NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

NinjaTrader 8 Major Enhancements List (NT8)

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 87 posts (176 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 20 posts (68 thanks)
    3. looks_3 SodyTexas with 11 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 xandman with 11 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one sam028 with 6.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 158,478 views
    2. thumb_up 393 thanks given
    3. group 91 followers
    1. forum 348 posts
    2. attach_file 20 attachments

Search this Thread

NinjaTrader 8 Major Enhancements List (NT8)

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

MBScalper View Post
I have just read the NinjaTrader 8 major enhancements document. I see that under ‘Multi-Series Equidistant Bar Spacing’ that the user has the ability to set the granularity for the bar spacing.
Just to make sure that I understand this, I have two questions:

1) If I was to add three periods (same instrument) to the chart 500 Tick, 1500 Tick and 4500 Tick then can I specify the granularity to be 500 Tick Bars? I would like to see the price for each period and the volume for each period on the same chart.

2) Am I correct in thinking that the bar width will be the same for all three periods displayed rather than fatter bars for the 1500 Tick bars and fatter still for the 4500 Tick bars?

MBScalper,

Details still could change, however the current behavior is that each bar would take up a “slot” on the X-Axis. On a single series chart this means you will never have any bars overlap and on multi-series chart only bars that share the exact same time stamp would ever overlap.

Which means that in your example of 500, 1,500, and 4,500 tick bars you would expect to see for each individual series:

1) 500 bar, 500 bar, 500 bar, 500 bar, 500 bar, 500 bar, 500 bar, 500 bar, 500 bar.
2) Gap, Gap, 1500 Bar, Gap, Gap, 1500 Bar, Gap, Gap, 1500 Bar
3) Gap, Gap, Gap, Gap, Gap, Gap, Gap, Gap, 4500 bar.

Let me know if I can explain further how it works but I believe that answers both questions.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
77 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
55 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
37 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
The Program
17 thanks

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: TST/Rithmic
Trading: YM/Gold
Thanks Given: 17,423
Thanks Received: 8,426

NinjaTrader View Post
Details still could change, however the current behavior is that each bar would take up a “slot” on the X-Axis. On a single series chart this means you will never have any bars overlap and on multi-series chart only bars that share the exact same time stamp would ever overlap.

I assume this will also surpass the current limitation of equidistant bar spacing still being turned off in NT7 even when two or more series in a chart have the exact same type and value?

Not sure the bar, gap, gap scheme is going to look all that good mind...

Travel Well
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Site Sponsor

ratfink View Post
I assume this will also surpass the current limitation of equidistant bar spacing still being turned off in NT7 even when two or more series in a chart have the exact same type and value?

Not sure the bar, gap, gap scheme is going to look all that good mind...

Ratfink,

Correct, NinjaTrader 8 will allow you to have equidistant bar spacing enabled for multiple data series (Same or different type / value). We tailored the approach to satisfy the requests we received to be able to do this.

Thanked by:
 MBScalper 
Exeter, UK

Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 2

It's probably too much to build in for NT8 when it seems a lot of other major improvements are being included already but an option to have fat bars for larger tick periods as in my case is actually quite desireable.

I built synthetic higher time frame bars in the past when using Tradestation's easylanguage and displayed these higher time frame bars as thicker bars on the same chart so that I would not have large gaps. It was I suppose a visual preference of mine only however it did look very slick.

My chart was set up for say 500 Tick bars and my indicator drew the 1500 Tick bars covering the space of 3x 500 Tick bars. Of course you had to do this with an indicator in Tradestation because you couldn't natively add multiple Tick periods on the same chart.

NinjaTrader View Post
MBScalper,

Which means that in your example of 500, 1,500, and 4,500 tick bars you would expect to see for each individual series:

1) 500 bar, 500 bar, 500 bar, 500 bar, 500 bar, 500 bar, 500 bar, 500 bar, 500 bar.
2) Gap, Gap, 1500 Bar, Gap, Gap, 1500 Bar, Gap, Gap, 1500 Bar
3) Gap, Gap, Gap, Gap, Gap, Gap, Gap, Gap, 4500 bar.

Let me know if I can explain further how it works but I believe that answers both questions.

Thanked by:

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Broker: TST/Rithmic
Trading: YM/Gold
Thanks Given: 17,423
Thanks Received: 8,426

MBScalper View Post
I built synthetic higher time frame bars in the past when using Tradestation's easylanguage and displayed these higher time frame bars as thicker bars on the same chart so that I would not have large gaps. It was I suppose a visual preference of mine only however it did look very slick.

Agreed, I have used the same approach and I think @Fat Tails has something on here for that as well. Also a secondary 'Box' type series of different value can provide a very basic alternative but far from ideal.

Travel Well
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,103

ratfink View Post
Agreed, I have used the same approach and I think @Fat Tails has something on here for that as well. Also a secondary 'Box' type series of different value can provide a very basic alternative but far from ideal.

Synthetic bars on main panel + indicator values calculated from synthetic bars on second panel:

MBScalper 
Exeter, UK

Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 2

Thank you Ratfink & Fat Tails,

This is exactly the approach I took with Tradestation.

I am brand new to Ninjascript so I have downloaded Fat Tails' Multi-period Candles to see how they were done.

Fat Tails, do you mind sharing your Stochastic X5 indicator with me since this logic will probably be the start of some indicators of my own in this new environment?

Of course.... we are all taking such approaches because platforms do not provide this functionality out of the box. Hopefully over time, NT will satisfy the majority of our needs including this. I for one would want to produce multi-period volume bars for my 500,1500,4500 setup and then VSA type signals on each period displayed on the same chart. I could then scroll left and right at will viewing all timeframes in the chart/window (I have a couple of large monitors in portrait mode for this purpose). If the multi-period Price and volume bars were native in NT (without the time based spacing being mandatory) then a big headache of mine would be gone.

Thank you again

Thanked by:

sands 
London + UK

Platform: Proprietary Analytics
Broker: Multiple broker + Multiple feed
Trading: Currently European and US equities
Thanks Given: 257
Thanks Received: 234

Very interested to test this, particularly the DOM enhancement from my pov. Is the Sept-2014 Beta date confirmed?

OpalDragon 
Des Moines, Iowa

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: 6E, CL, Anything that moves
Thanks Given: 733
Thanks Received: 232

@NinjaTrader
Ray-
Awesome improvements.

One question - Ability to Roll over Drawing objects to new Futures Expiry -- is awesome -- but do they roll over with the tick offset of the new contract or do they rollover to the same price?

Like if I have a horizontal line at 104.13 on CL August and we roll over to this September one ... will the line be at 104.13 or 104.13 ~PLUS~ the new contract offset..?

THANKS,
CHEERS!

Site Sponsor

OpalDragon View Post
@NinjaTrader
Ray-
Awesome improvements.

One question - Ability to Roll over Drawing objects to new Futures Expiry -- is awesome -- but do they roll over with the tick offset of the new contract or do they rollover to the same price?

Like if I have a horizontal line at 104.13 on CL August and we roll over to this September one ... will the line be at 104.13 or 104.13 ~PLUS~ the new contract offset..?

THANKS,
CHEERS!

It will rollover with offsets of the new contract.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on September 10, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts