NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

iqGod's Own Country

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one iqgod with 257 posts (796 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 24 posts (52 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Scalpingtrader with 11 posts (28 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 9 posts (27 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Scalpingtrader with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 54,109 views
    2. thumb_up 1,118 thanks given
    3. group 35 followers
    1. forum 385 posts
    2. attach_file 174 attachments

Search this Thread

iqGod's Own Country

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

bobwest View Post
I agree with @TurismoTek, and I'm sure your journal will continue to be honest and forthright and valuable. I read every single post, and have since the beginning.

Take care, and keep going. Your work is very helpful and highly appreciated. And I'm sure you will get to your goals.

Bob.

I am honored. Thank you for your patience. I keep on going because of the enthusiasm shown by readers like you!

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Is this a trading song or am I losing my mind

Rem - Imitation Of Life

Like a koi in a frozen pond
Like a goldfish in a bowl
I don't want to hear you cry

Thats sugarcane that tasted good.
Thats cinnamon thats hollywood
C'mon c'mon no one can see you try

You want the greatest thing
The greatest thing since bread came sliced.
You've got it all, you've got it sized.
Like a friday fashion show teenager
Freezing in the corner
Trying to look like you don't try

Thats sugarcane that tasted good.
Thats cinnamon thats hollywood
C'mon c'mon no one can see you try

No one can see you cry

Thats sugarcane that tasted good
Thats freezing rain thats what you could
C'mon c'mon no one can see you cry

This sugarcane
This lemonade
This hurricane, I'm not afraid.
C'mon c'mon no one can see me cry
This lightning storm
This tidal wave
This avalanche, I'm not afraid.
C'mon c'mon no one can see me cry

Thats who you are, thats what you could

Thats who you are, thats what you could

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!
Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

This long was an easy one though the wait (pun intended) was long. It is my belief that those traders who do things correctly should be able to make slightly "easy" money in a bull run like this. Follow the trend.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Just had a thought how trading is about outsmarting the smart people. You do not trade patterns, you trade the hopes and fears of those trying to make money.

It is also the perfect meritocracy that could ever be created.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Rather than elaborate more, let me illustrate how a diet app called Rise manages the job of successfully making users cut down on calories. Let's get descriptive and say it from the eyes of an end-user:

How Rise Works

Once I did get signed up for Rise, the first thing that struck me was how easy it was to use. There are no large catalogues of various fast foods or meal options to search through, as you might find with some diet apps. There’s no guessing how big a portion size is, or manually entering foods and trying to guess how many calories there were.

Rise, by contrast, is simple: You take a photo of each meal and write a pretty basic description of what you ate. That’s it.
Later, a personalized diet coach takes a peek and tells you what she thinks of your meal — i.e. what you did well and what you could do better next time. Over time, you start to take these little diet lessons to heart, which leads you to eat better eventually, oftentimes without even thinking about it.

My diet changed dramatically over the course of the first several weeks. First came the obvious tweaks: Have a light breakfast every morning, usually no-fat Greek yogurt and fruit or berries. Substitute salad for fries when possible. Hell, try to have a salad with every meal. Don’t eat heavy starches, bread, or non-whole grains.

Then there were other habits that were less obvious but got picked up over time. Instead of eating chips or other snacks we had around the office or at home, I started to stock up on fruits or nuts to munch on. I was never a big soda drinker, but I began to drink water and black coffee almost exclusively during the day.

Changes started to be reflected in the restaurants I chose to go to, the meals I cooked for myself, and even how I chose to eat or what I ordered when I was at an event or dinner with a limited menu. Forever a plate finisher, I also began to leave portions of my meals behind or saved them for later.

Part of the change was just pure education and causing me to re-think how I ate, but part of it also came from the accountability of knowing that I’d have to share each meal with my diet coach.

If this does not convince you to journal on @Big Mike.... cutting arguments short, the key is to:

1. Place a observation frame of reference. (Examples include video taping your trades, taking snaps of your face, jotting down ideas, taking notes in real time.)

2. Review the observation - usually you find that the reality is different from your ideological planning, execution is different from analysis.

3. Identify what would yield an edge. Implement one change at a time, all the while keeping the frame of observation active.

4. Keep doing the correct thing even if you find it boring, yielding no results, or even when you are scared that it will never work.

Try these four steps and I guarantee that your trading will turn around.

Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

After that pure-volatility day in the middle of October, when I returned to the combine after a long time I noticed that the Trade report was completely out of synch with the account balance.

TST was nice about it and cross-checked and found there were some major issues after the pure volatility day when I had traded when there was a platform glitch, and were unable to reconcile the report balance and the platform balance and hence closed that combine.

Will post more updates later.

Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

iqgod View Post
After that pure-volatility day in the middle of October, when I returned to the combine after a long time I noticed that the Trade report was completely out of synch with the account balance.

TST was nice about it and cross-checked and found there were some major issues after the pure volatility day when I had traded when there was a platform glitch, and were unable to reconcile the report balance and the platform balance and hence closed that combine.

Will post more updates later.

Ugh... Never happened with me... ugh... Sorry man, Dont give up! New paper new day, new combine, Let assume that this is your live trader preparation phase!!!

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Only when I read my older combine journals do I realize how far I've come. I would never trade again like I traded some of those initial combines (this was October last year).

Gratitude to TST and @Big Mike for supporting an environment of completely honest journalling.

I have summarized the milestones above for myself as they "mean" to me.

Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Earlier combines would see me facing failure after failure after failure.

However the light at the end of the tunnel took all this time - if it had been real money my education would have dug me into so deep a hole and TST saved me a ton of money.

Quoting @rubyslippage:

The 5 Fundamental Truths of Trading:

1. Anything can happen.

2. You don’t need to know what is going to happen next to make money.

3. There is a random distribution between wins and losses for any given set of
variables that define an edge.

4. An edge is nothing more than an indication of a higher probability of one thing
happening over another.

5. Every moment in the market is unique.

The 7 Principles of Consistency:

1. I objectively identify my edges.

2. I predefine the risk of every trade.

3. I completely accept the risk or I am willing to let go of the trade.

4. I act on my edges without reservation or hesitation.

5. I pay myself as the market makes money available to me.

6. I continually monitor my susceptibility for making errors.

7. I understand the absolute necessity of these principles of consistent success
and, therefore, I never violate them.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Day 1 ends with a loss of 74 cents after 7 trades.

Reminders:

- I love taking small losers.

- I get paid for doing hard things.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 29, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts