NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TST Combine Journal for Bsinks

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Bsinks with 14 posts (12 thanks)
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 5 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 4 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 iqgod with 3 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Bsinks with 0.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 0.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 6,795 views
    2. thumb_up 28 thanks given
    3. group 11 followers
    1. forum 40 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments

Search this Thread

TST Combine Journal for Bsinks

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

Bsinks View Post
ok blew the account today.....got a little greedy I guess trying to recover from a loosing trade....I'm not going to enter another combine......while the TST platform is great and has a excellent community....I think I will trade the ACD method on my live account......With sim and combine trades I profited over $4,000 using this system, I was well over 80%....so instead of spending another month in the combine I feel that I can spend that time on my live account doing exactly what I have been doing in the combine.......I will never risk more than 5% of my account

I really know how you feel and how disappointed you are because I've been there and done that.
I managed to blow a $150k combine on day 19...and the worst thing was that I killed my pretty good chance to get a rollover as well.
So, I'd suggest to step back from trading for a while and take your time to recover mentally...and after that, I'd bet that you will take another combine just because YOU know that YOU can make it !

BTW, IMHO risking 5% of your account capital on a single trade is too much risk...I'd suggest to exposure no more than 2%, but that's only me.

However, I wish you best of luck on your ongoing journey.

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." - Jim Rohn

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
12 thanks

Bsinks 
Wichita Falls TX/United States

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Soybeans, Crude, Natural Gas
Thanks Given: 37
Thanks Received: 65

Thanks guys.......I had just forgot that even though I had a stop.....the combine will close your trade if you hit the 500$ daily limit automatic ......the trade did end up hitting my target......so I'm not down or even up set.....I know the trade was a winner and I was so sure, that I took it again on my live account and made about a $120.

There will all ways be looser's on any strategy. I'm very confident with the ACD method. Besides it was going to cost me about $400 a month just to trade the instruments that I like to trade.

Once again the TST program is great place to hone your skills and learn......and the community is awesome. Perhaps later on I will enter a custom combine that better fits the way I trade.....but for now I feel that I can add a few thousand to my live account and trade the ACD method successfully.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

Bsinks View Post
Thanks guys.......I had just forgot that even though I had a stop.....the combine will close your trade if you hit the 500$ daily limit automatic ......the trade did end up hitting my target......so I'm not down or even up set.....I know the trade was a winner and I was so sure, that I took it again on my live account and made about a $120.

IMHO TST doesn't close your trade and / or combine if you hit your daily loss limit during a trade, but only if you close your trade and hit your DLL....that sounds strange since I hit my DLL during a trade as well but managed to close it way above my DLL...

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." - Jim Rohn

Bsinks 
Wichita Falls TX/United States

Trading: Soybeans, Crude, Natural Gas
Thanks Given: 37
Thanks Received: 65

no it closed it.......I'm sure

Started this thread Reply With Quote
 mykee 
Johor, Malaysia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: CL, GC
Thanks Given: 1,380
Thanks Received: 187

Daytrader999 View Post
IMHO TST doesn't close your trade and / or combine if you hit your daily loss limit during a trade, but only if you close your trade and hit your DLL....that sounds strange since I hit my DLL during a trade as well but managed to close it way above my DLL...

I believed the same too. Only if you CLOSE that losing position, and take the loss, making you hit your DLL.

Maybe you ought to post on AMA topstep and get an answer. You are so close to the finishing line. Sorry bout that.

mykee

DarkPoolTrading   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,244
Thanks Received: 1,326

mykee View Post
I believed the same too. Only if you CLOSE that losing position, and take the loss, making you hit your DLL.

Maybe you ought to post on AMA topstep and get an answer. You are so close to the finishing line. Sorry bout that.

mykee

It may be platform dependent. For example I know for a fact that if you're using Sierra, the platform will close your position for you if you reach your limit. So if your daily stoploss has been reached but you're still in a trade that hasn't yet reached your stop loss for that trade,...you will be forcefully taken out of the trade. I wouldn't be surprised if Ninja is the same.

Not sure about T4.

Diversification is the only free lunch
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

Bsinks View Post
Still no loosing days...... 3 days left in the combine....$297 away from target

Great going!

All the best!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

Bsinks View Post
Still no loosing days...... 3 days left in the combine....$297 away from target

Great going!

All the best!

EDIT: Hadn't read the latest updates. @Bsinks, the DLL is the only thing you can control, unlike what the market does.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 mykee 
Johor, Malaysia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: CL, GC
Thanks Given: 1,380
Thanks Received: 187

DarkPoolTrading View Post
It may be platform dependent. For example I know for a fact that if you're using Sierra, the platform will close your position for you if you reach your limit. So if your daily stoploss has been reached but you're still in a trade that hasn't yet reached your stop loss for that trade,...you will be forcefully taken out of the trade. I wouldn't be surprised if Ninja is the same.

Not sure about T4.

Ahhh.... You are probably right. I'm using T4.

mykee

Thanked by:

cejstrup 
Denmark

Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 1,183
Thanks Received: 160

With 3 days to go in my latest combine I was unable to reach the winning pct goal,so I decided to just jerk around a bit. I hit my max trailing drawdown during a trade,but it wasn't closed immediately.

I'm also using T4.

On the last 2 days I managed to get it back in the green . The psychological aspect is so important. Just thinking about that winning pct made me hesitate to take trades. When it was no longer a concern I could trade freely.

A bit to go before I can pass one ,but I won't give up

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 29, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts