NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

iqGod's Own Country

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one iqgod with 257 posts (796 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 24 posts (52 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Scalpingtrader with 11 posts (28 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 9 posts (27 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Scalpingtrader with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 54,307 views
    2. thumb_up 1,118 thanks given
    3. group 35 followers
    1. forum 385 posts
    2. attach_file 174 attachments

Search this Thread

iqGod's Own Country

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

I applied for a $30,000 Combine yesterday and tomorrow is my first trading day.

I am a Bob Volman price action scalper. I like to hold winning trades for 8-ticks only and in complement I despise keeping losing trades going for more than ten minutes. Thus I trade with a small stop and a fixed 8-tick target. I am not afraid to be wronged by the market and accept it even if it continues to move my way after stopping me out on the small technical stop. The timing of the trade is the most important.

The reason I am taking the Combine now is because I want to test myself as a trader. I want to focus on improving my discipline and patience, and having zero accountability. I really like the very strict risk management rules of the Combine and I believe it has and will improve my trading. I would like getting funded with a larger account. While in the combine and also when I am funded I trade both TST and my own account.

The Plan

.. is very simple. I have seven setups. All discretionary and all of them revolve around the 20 EMA. I will be keeping tabs on Gold, E-mini, Euro and Crude. I always strive to trade less. This method allows me to take less than six trades per day and two one-lot positions simultaneously, stopping when I reach 3 losers. Usually I never risk more than one position to avoid distraction.

The 20-day combine requires an average of $75 profit per day. However in reality an average day would need to be $150 or greater to keep going smoothly and 11 winning days out of 20 traded days.

I hope you enjoy this journal and I will post everyday.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Any futures traders in Texas looking to give back to tho …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
20 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
17 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
17 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks
Daytrading ES & NQ
9 thanks

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,405

iqgod View Post

I am a Bob Volman price action scalper. I like to hold winning trades for 8-ticks only and in complement I despise keeping losing trades going for more than ten minutes. Thus I trade with a small stop and a fixed 8-tick target. I am not afraid to be wronged by the market and accept it even if it continues to move my way after stopping me out on the small technical stop. The timing of the trade is the most important.

The reason I am taking the Combine now is because I want to test myself as a trader. I want to focus on improving my discipline and patience, and having zero accountability. I really like the very strict risk management rules of the Combine and I believe it has and will improve my trading. I would like getting funded with a larger account. While in the combine and also when I am funded I trade both TST and my own account.

The Plan

.. is very simple. I have seven setups. All discretionary and all of them revolve around the 20 EMA. I will be keeping tabs on Gold, E-mini, Euro and Crude. I always strive to trade less. This method allows me to take less than six trades per day and two one-lot positions simultaneously, stopping when I reach 3 losers. Usually I never risk more than one position to avoid distraction.

The 20-day combine requires an average of $75 profit per day. However in reality an average day would need to be $150 or greater to keep going smoothly and 11 winning days out of 20 traded days.

Good luck and mind your health.....

7 set ups X 4 products means you are scanning 28 different potential set ups simultaneously. That seems like a lot. Did I miss something here....it seems complicated instead of simple....just asking....

And I mean it, good luck on the combine.....

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

iqgod View Post

Good luck for the Combine my friend, I really hope you make it !

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." - Jim Rohn
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,419
Thanks Received: 26,276

PandaWarrior View Post
Good luck and mind your health.....
And I mean it, good luck on the combine.....

Daytrader999 View Post
Good luck for the Combine my friend, I really hope you make it !

I totally agree. I'll be watching with interest, and hoping for your success.

Bob.

Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Winning games right now is less important than overcoming nervousness.

If I look only for measurable success, it may be a one-dimensional existence. It is possible to go through life being so focused on external achievement that you forget to appreciate the wonders of nature, neglect to love those closest to you, and never stop to reflect on your broader life purpose. You need to make a distinction between a compulsion to succeed for the sake of winning, and a desire for success that will enrich your life and those of others.

The value in winning is only as great as the value of the goal reached. Here I simply focus on being a quiet model of one good trade at a time. Uncluttered with words or instructions, a still mind makes for the best performance. I hope to temporarily withhold judgments of success or failure but notice what is. To play best, you must live every second in the present. This is concentration. The moment you really notice things you are not worrying about what will happen next or hitting yourself for the trades you missed. A burst of creativity comes from existing in the moment.

Because scalping stresses on the importance of the physical action (placing a trade), you usually want to rely upon your quick intuitive system, rather than forcing your slower analytical thinking system. But analytical thinking may still be useful - trading involves strategy! You are facing something more challenging than your deficiencies alone: highly skilled opponents!

As @PandaWarrior rightly said, the intuition has to work out complex strategies and the probabilities of different setups reaching target - and right about focus so that I am not likely to make unforced errors. The technique: Get in touch with my inner self on each trade and remain relaxed. But understand the overall odds of a specific situation. If the odds are in favor, afford to play them else stay safe.

If I can notice what is happening without too much judgment I will naturally maintain concentration and seize opportunities. I am confident this time. Living in sunshine instead of the shadows.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Well, a bit of it atleast - and it had almost hit my stop....

Scalpingtrader 
Hanover, Germany
Legendary Amateur Trader

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 3,144
Thanks Received: 5,147

iqgod - thank you!
So many people carry their own personal demons but it takes much more than "living with it" for what you did here.
From that alone I can tell, even though I prior to your writing felt like that, that you are a Person of courage, kindness and outright, HONEST, not staged, friendliness!

That being said, I too will be doing a 30k Combine, beginning next monday.
So let us resolve to striving for excellence, together. No matter how long it takes

As long as we evolve, we enable ourselves to reach our own, self-determined destiny, regardless of personal past or other people's beliefs.

Good Luck my friend.

ST

Underexposed 
Calgary Alberta/Canada

@iqgod - Your story struck a real cord with me. I did not suffer physical abuse...mine was mental abuse from an abusive now-ex wife. The problem with being a man is that often we do not have the support from male friends the way women have. You can imagine my reluctance to discuss the verbal mental abuse I was suffering...I am 6'4" 240lbs and my ex was 5'2" and 140lbs...I could just imagine the chuckles and innuendo that would travel if my secret got out...bad enough what my ex was saying about me.

Anyway, eventually my son graduated from university and was on his own and it was then that I escaped that marriage.

The wounds are still there as I think you would agree. Trust on a personal level is very difficult, I find. I escaped into a poetry website and found support there in the hiding behind an alias...but it helped. Getting close on a personal basis is still difficult for me...one seems to always look for signs that the person is untrustworthy and that gets in the way of a real connection.

I see a lot of support in this website....feed off of that....it does help. Don't worry about me offering advice ...I have no clue what you are doing...hahaha...you dance with the girl you brought to the dance

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Did not hold... exited short at one tick profit instead of 10 ticks.

Here is the index chart (underlying):

Real money trade. TST hasn't sent login details mail yet.

Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

I had selected "Thursday" during TST registration, but it seems the system did not start me on this Thursday.

To avoid the holiday stretch in between which would come right at the start of the combine if I started next week I requested them to start the combine from 4th of September which they did (ends 10th November).

Last Updated on April 29, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts