NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

COMMON SENSE

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mfbreakout with 980 posts (2,733 thanks)
    2. looks_two sandptrader with 64 posts (128 thanks)
    3. looks_3 alejo with 36 posts (38 thanks)
    4. looks_4 madLyfe with 24 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Surly with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mfbreakout with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 jthom with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sandptrader with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 160,619 views
    2. thumb_up 3,304 thanks given
    3. group 64 followers
    1. forum 1,262 posts
    2. attach_file 811 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

COMMON SENSE

sandptrader 
Valdosta, GA. U.S.A

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra , TOS
Trading: 6E, ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 1,881
Thanks Received: 472

mfbreakout View Post
LOL- " But in my Opinion you do not need anyone's help mfbreakout." Thanks for your concern. I posted this to be FUNNY not to get feedback whether it's legit.

..........i was 99.9 % Sure you would not fall for that one...Now i am 100% Positive.
I just automatically started Analyzing their add for that System , as it Sure sounded like a Scam...
Your Right it is Hilarious ...at what people will do to try and Convince you to give up your money.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
12 thanks
 sandptrader 
Valdosta, GA. U.S.A

Platform: Sierra , TOS
Trading: 6E, ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 1,881
Thanks Received: 472

mfbreakout View Post
Hi Sandptrader,

TOS has the same thing called market watch. I posted stockmapper for traders who do not have TOS platform. Having REAL TIME data is of little value in this case. The beauty of index like TF, ES etc. is that they just sit within a tight range for some time before making a REAL move. There is no reason to rush. It takes 5-10 minutes to see if market internals are REAL GREEN, REAL RED. Initially they are just neutral. Traders jump on the trade without real confirmation and get worried as price moves back and forth with 2-4 points. I have no interest in trading till things line up properly.

I will use this data for setting up the Indicator for OR for each Instrument.

RTH. For CL OR is 8.30 to 9.15 am It's 45 minutes. For ES, NQ, TF etc it's 9.30 am to 9.50 am. Thus OR is 20 minutes. Indicators for TOS https://www.thinscripter.com and for Ninja, fat tails had them for free in elite section.

ACD Method Intro

I will take note of all you have said in this post....many things in here you said to watch for.
I Appreciate all you are sharing.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Platform: Tradestation, TOS
Trading: ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 3,478
Thanks Received: 15,818

sandptrader View Post
I will take note of all you have said in this post....many things in here you said to watch for.
I Appreciate all you are sharing.

Just make sure you trade with your core trading method and ONLY incorporte something else either from here or anywhere else if it enhances your current method. Never ever say to yourself that you will learn new trading method to expand trading set ups. Every successful trader i know off has 2-4 key set ups and they just trade them whenever they line up.

I have tried reading other traders methods and regardless how hard i try to understand they never make any sense to me. I have picked up things here and there from other traders and if something aligns with my current method, i incorporate into my method, otherwise " NEXT". In summary anything will work if a trader just get down with 2-4 set ups and ONLY trade them every time. If i could get following set up couple of times a week - i can break the bank just on this ONE set up.

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-01_1719_set_up_#1.png
Views:	179
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	164248  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

My prayer for Monday morning trading session for Crude ?I will be jumping up and down with excitement if Crude moves from closing price of 80.70 on friday to 82.70 area price during Globex session. I will short it. It's easier to short bounces within a bearish trend. If CL price just lingers around $80 area by the time NY session opens- it will be disappointing. Why? becuase i will have to wait GOD knows how long for CL to go up higher to get smacked down.

It's not advisable to short a DULL market.

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
mapq
Portugal

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 14

"The more indicators you have, the more confused you will be.
Hear the roar of the candles, and see how it can all be very different."
Happy weekend to all.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

mapq View Post
"The more indicators you have, the more confused you will be.
Hear the roar of the candles, and see how it can all be very different."
Happy weekend to all.

Look forward to your posts either via your own journal or as always you are welcome to post here " Roar of the candles".

Good trading.

Samm 
Hamilton, Ontario

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL, TF
Thanks Given: 585
Thanks Received: 138

mfbreakout View Post
for Ninja, fat tails had them for free in elite section.

ACD Method Intro

Hi @mfbreakout

Congratulations on successfully trading ACD method. In fact creating your own unique trading style from it. I have some questions and need your help, if you don't mind.

(1) I tried to find that indicator by @Fat Tails in elite section but was not able to find it. Could you please tell me what is the name of indicator?

(2) I tried to learn ACD method basics from the link you provided but could not understand a single word from it. It might be because there is no easy explanation with examples of charts. Would it be possible for you to explain system with the help of charts please? Like A up, A down, C up, C down, Failed A etc and whole system at large.

I am afraid that I am asking too much? If this the case than pardon me and please provide may be just one or two chart examples and I will get my basics from there.

I appreciate for all your efforts. Thank you very much.

Trade what you see, not what you think!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Samm View Post
Hi @mfbreakout

Congratulations on successfully trading ACD method. In fact creating your own unique trading style from it. I have some questions and need your help, if you don't mind.

(1) I tried to find that indicator by @Fat Tails in elite section but was not able to find it. Could you please tell me what is the name of indicator?

(2) I tried to learn ACD method basics from the link you provided but could not understand a single word from it. It might be because there is no easy explanation with examples of charts. Would it be possible for you to explain system with the help of charts please? Like A up, A down, C up, C down, Failed A etc and whole system at large.

I am afraid that I am asking too much? If this the case than pardon me and please provide may be just one or two chart examples and I will get my basics from there.

I appreciate for all your efforts. Thank you very much.

1)

Above link has a post from Silver99 in which he has posted ACD indicators Fat Tails developed for him. Fat Tails also has other indicators which i believe is called Noise Bands. As far as explaining ACD method- the link is the easiest one. Read it again but more importantly Mark Fisher book. Attached pdf file from my previous journal should help some. The pdf includes some posts from 2 other excellent traders who used to post at my previous journal. PM fellow trader Zakk for further questions since he is the only trader i am aware of who is using ACD trading method.

NOTE: My trading style has changed quite since that pdf file was created. Main change is wide stop loss but core of trading is still the same.

Attached Thumbnails
COMMON SENSE-summary-mfbreakout-thread-update-revised.pdf  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

I do not day trade stocks and have no desire to do so ( I do swing trade stocks). Someone told me about Lex Van Dam. Following is from his educational site. Anyone with GS pedigree offering education should have some value vs all BS we have all over trading universe in the name of education.

"Meet Lex van Dam.

Born in the Netherlands, Lex van Dam is one of the UK’s most respected hedge fund managers, as well as a leading financial educator. He began his professional career in 1992, trading stocks for Goldman Sachs where he worked for ten years, latterly as head of the equities proprietary trading desk. After that he ran money at GLG, which at the time, was Europe’s largest hedge fund. From 2007 onwards he has been a hedge fund manager at Hampstead Capital LLP.

‘Trading is what I do for living. Financial education is my way of giving back to society.’

Lex van Dam Financial Education - Default index

Thanked by:

Samm 
Hamilton, Ontario

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL, TF
Thanks Given: 585
Thanks Received: 138

mfbreakout View Post
1)

Above link has a post from Silver99 in which he has posted ACD indicators Fat Tails developed for him. Fat Tails also has other indicators which i believe is called Noise Bands. As far as explaining ACD method- the link is the easiest one. Read it again but more importantly Mark Fisher book. Attached pdf file from my previous journal should help some. The pdf includes some posts from 2 other excellent traders who used to post at my previous journal. PM fellow trader Zakk for further questions since he is the only trader i am aware of who is using ACD trading method.

NOTE: My trading style has changed quite since that pdf file was created. Main change is wide stop loss but core of trading is still the same.

Thanks a lot and much much appreciated. This is the information I was looking for.

Trade what you see, not what you think!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Closed Thread

Last Updated on November 27, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts