NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

iqGod's Own Country

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one iqgod with 257 posts (796 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 24 posts (52 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Scalpingtrader with 11 posts (28 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 9 posts (27 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Scalpingtrader with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 54,109 views
    2. thumb_up 1,118 thanks given
    3. group 35 followers
    1. forum 385 posts
    2. attach_file 174 attachments

Search this Thread

iqGod's Own Country

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

This is the first time I have been considering scaling into winners.

Here is how it played out, with the day ending +$138 (+$119 post commissions)

The first winner was closed at 80 and the other at 84.

Also I noted that I closed my sell too early, because countertrrend stuff makes me nervous.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
trademaniac
Mumbai India

Thanks Given: 208
Thanks Received: 22

Good posts iq, but lately i have observed, your journal has completely turned into a collection of emotions & psychology. Its more about you & nothing about the markets at all. The trading journal now looks like a personal diary.

I guess a mutually beneficial journal would be one where we discuss about your insights of markets & your trading (not just the end results). Emphasis should be on the solution not the problem. And you have mostly blamed your psychology for bad trades, but as Brett points out in his blog, problem could also be Fluid Reasoning.

Regards,
TM

Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

trademaniac View Post
Good posts iq, but lately i have observed, your journal has completely turned into a collection of emotions & psychology. Its more about you & nothing about the markets at all. The trading journal now looks like a personal diary.

I guess a mutually beneficial journal would be one where we discuss about your insights of markets & your trading (not just the end results). Emphasis should be on the solution not the problem. And you have mostly blamed your psychology for bad trades, but as Brett points out in his blog, problem could also be Fluid Reasoning.

Regards,

TM

Journal what's important to you....I did much the same.....and as time had gone on, journaling is less and less about market specifics and more about mental and emotional preparations as well as edge development and maintenance.

This is a necessary part of the journey.

Don't let anyone distract you from the pursuit of what's important.

Brett's article is pertinent but take it for what's it worth and nothing more than what it's meant to be....an article detailing what we know to be true.....make decisions based on context and not on rigid rules.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Thanked by:

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

trademaniac View Post

Regards,
TM

PandaWarrior View Post
Journal what's important to you....I did much the same.....and as time had gone on, journaling is less and less about market specifics and more about mental and emotional preparations as well as edge development and maintenance.

This is a necessary part of the journey.

Don't let anyone distract you from the pursuit of what's important.

Brett's article is pertinent but take it for what's it worth and nothing more than what it's meant to be....an article detailing what we know to be true.....make decisions based on context and not on rigid rules.

@PandaWarrior is correct. You journal is meant to document issues that you need to change. If you have your method down, but have issues in your head. Continuing to journal about your method will not help. In the beginning you need to document as much as possible about how and why you are doing what you do as you trade.

Then after a while it is important to step back, assess yourself through your journal. Pick some areas to work on, and get to work. When you do that you start to turn ideas into actions. And that is how you make progress. When you start to focus on those items, you may focus on them more to ensure you are documenting what you need to evaluate.

I have changed the way I journal multiple times. The key is to keep it working for you. That may require you to post, or record different things at different times.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

This is one of the trades that I learnt early in my trading career and it still gives fantastic results if you are careful about the location.

The real problem with this method is that the stops are huge i.e. they reside beyond the pinbar extreme, which is quite a hefty stop.

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Bob Volman's classic Block Break:

The exact moment of the break cannot really be always timed, but the stops can always be set tight.

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Remember the basic principles:

A diagonal pullback in a freshly started trend, a bar that breaks above the last bar of this string of pullback bars near the EMA and viola you should be in!

Sadly I chickened out on this long a tad early, but apply the principles and you have the 10-tick target easily within reach.

Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Observe how the sellers got squeezed slowly and steadily setting up this long for any observant scalper:

Again, I've covered way too early!

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

The trade premise is easy: Wait for the pullback to reach the EMA. If it is not a smooth diagonal pullback then do not take the First Break. Wait for price to breakout the second time and get in at that break.

This is the same as the H2 setup of Al Brooks.

I was in early, the really correct place to enter it is just as the huge bar started to break the earlier tiny bull bar in the EMA.

Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

A couple of range breaks. Easy to trade if patience is applied. Add patience to the mix and many trading strategies become viable and even profitable.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 29, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts