NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

COMMON SENSE

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mfbreakout with 980 posts (2,733 thanks)
    2. looks_two sandptrader with 64 posts (128 thanks)
    3. looks_3 alejo with 36 posts (38 thanks)
    4. looks_4 madLyfe with 24 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Surly with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mfbreakout with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 jthom with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sandptrader with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 160,750 views
    2. thumb_up 3,304 thanks given
    3. group 64 followers
    1. forum 1,262 posts
    2. attach_file 811 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

COMMON SENSE

tflanner 
Chicago, IL

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Ninja
Trading: ES, Ym, NQ, VTI, SPY, VXUS
Thanks Given: 797
Thanks Received: 320

Here is an article of a CBOT floor trader Chip Kenyon. He was a local in the bond pit. I worked on the floor from 1987 to 2001 and I would have to say he and Tom Baldwin were the most impressive traders I saw. He traded incredible size and he was the hardest working local i saw in the Pit. He donated $ for an Ice Rink at Middlebury College, which is named Chip Kenyon Arena.

Ramblings of a Speculator : Chip Kenyon

The Market is Smarter than You Are

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Platform: Tradestation, TOS
Trading: ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 3,478
Thanks Received: 15,818

tflanner View Post
Here is an article of a CBOT floor trader Chip Kenyon. He was a local in the bond pit. I worked on the floor from 1987 to 2001 and I would have to say he and Tom Baldwin were the most impressive traders I saw. He traded incredible size and he was the hardest working local i saw in the Pit. He donated $ for an Ice Rink at Middlebury College, which is named Chip Kenyon Arena.

Ramblings of a Speculator : Chip Kenyon

" My neighbor always said we have to get the right breed in the business. I tried to help out 13 guys but only 1 of them made it. We want to pass it down to the next generation and have stable guys in the business."

I don't feel bad after reading this. My man Fish tried to help 1,000 or so and only 30 or so made it. There are many reasons for it but the traders i have interacted with can pick direction right, can get location right but keep mucking it up with TIGHT Stop loss and expecting QUICK returns.

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

" 1) Misread price action in CL late afternoon when it broke above 92 area and missed longs.Short 92.60 , 92.90 and 93.25 area. Holding into Globex. Looks like once every two weeks i miss longs and have to meet CL on the other side and sweat bullets for a day and manage position till FAT LADY sings. " ROPE A DOPE"."

Cover some 92.73.

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-24_2205_ATR1.png
Views:	176
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	158186  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Picking top? Requires lot of experience to pull something like this. I ONLY use disaster stop loss.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-09-24_2222_high_and_tight.png
Views:	213
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	158188  
Thanked by:
JTurner77
Los Angeles, CA

Thanks Given: 55
Thanks Received: 31

mfbreakout View Post
Picking top? Requires lot of experience to pull something like this. I ONLY use disaster stop loss.

How do you know when you're wrong?

Thanked by:
 jsengxx2 
Portugal, Viana do Castelo

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: 6e

mfbreakout View Post

You sound like GOD.

I think trading without a stop loss is the worst recommendation you can give to traders that are beginning and coming here to look for help.

If I look at your other thread that was closed that is located in the elite section, you where using a stop loss of 20 ticks if I remember.

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

jsengxx2 View Post
You sound like GOD.

I think trading without a stop loss is the worst recommendation you can give to traders that are beginning and coming here to look for help.

If I look at your other thread that was closed that is located in the elite section, you where using a stop loss of 20 ticks if I remember.

I am not sure what gives you the impression that i do not recommend using stop loss. It's pretty clear just in my last post
" I ONLY use disaster stop loss."

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

JTurner77 View Post
How do you know when you're wrong?

I am wrong everyday in terms of timing, position size, price path etc. As far as how do i know if i am wrong from CONTEXTEUAL point of view?

CL has been in a bearish trend over last 5 weeks. If CL moves to the upside at least 2 days in a row outside her daily ATR, i will start thinking that maybe trend change is underway. CL ATR is about 160 -200 ticks. If it moves 400 ticks to the upside without any deep pullbacks, my disaster stop loss will be hit and i will have to rethink about CL being in a bearish trend. How an instruement tries to reverse a trend is very important. It's just not a matter of ticks.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-09-25_0516_trend1.png
Views:	188
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	158228  
Thanked by:
 jsengxx2 
Portugal, Viana do Castelo

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: 6e

mfbreakout View Post
I am not sure what gives you the impression that i do not recommend using stop loss. It's pretty clear just in my last post
" I ONLY use disaster stop loss."

Just be more specific. Just mention the amount of ticks you are using.

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

jsengxx2 View Post
Just be more specific. Just mention the amount of ticks you are using.

150 ticks. Whatever the stop loss limit one uses- main idea is that any one position should not -vely impact ones portfolio more than 1-2 % of equity.

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on November 27, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts