NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Webinar: Trading the Chop using Jigsaw Trading Tools

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 20 posts (16 thanks)
    2. looks_two Jigsaw Trading with 2 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Silvester17 with 2 posts (8 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 2 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 5.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 GregB with 3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,615 views
    2. thumb_up 40 thanks given
    3. group 11 followers
    1. forum 34 posts
    2. attach_file 13 attachments

Search this Thread

Webinar: Trading the Chop using Jigsaw Trading Tools

jaeykkae 
Helsinki/Finland

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Continuum
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 342
Thanks Received: 112

Big Mike View Post
What did everyone think of the webinar?

Mike

I think @DionysusToast did good job for explaining how this summertime choppy can be dealt with.

I took couple cosmetic tips how to make my Jigsawtools easier to read. But the more important part how much this will have impact in my trading will take some time and practice. There were some great pointers about how to enter in to the slow markets (when to wait with limit order and when to be more aggressive)

Thanks for the great webinar.

-Jaeykkae

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky
-Michael Scott
-Jaeykkae
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
FalseProphets
Toledo, OH

Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 46

Thanks to everyone involved with the organizing and delivery of the webinar.
Here are some of the lessons from it for new to intermediate traders, in my humble opinion:
1. Unless you are placing a large block order for a passive wealth mgmt. firm, your internal dialogue for a trade should take about 5 seconds once you have done your homework. I have seen great bottom-up fundamental analysis done at institutions with less numbers than what was used for the two trades in the webinar. Peter is extraordinary in this regard but others can't/wont pull it off.
2. Never approach a market with preconceived notions, regardless of the week or month. July continues to deliver huge trend days. Even the day after the July 4th holiday was NOT a range day. See Exhibit A and B, for ES and NQ respectively. For many old school Fib/Gartley traders, it was more like a trend day with a reversal setup before the market open.
3. Understand that orderbook scalping is going out of style, but not without reason. The edge continues to dwindle for obvious reasons like spoofing, rapid cancellations of resting orders when needed the most, faster nonhuman participants, CME data changes etc. Its less and less requested at brokerage houses that provide their own platforms.
4. Do not ascribe more meaning to volume profile, that’s barely past the first 10 minutes of trading, than it deserves.
5. Finally, as a general note, learn market context and market geometry. Just as there are universal laws that govern nature and our lives, there are universal patterns through which a market makes its intentions known to those trained to see. Its called the-often-used but-rarely-understood price action.
- There is a reason that charts of Japanese rice from a century ago do not look much different than a SanDisk chart today. A presence of an arbitrary number of contracts on the T&S window does not constitute price action. There is little universality to this method and therefore difficult to apply elsewhere unless the market is 'thick'. A follow through from a break of support level that is 5 minutes old vs. one that is a month old would be different and predictable. In other words, do not ignore TIME and universality of price action. Peter does this well but I feel that that a naked chart with good SRs would accomplish the same.

I’d like to thank Peter again for his time.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ES_July_7th.png
Views:	300
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	151258   Click image for larger version

Name:	NQ_July_7th_001.png
Views:	291
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	151259  
 GregB 
Auckland, New Zealand

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader, R Trader
Broker: AMP Futures / Rithmic
Trading: FESX, Bund, Bobl
Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 13

Another excellent webinar from Jigsaw Pete.

Always very informative and well presented.

Focus points for me would be the importance of the current market context. Always important to trade with regard to the current volume and volatility of whatever market you are trading.

Greg

Thanked by:

Saroj 
Arcata, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: index futures, oil
Thanks Given: 232
Thanks Received: 415

Silvester17 View Post
for easier viewing (labels) and more accuracy (don't think jt levels always plot correctly), I would strongly recommend @Fat Tails indicators for those levels.

but you'll need to create a custom session template

Do you mean this one by Fat Tails? https://nexusfi.com/local_links_search.php?action=show&sort=&search=levels&literal=1&desc=1&keys=1&pp=40&page=2

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

I used 3 different indicators to accomplish this:

- for yesterday's close, high and low = anaPivotsDailyV42

- for overnight session high, low and regular (rth) open = anaIBRangeBandsV42(MTF)

- for Daily (eth) open = anaCurrentDayOHLV42

there're other indicators that you can use to get the same result. Maybe @Fat Tails can give us his recommendation

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 22, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts