks)
    4. looks_4 madLyfe with 24 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Surly with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mfbreakout with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 jthom with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sandptrader with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 159,885 views
    2. thumb_up 3,304 thanks given
    3. group 64 followers
    1. forum 1,262 posts
    2. attach_file 811 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

COMMON SENSE

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, TOS
Trading: ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 3,478
Thanks Received: 15,818

mfbreakout View Post
No longs in TF. Gave up all the gains from ealier short as i kept shorting when TF moved from 1045 to 1075. How? Not a pretty day but got the job done.

Held 2 cars short from yesterday. Shorted NQ this morning. US traders just tend to focus on US markets with nonsense comments like that S&P is down only 5% over 10 days etc., no need to panic. We do not panic, we just trade. How about Germany, UK etc being down day after day 2%, 3% , 4%. World is a village- at least when it comes to trading. Pretty soon i will start trading DAX and FTSE.

NOTE: Will be looking at APPL earnings on October 20th to gauage market sentiment. It's just one factor and lot of money is in it. If safe heavens start getting liquidated - WATCH OUT.

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-10-16_0547_euro.png
Views:	155
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	161921  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

"1) Go flat and reshort on break of 80." We got #1 hand dealt.

where to short , how high it will bounce, where would be stop loss? No easy anwers. My stop loss is above 82.50 area.
Short 80.68 in case CL just get sold. Cover some. NY open will tell give clues as to how much down move is in the cards or there is a bounce brewing up underneath. Every trade as an element of Danger, some more than the others.

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

I have to give credit to a fellow trader who will not short E-mini till his weekly support/channel was broken- E-mini fell off about 110 points before he emailed me his chart and said he is no longer bullish . He has been shorting every bounce in E-mini since then and has done very well. In the end we all trade our CONVICTIONS. NO convictions = Trading randomness= Mickey Mouse trades.

I actually got more confident in shorting NQ, TF etc. after i saw him going shorts over last couple of days. It helps to see what other traders are looking at/doing.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

TF. Basically nothing so far. Still holding shorts after 2 hours. Average short price around 1076. Same for NQ holding shorts from 3754 area.Will scale out on 4-5 points pullbacks but i am not taking longs at ORH area.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-10-16_1140_TF.png
Views:	152
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	161978  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

I am glad i focused more on NQ today. It's tough to hold for long hours and see P&L turn from GREEN to RED, RED to GREEN. I try not to look at P&L but when you are loaded with position size it's hard not to look at P&L.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-10-16_1210_NQ.png
Views:	137
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	161984  

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

CC is going NUTS due to EBOLA. No clear patterns though except very wide stop loss and then directional bet with long hold time.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-10-16_1224_CC.png
Views:	141
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	161987  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Wow, wow-- One has to be prepared when something happens with CL like it did today. 99% of the time i am against trades which require QUICK THINKING and HANDS. However, one should leave room for 1%. Over 4 years i have seen something like this probably 5 times. I am glad i had Carlos Danger video on my mind this morning.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-10-16_1303_Light_up..png
Views:	173
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	161998   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-10-16_1310_pullback..png
Views:	163
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	161999  
 sandptrader 
Valdosta, GA. U.S.A

Platform: Sierra , TOS
Trading: 6E, ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 1,881
Thanks Received: 472

mfbreakout View Post
Wow, wow-- One has to be prepared when something happens with CL like it did today. 99% of the time i am against trades which require QUICK THINKING and HANDS. However, one should leave room for 1%. Over 4 years i have seen something like this probably 5 times. I am glad i had Carlos Danger video on my mind this morning.

Looks like it hit the Down Trendline...i was not watching CL today until you posted this...Great Trade @mfbreakout.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 11-14 (30 BetterRenko)  10_16_2014.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	162001  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

mfbreakout View Post
I am glad i focused more on NQ today. It's tough to hold for long hours and see P&L turn from GREEN to RED, RED to GREEN. I try not to look at P&L but when you are loaded with position size it's hard not to look at P&L.

Market internals mixed at best. Added to shorts in NQ around 3782. So far have not been paid the way i want but enough while keeping some shorts on. The set up is reversion to the mean pullback. I see plenty of RED stocks across the board including BIG CAP technology names. Since 10 am nothing but shorts with some scaling out in between to keep the balance. I am not expecting NQ to fall out of bed but 20-30 points should be good enough for a pullback.
lets take example of CL today. It moved from 80 to 84.80 area, about 480 ticks. this is way beyond ATR within a macro bearish trend and it's was an easy short per my rules.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

For ACD traders- the long set up was one of Mark Fisher classic. A up against extreme sell off/ -ve price action. Bad news good price action.

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on November 27, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts