NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

COMMON SENSE

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mfbreakout with 980 posts (2,733 thanks)
    2. looks_two sandptrader with 64 posts (128 thanks)
    3. looks_3 alejo with 36 posts (38 thanks)
    4. looks_4 madLyfe with 24 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Surly with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mfbreakout with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 jthom with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sandptrader with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 160,750 views
    2. thumb_up 3,304 thanks given
    3. group 64 followers
    1. forum 1,262 posts
    2. attach_file 811 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

COMMON SENSE

sandptrader 
Valdosta, GA. U.S.A

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra , TOS
Trading: 6E, ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 1,881
Thanks Received: 472

6A..Giant Spike up bar on 1H...Bearish bar.
waiting for possible Entry for Short Position....Not sure thing yet for me.
I could be Completely Wrong on this...have to wait.

I think i am Wrong....at least it looks like a No go to be Fully Bearish till we see who is in Control.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6A-1H-BEAR.png
Views:	151
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	164973  
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
32 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks

Surly 
denver, colorado

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT
Trading: ZS
Thanks Given: 628
Thanks Received: 1,263

For now I see CL as triangulating (slowly forming a "triangle" or consolidation) after the big spike down to 76. Because we are well within the range of 2 days ago I am thinking of today as an "inside" day until something exciting happens. I just can't get interested until we get up to 79.50 or down to 77.00 as indicated on this chart. Once OR forms there might be something to do based on how the market reacts around ORH/ORL and the open but I'm not holding my breath.

I thank MFB for helping me to start pulling my head out of my ass and start waiting more and thinking less.

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty. - Frank Herbert
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 sandptrader 
Valdosta, GA. U.S.A

Platform: Sierra , TOS
Trading: 6E, ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 1,881
Thanks Received: 472

....I thank MFB for helping me to start pulling my head out of my ass and start waiting more and thinking less.
@Surly.......That is the Best Principal to follow.

Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Platform: Tradestation, TOS
Trading: ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 3,478
Thanks Received: 15,818

Anyone who is short from 79.10 area can said a THANK YOU check to. The ones who show up everyday but NO THANKS can keep themselves busy with their favourite passtime by scratching their----------.

NO day dreaming allowed,
Patience Blvd,
Indicators free Universe, 90210.

NOTE: By THANKS i do not mean hitting Thanks tab here. This special group do not maintain a journal of their own to learn and help fellow traders or do no contribute to futures.io (formerly BMT) community in general by sharing their knowledge. Lot of traders do not have journals but they share whatever they can by posting within their area of interest. That's all one needs to contribute.

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-11-07_0748_CL_long.png
Views:	172
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	165000  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

Surly 
denver, colorado

I was a bit late getting into this as I was having trouble with my data connection (not getting realtime for several instruments). The question is, where to take 1 off? My first look will be the open or vwap around 78.50-60 and then I will re-evaluate.

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty. - Frank Herbert
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

The more attempts are made to break 79.50 area- higher the probability of breaking it. But i am holding some shorts and will keep adding to shorts till evidence proves it. Looks like we may be stuck in 79.50 to 78.30 trading box.

By breaking 79.50 area i do not mean price going above it. By breaking i mean that it's such an obvious break that even a NOVICE trader can see it.

My posts are not meant to give financial advice neither do they imply that my method is special. "THIS IS WHAT I COULD BE IF I HAD A TOTALLY CARE FREE STATE OF MIND DURING TRADING" Mark Douglas.
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Gold- betting on some pullback.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-11-07_1125_GC.png
Views:	151
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	165013  
Thanked by:

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

I guess Orange Juice futures were waiting for me to get out and then drop 5% over next 2 days. At least i did not try to go long after getting out of short. I am sure on smaller time frame one could have picked some ticks from the long side but it's not worth the effort. All the efforts should be used to trade with the trend and identify short set ups in case of OJ.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-11-05_1331_OJ_short.png
Views:	170
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	165018   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-07_1209_OJ.png
Views:	173
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	165019  
Thanked by:

Surly 
denver, colorado

I don't want to distract from the thread but I wanted to post a personal observation about my own trading that may help others and hopefully also help me. We are at the top of a clear range in CL today and have been chopping around up by 79 - 79.50 for almost 2 hours. I've also observed that we've stayed above the OR (7:30-8:15 cst) and IB (8:00 - 8:30 CST) for most of the day as well as above the Open and VWAP. So the day seems to be bullish.

Under these circumstances I have a difficult time shorting from the top of the range and I also get sucked into taking a long position looking for the breakout to happen. I often make up reason for why the breakout will happen and generally screw things up as long as I'm thinking in this way. I over-estimate the chance of there being a breakout - why do I do this? I think it is due to "Availability Bias" - this is where you over-estimate the probability of something because the memories you have of that event are more VIVID and emotionally-charged, in other words more available to memory. So you think these rare occurrences (breakouts and trend days) are more common than they are. Breakouts and Trend days are much more rare than Range days and Range behavior - the key is to TRADE in line with this knowledge. I'm working on this.

Availability [AUTOLINK]Bias[/AUTOLINK] on Vimeo

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Surly View Post
I don't want to distract from the thread but I wanted to post a personal observation about my own trading that may help others and hopefully also help me. We are at the top of a clear range in CL today and have been chopping around up by 79 - 79.50 for almost 2 hours. I've also observed that we've stayed above the OR (7:30-8:15 cst) and IB (8:00 - 8:30 CST) for most of the day as well as above the Open and VWAP. So the day seems to be bullish.

Under these circumstances I have a difficult time shorting from the top of the range and I also get sucked into taking a long position looking for the breakout to happen. I often make up reason for why the breakout will happen and generally screw things up as long as I'm thinking in this way. I over-estimate the chance of there being a breakout - why do I do this? I think it is due to "Availability Bias" - this is where you over-estimate the probability of something because the memories you have of that event are more VIVID and emotionally-charged, in other words more available to memory. So you think these rare occurrences (breakouts and trend days) are more common than they are. Breakouts and Trend days are much more rare than Range days and Range behavior - the key is to TRADE in line with this knowledge. I'm working on this.

Availability [AUTOLINK]Bias[/AUTOLINK] on Vimeo

This is not distraction. This is what journal is about. I have interacted with many traders over last 4 years. In my experience traders who improve, move to next level share experiences, ask questions etc. Please never feel that you are distracting.

Thx

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on November 27, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts