NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

COMMON SENSE

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mfbreakout with 980 posts (2,733 thanks)
    2. looks_two sandptrader with 64 posts (128 thanks)
    3. looks_3 alejo with 36 posts (38 thanks)
    4. looks_4 madLyfe with 24 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Surly with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mfbreakout with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 jthom with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sandptrader with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 159,765 views
    2. thumb_up 3,304 thanks given
    3. group 64 followers
    1. forum 1,262 posts
    2. attach_file 811 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

COMMON SENSE

jsengxx2 
Portugal, Viana do Castelo

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: 6e

mfbreakout View Post
I am wrong everyday in terms of timing, position size, price path etc. As far as how do i know if i am wrong from CONTEXTEUAL point of view?

CL has been in a bearish trend over last 5 weeks. If CL moves to the upside at least 2 days in a row outside her daily ATR, i will start thinking that maybe trend change is underway. CL ATR is about 160 -200 ticks. If it moves 400 ticks to the upside without any deep pullbacks, my disaster stop loss will be hit and i will have to rethink about CL being in a bearish trend.

If you are using a stop loss of 400 ticks and your average trade is 30-40 ticks from what I have seen from your screen shots then I hope for you that price never stops you out.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 jsengxx2 

mfbreakout View Post
150 ticks.

That for me is the same thing as trading without a stop loss.

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, TOS
Trading: ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 3,478
Thanks Received: 15,818

jsengxx2 View Post
That for me is the same thing as trading without a stop loss.

I have no interest in what it means to you and neither should you focus on what it means to me. You need to restart your old journal. From the last message you sent me, you are having great success with trading CL. There are lot of traders who can benefit from it.

" Hi mfbreakout,

I have been trading CL now for a couple of months now and with great success"

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
 jsengxx2 

mfbreakout View Post
I have no interest in what it means to you and neither should you focus on what it means to me. You need to restart your old journal. From the last message you sent me, you are having great success with trading CL. There are lot of traders who can benefit from it.

" Hi mfbreakout,

I have been trading CL now for a couple of months now and with great success"

Yes I have send you a question about the NQ vs TF, I´am looking for another market to trade beside the CL and sinds you trade different markets, I think I just had to ask you about it.

I made the question about the stop loss because there are people here on nexusfi.com (formerly BMT) that are following your concept of using large or no stops and that is just the worst thing you can do. I´am not worried about what you do but instead worried about the people (newbies) that are coming here and reading your B*LL S**T.

Someone that had a journal in the elite section and now is doing the same thing in the free section is just doing this whit one thing in his mind and that is trying to make free publicity so you can be a vendor in the future.

About my journal you can read in this thread ( ) why I´m not picking it up.

Balanar 
Germany

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NTB / Continuum
Trading: FDAX and CL
Thanks Given: 510
Thanks Received: 1,689

I hope I can help a bit.

Correct me if I am wrong but MFB uses a DISASTER stop only.

That does NOT mean that he waits for getting stopped out.

If he is wrong (due to context or whatever) he will close his postions with a "small" loss.

Shorting new daily highs with exhaustion is by the way the "right" thing.

Check out the old thread, I focused more than twice on these special exhaustion candles.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Jsseng XX2 has a distinct honor of getting put on ignored list TWICE. He keeps coming back for more- whatever he is looking for.

He sent me e-mails last year asking some questions while totally ignoring the fact or acknowledging his half ass logic. I answered his emails and took him off ignore list after a year. He just can not get out of his own way. Asking BigMike that "Ignore Feature" should be banned and on and on.

He constantly goes around complaining that there is not a single journal at futures.io (formerly BMT) the way he wants it. BigMike told him to move on and start his own journal. Last time, i looked he had $3000 in his SIM trading account. I do not have courage to calculate ROR someone has to get to trade full time and make a living. Trading to get extra income is good with this kind of account size but to make a living- No and No.

I just try to get 25-30% per year- if lucky.

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Balanar View Post
I hope I can help a bit.

Correct me if I am wrong but MFB uses a DISASTER stop only.

That does NOT mean that he waits for getting stopped out.

If he is wrong (due to context or whatever) he will close his postions with a "small" loss.

Shorting new daily highs with exhaustion is by the way the "right" thing.

Check out the old thread, I focused more than twice on these special exhaustion candles.

No guts No Glory.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

NKD.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-21_1139_NKD.png
Views:	198
Size:	549.1 KB
ID:	158233   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-25_0615_NKD.png
Views:	190
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	158234  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Why i have not taken a short in CC and neither have an interest in doing so. Longs and longs.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-09-25_0522_CC.png
Views:	189
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	158235  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

A fellow trader who trades with a relatively small trading account size had told me couple of times that it's much easier to swing trade Vs day trading especially with small equity account. I will look at stop loss required to swing trade and just could not grasp the concept. BigMike has talked about it extensively. At least in my experience, stop loss for swing trading is relatively small vs day trading. In day trading one has to avoid THE NOISE and lot of RANDOMNESS.

PL, CC,KC, ZW etc have no volume to go by. They consolidates for weeks and then trend in one direction for weeks. One just have to wait for weeks sometimes to get the set up. Not good approach for traders who need excitement and stimulation of day trading.

I decided to swing trades these and i am surprised to say the least.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-09-25_0733_PL.png
Views:	198
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	158237  
Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on November 27, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts