NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

COMMON SENSE

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mfbreakout with 980 posts (2,733 thanks)
    2. looks_two sandptrader with 64 posts (128 thanks)
    3. looks_3 alejo with 36 posts (38 thanks)
    4. looks_4 madLyfe with 24 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Surly with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mfbreakout with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 jthom with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sandptrader with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 159,765 views
    2. thumb_up 3,304 thanks given
    3. group 64 followers
    1. forum 1,262 posts
    2. attach_file 811 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

COMMON SENSE

Bsinks 
Wichita Falls TX/United States

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Soybeans, Crude, Natural Gas
Thanks Given: 37
Thanks Received: 65

The Russell is only about 200 ticks away from completing a 10% correction.......I'm not suggesting any thing....Just food for thought.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, TOS
Trading: ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 3,478
Thanks Received: 15,818

it helps to look at weekly/monthly charts. I look at them every day even though price may be 300-500 ticks away from any support or resistance. I used to think what's the point at looking at them? Prices/Levels on these weekly charts are so far away from any support or resistance. In simple terms, it helps to keep things in perespective.

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-26_0855_room.png
Views:	150
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	158490  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

I am leaning more and more towards swing trading especially with CC, ZW, ZS, KC etc. GC, CL, TF still day trading.

Based off weekly chart of GC and macro factors. Key being REAL INTEREST rates. I shorted GC around 1227 area. Target always is daily ATR which is around 14 points or at least thats what i try to target.

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

I did it for years and quite successfully. However, if one wants to get on with the game, focusing on price path of any instruement, for example CL for next 30 ticks, 2 points in TF etc is as USEFULL as TITS on a BULL. When i was trading for 30 ticks etc main problem was that i was bullish or bearish within the same day, hour, 30 minutes etc you name it . I read my old posts and foolishness of that approach is beyond being funny ( if one wants to move to the next level).
Example, CL is at 91.50 buyers in full control and 30 minutes later CL at 90.50, now bears have taken control, short it. Wrong in both cases and back to zero.

By the way short CL 93.10 area this morning as CL was showcasing bulls/buyers in full control. Instead of worrying about if CL will go to 93.50, 93.80 etc I know what needs to happen for me to turn bullish on CL. Whether CL pulls back from 93.10, 93.40, etc is not i worry about.

NOTE: If one has plan to move from scalping to next level, it will not come easy. It took me 4 years and if one is happy with scalping, DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY. Just do not mix different styles.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

I hope no one expected for TF to just sell off or snap back up 10 points within first hour from NY open? More likely scenario was some rotation and back and forth movement.
Internals are +ve, so treid long 1106.50, out some 1111 area and looking to add on pullback. I am not sure why traders spend time on price. Yesterday at 1106 area there were no buyers and today there are. If one went long yesterday at 1106, he got surprised and if he decided to hold the trade overnight- he got nothing but anxiety. That's why i ONLY trade TF, NQ etc when majority of the players are on the field.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Some traders did not take shorts yesterday because price had already gotten away from their IDEAL LOCATION. I do not know what that means for a day like yesterday when there was selling across the board. Was ideal entry for TF was 1118, 1120 etc. For me it did not matter as long it is not close to daily ATR of TF. I just wanted to be short- 1118, 1112, 1110 and so on.

Today ( which is typical after a massive move ) when TF is stuck within 3 or so points, for some reason traders feel comfortable with calling levels and scalping for ticks. Someone emailed me long 1108.50 out 1110, stop loss 1107 with all kinds of reasons for the trade. He is a friend so i could not tell him that i do not trade " ROUNDING ERRORS".

I am long , took some off, added to long on pullback around 1106 and staying long. My trades may turn out to be 3-4 points scalps also but i am not going long and then short etc.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

mfbreakout View Post
I am leaning more and more towards swing trading especially with CC, ZW, ZS, KC etc. GC, CL, TF still day trading.

Based off weekly chart of GC and macro factors. Key being REAL INTEREST rates. I shorted GC around 1227 area. Target always is daily ATR which is around 14 points or at least thats what i try to target.

Out of GC short 1215. flat.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

I will not name the trader but CL had him doing a new kind of dance- TICK dance.

1) His indicators were bullish this morning. Long 93.04 stop loss 92.89. Target 93.50. Got stopped out.

2) When CL failed to test yesterday high and was at 92.80, his indicators were sell, sell. Short 92.79. Stop loss 93.11.
traget yesterday low 92.20 area. Out some 92.66 as price stalled and stopped out on rest.

3) Bullish again. Long 92.95. and stopped out 92.79 after he made up his mind that he is not doing anything till either his target gets hit or he got stopped out.

He is done for the day. He does not like CL song and dance.

There is not much difference between his and my trades except i do not worry about stop loss within randomness.

1) Short 93.11. Cover some 92.64 at ORL. Flat 92.72 after 20 minutes.

2) reshort 93.16 and still holding shorts. I was hoping for a FLUSH to the upside but no go. FLUSH up would have allowed me to short with size.

I told him to seek out a " Black Magic Woman" if he wants precision but no guarantees because there is no uncovering of algos " Black Magic Box".

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Light up.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-09-26_1215_light_up.png
Views:	174
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	158535  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Pullback in NKD came. Long.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-09-21_1139_NKD.png
Views:	154
Size:	549.1 KB
ID:	158536   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-25_0615_NKD.png
Views:	154
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	158537   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-26_1231_nkd.png
Views:	140
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	158538  
Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on November 27, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts