NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

iqGod's Own Country

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one iqgod with 257 posts (796 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 24 posts (52 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Scalpingtrader with 11 posts (28 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 9 posts (27 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Scalpingtrader with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 54,376 views
    2. thumb_up 1,118 thanks given
    3. group 35 followers
    1. forum 385 posts
    2. attach_file 174 attachments

Search this Thread

iqGod's Own Country

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

Pre-one-week vacation I took this trade I am happy with:

I love diary style journals. I've been reading Raghee Horner for some time. Fascinated by her because of:

1. Her Indian origins
2. Her looks (byased on a certain undated photo)
3. That she has been trading for so long that she used to get stock quotes by postal mail and update charts by hand.

She writes and talks sense. She has some business of selling a system or a training course.

I listen to Rob Booker and Raghee Horner here, they are funny and silly, but do not fool around when they stress the core concepts necessary for successful trading:

The Trader?s Podcast

For me she was important because she was proof that it can be done in pyjamas.

I will not be trading today, mainly because I am attempting an Indian version of this:

The Engineer Who Bought Over 12,100 Cups Of Pudding to Earn 1.25 Million Air Miles

Further details currently a secret, will let you know when I accomplish it.

Perhaps I can make an indie film about it, something like "Punch Drunk Love". (Let me know if you've watched it, or if I am referring to something too out-of-way.)

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
26 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Pudding Guy/Dateline UC Davis/02-04-00

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

How do you when to stop trading?

I know this isn't a manual and there is no one answer, but I use the following guidelines for myself:

The relationship between the size of the trade and one’s rationality is only linear to a point. If you feel you've passed that point a long time ago, S T O P.

If you are only watching the PnL display and ignoring the market context, or if you are focused on candles instead of the picture and find it impossible to step back and clear your head (i.e. impossible to stop watching) S T O P

If you feel you are in a kind of hypnosis, trance or muddle S T O P

If you feel there is too much on the line, your life is wasted if this trade doesn't work out S T O P.

I have stops but I move them. Yet the stops get hit. The market is relaying critical information to you. You are the victim here. Victims don't trade, only traders do. S T O P.

If you catch yourself adding more funds to your account during the session, S T O P.

If you come to the battle with battle lines drawn but later change to using wider stops, S T O P.

If you feel hopelessly pinned, see that the trend is against you all day and yet are fighting back S T O P. I know it will be hard at this point, but it will be even harder later on.

If you have you battle lines drawn and yet you look for more or think 'let it run' S T O P.

If you are thinking about mean reversion after a big move and are thinking about entering without a setup because the next move is so damn obvious S T O P.

I cannot stress the importance of S T O P.

Note: By STOP I mean only one thing: get flat, walk away.

But you say: I can’t leave the charts! Something might happen. Anything. I must be here.

If you have figured out the market, you think this trade is so simple to execute that it doesn't add up that anybody could actually be on the other side of the trade... no don't stop but change into Other-Side-Shoes and Think-from-The-Other-Side.

Think of all the losing days you've had and where your account would be if they were much much smaller. I have actually sat and analysed this. S T O P is also a trade. You trade in your ego for the profit of unbending commitment and for staying in this for the long haul.

Note:

I'd be flattered if you click the link below and hit the thanks button on the post TODAY :-) :

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

I haven't traded my combine account for many days.

That is, after I experienced a huge loss in ES a few weeks back.

At this point I am feeling rather bland - I keep gathering stuff, analyzing, posting thoughts..... but am not trying to trade the combine (and the twist is that I still am trading real money... I recognize this as the need to make back the same in the same currency that I lost.. i.e. real money and not combine dollars.)

This 'wanting to be made whole again' is just a viewpoint, a postion, a point of view. Up and down have no meaning for a reasonable trading plan. How can I get back in touch with reality instead of going on being a paper combine-trader?

The fear here is screwing up parameters of the combine. Real account is steadily going up, in small increments compared to the big loss.

Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Let me fly away to the moon or take a 10-tick loss.

Being risk-averse does not allow me to utilize opportunities. I'm firing up my combine engine to fly away to the moon (in small 10-tick rockets which can at most fall 10-ticks or less downwards.)

No more brooding.

I am back!

Thanked by:

kronie 
NYC + NY / USA

Platform: "I trade, therefore, I AM!"; Theme Song: "Atomic Dog!"
Trading: EMD, 6J, ZB

Outstanding thread, and good premise (first statement, page 1)

I have you on subscribe, and will watch its development and comment from time to time,

thanks for your contributions to futures.io (formerly BMT)

TurismoTek
London/UK

Thanks Given: 228
Thanks Received: 122

iqgod,

I really hope you continue this journal beyond October, I mean I know you might be discouraged from just falling short at the last hurdle in the popularity contest, but you should be proud that you worked hard and helped a lot of people... Success will come.

Peace bro

Turismo

Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

TurismoTek View Post
iqgod,

I really hope you continue this journal beyond October, I mean I know you might be discouraged from just falling short at the last hurdle in the popularity contest, but you should be proud that you worked hard and helped a lot of people... Success will come.

Peace bro

Turismo

Thank you, and yes, the journal will continue as it always has done.

As I've already reiterated, the education is in the participation more than in the winning.

As I also said:

I have taken it within my stride like a trade which almost reaches your target, comes short by one tick and reverses, only to hit your full stop later on. Handling the feeling of "not winning" is at the very crux of being a successful trader - the very core of the holy grail, wherein no loss or no lost opportunity causes feelings strong enough to destabilize the correct mindset needed for consistent trading.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,424
Thanks Received: 26,276

TurismoTek View Post
iqgod,

Peace bro

Turismo

iqgod View Post
Thank you, and yes, the journal will continue as it always has done.

As I've already reiterated, the education is in the participation more than in the winning.

As I also said:

I have taken it within my stride like a trade which almost reaches your target, comes short by one tick and reverses, only to hit your full stop later on. Handling the feeling of "not winning" is at the very crux of being a successful trader - the very core of the holy grail, wherein no loss or no lost opportunity causes feelings strong enough to destabilize the correct mindset needed for consistent trading.

I agree with @TurismoTek, and I'm sure your journal will continue to be honest and forthright and valuable. I read every single post, and have since the beginning.

Take care, and keep going. Your work is very helpful and highly appreciated. And I'm sure you will get to your goals.

Bob.

Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

A 1 lot $100 trade in combine, let's just say, after a very long time:

Last Updated on April 29, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts