NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

NinjaTrader Brokerage Services (www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com)

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 122 posts (257 thanks)
    2. looks_two NT Brokerage with 73 posts (154 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 59 posts (116 thanks)
    4. looks_4 torento with 30 posts (33 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one liquidcci with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two NinjaTrader with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 NT Brokerage with 2.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 410,181 views
    2. thumb_up 1,139 thanks given
    3. group 685 followers
    1. forum 903 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

NinjaTrader Brokerage Services (www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com)

LaissezFaire
Oslo + Norway

Thanks Given: 224
Thanks Received: 104

I'm a happy customer using NT8 + Dorman Trading, but, I'm not quite satisfied that the only thing that's available on Dorman's online portal is my daily statement in a PDF format. It seems a bit antiquated to only be able to receive a PDF in hindsight.

Meaning - there's no electronic portal where I can check my account value, current open positions, basic performance statistics, etc.

Is this possible with Phillip Capital?

Someone also said that Phillips have easier to read statements? Would love to see an example of one if someone doesn't mind to post one (just erase your name/account details).

I used to trade with NT + Interactive Brokers and really loved having a 2nd platform/web portal to check my account. IB is not an alternative longer due to high margins.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

ostadler 
Munich, Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Dorman/Rithmic
Trading: NQ, CC, ZN, ZB, ZF
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 5

Hi,

I‘m not sure why you want another portal for your account balance and open positions, this is all displayed via the broker datafeed in NT.
But I agree: Dormans statements are rather confusing to read.
Other than that I am extremely happy with NT brokerage and Dorman.

Best regards,
Oliver

LaissezFaire View Post
I'm a happy customer using NT8 + Dorman Trading, but, I'm not quite satisfied that the only thing that's available on Dorman's online portal is my daily statement in a PDF format. It seems a bit antiquated to only be able to receive a PDF in hindsight.

Meaning - there's no electronic portal where I can check my account value, current open positions, basic performance statistics, etc.

Is this possible with Phillip Capital?

Someone also said that Phillips have easier to read statements? Would love to see an example of one if someone doesn't mind to post one (just erase your name/account details).

I used to trade with NT + Interactive Brokers and really loved having a 2nd platform/web portal to check my account. IB is not an alternative longer due to high margins.

Thanked by:
LaissezFaire
Oslo + Norway

Thanks Given: 224
Thanks Received: 104

ostadler View Post
Hi,

I‘m not sure why you want another portal for your account balance and open positions, this is all displayed via the broker datafeed in NT.

Redundancy/back-up.

Basic performance statistics like daily, monthly and yearly % changes, etc. I think most other brokers offer this in 2020.

Besides, Ninja have clearly stated that the Trade Performance report is designed for a simulated account based tracking and not recommended for actual tracking of your account. So, having to rely on those poor PDFs only and with no possibillity of generating an Excel report even is just a tad too stone-age to me.

That said, I'm other wise very happy with NT and Dorman.

patricia
Berlin Germany

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 100

I have Phillip Capital as my FCM and I'm satisfied. You can log-in to your account and retrieve various PDFs and also reports with statistics. The daily and monthly statement you receive via email is also very helpful. Those email reports come unencrypted but you can ask Phillip Capital that you wish to receive an encrypted email. After they set this up, all further emails with statements you receive from them are encrypted.

Hope this helps.
good luck and all the best!
Patricia

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,234
Thanks Received: 101,655

Some breaking news:

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

learning0101 
Houston, Texas

Platform: NinjaTrader,TOS,Etrade,St
Broker: NT:( tos,etrade,CS
Trading: stocks,options,futures,forex
Frequency: Never
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 3,614
Thanks Received: 222

Hi @NinjaTrader and @NT Brokerage just checking to see if this is the usual for someone interested in using Rithmic Data vs CQG when signing up for a new Brokerage account through you? Planning on using Phillip Capital.
Thanks in advance,

" Please be advised that all Rithmic accounts are currently set to higher intraday margins. (why does it matter your data feed as to margins? my account will be with Ninja Trader Brokerage??)
• Dorman accounts are set to 20% of Initial Margin as listed on our margins sheet below.
• Phillip Capital accounts are on full Exchange Initial Margin as listed on our margins sheet below.
Please be advised that approval to use Rithmic on your account is subject to evaluation and approval by our risk team.(Why?)
Your account should be funded at minimum with the Initial Margin for any products you will be trading.(does that mean as per the PDF I would need $1210.00 in my account to trade the MICRO E-MINI S&P500 futures?) as opposed to your ads saying $400.00 to open account and $50.00 day trade margins?
Click here to view margins.

https://ninjatrader.com/pricing/margins/

Rithmic's Order Routing costs are $0.25 per contract (as opposed to CQG's $0.15 routing fee).
If you use Rithmic your account is subject to a $20 a month API fee.
This fee is reduced by $0.25 per contract traded within the calendar month. If the account trades at least 80 contracts (40 round turns) during the month, the $20 monthly fee will be waived.
Please note
Market internals are not available via Rithmic.
Eurex data is not available for clients clearing through Phillip Capital.
ICE EU data is not available via Rithmic.
Please confirm that you are OK with these charges, as well as the products you intend to trade, and we will review your request. "

NT Brokerage  NT Brokerage is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NT Brokerage
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NT Brokerage Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 249

learning0101 View Post
Hi @NinjaTrader and @NT Brokerage just checking to see if this is the usual for someone interested in using Rithmic Data vs CQG when signing up for a new Brokerage account through you? Planning on using Phillip Capital.
Thanks in advance,

" Please be advised that all Rithmic accounts are currently set to higher intraday margins. (why does it matter your data feed as to margins? my account will be with Ninja Trader Brokerage??)
• Dorman accounts are set to 20% of Initial Margin as listed on our margins sheet below.
• Phillip Capital accounts are on full Exchange Initial Margin as listed on our margins sheet below.
Please be advised that approval to use Rithmic on your account is subject to evaluation and approval by our risk team.(Why?)
Your account should be funded at minimum with the Initial Margin for any products you will be trading.(does that mean as per the PDF I would need $1210.00 in my account to trade the MICRO E-MINI S&P500 futures?) as opposed to your ads saying $400.00 to open account and $50.00 day trade margins?
Click here to view margins.

https://ninjatrader.com/pricing/margins/
"

To answer your question directly, yes, there is a difference in margins and costs when choosing data feeds.

Rithmic and CQG are different trading engines, and are 3rd party providers used by NinjaTrader, each with their own risk management tools. Additionally, we are dependent on our FCM partners (Dorman Trading and Phillip Capital) and the way risk is handled among those parties can somewhat vary. While we make every effort to standardize our offerings to clients, the variances you point out are necessary in order to properly manage risk.

If you would like to speak further about your trading so we can help you choose the best setup for your needs, please PM me and I can coordinate a call.

Risk Disclosure: Futures and forex trading involves significant risk of loss and is not appropriate for everyone.
Thanked by:
 pipandrun 
Cologne, Germany
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,162
Thanks Received: 1,215

NT Brokerage View Post
Phillip Capital inquired with Plaid about your concern and was told Plaid does not sell consumer data. Once a consumer links their account via Plaid with Phillip Capital, Phillip Capital is the only institution able to use their data. "Our End User Privacy Policy is meant to help consumers understand how we at Plaid collect, use, and share end user information in our possession to operate, improve, develop, and protect our services. " They did not directly address the contents of the article you provided.

As an Independent Introducing Broker, we rely on our FCM partners to provide the treasury functionality. At this time, both of our FCMs (Phillip Capital and Dorman Trading) have chosen Plaid for their ACH solution, however, customers can still wire funds or send checks as alternative options.

Why not work with Wise (former Transferwise)? For me as a trader it was the best solution as long as AMP worked with them. Best online currency rate change fees and no fees for transfers. It saved me a lot of money . They are fast and transparent. They have more than 10 millions customers. I am with them for 2 years and never had any problems. Not an option? Would make NT even more attractive compared to AMP.

Waiting, Discipline and Patience Pays!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

NT Brokerage  NT Brokerage is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NT Brokerage
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NT Brokerage Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 249

pipandrun View Post
Why not work with Wise (former Transferwise)? For me as a trader it was the best solution as long as AMP worked with them. Best online currency rate change fees and no fees for transfers. It saved me a lot of money . They are fast and transparent. They have more than 10 millions customers. I am with them for 2 years and never had any problems. Not an option? Would make NT even more attractive compared to AMP.

Hello,

Thanks for the inquiry.

As we have stated previously, we are currently dependent on our FCMs, Phillip Capital and Dorman Trading, for their treasury functions.

That said, we have raised this to our Head of Operations to fully investigate this option and determine if we may be able to offer this as a solution to our traders going forward.

Thanks again for the suggestion and feedback, it is truly appreciated.

Thank you,
NinjaTrader Brokerage

Risk Disclosure: Futures and forex trading involves significant risk of loss and is not appropriate for everyone.
Thanked by:
 pipandrun 
Cologne, Germany
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,162
Thanks Received: 1,215

NT Brokerage View Post
Hello,

Thanks for the inquiry.

As we have stated previously, we are currently dependent on our FCMs, Phillip Capital and Dorman Trading, for their treasury functions.

That said, we have raised this to our Head of Operations to fully investigate this option and determine if we may be able to offer this as a solution to our traders going forward.

Thanks again for the suggestion and feedback, it is truly appreciated.

Thank you,
NinjaTrader Brokerage

The good news is: you can go on working with Dorman and Philip for treasury functions! But working with Wise as a kind of bridge makes it much more easier and cheaper to fund and withdrawl for all traders, who don't have a bank account in the USA. AMP recently has cancelled their cooperation with Wise, because in easy words it would have been too much work for them. A good moment to use this arrogance for other brokers. Thanks!

Waiting, Discipline and Patience Pays!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 8, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts