NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

iqGod's Own Country

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one iqgod with 257 posts (796 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 24 posts (52 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Scalpingtrader with 11 posts (28 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 9 posts (27 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Scalpingtrader with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 54,460 views
    2. thumb_up 1,118 thanks given
    3. group 35 followers
    1. forum 385 posts
    2. attach_file 174 attachments

Search this Thread

iqGod's Own Country

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

I was too scared to enter into the Range Break long above the box, even though that pinbar was screaming get long. However the first pullback allowed me to get in and simply hold the trade for a relatively giant number of pips since there was only vacuum above those prices.

This trade illustrates that you do not need to chase price if you miss a trade but simply continue being patient.

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

This range was easy to trade if you keep in mind the trend equal trend phenomenon.

Price was in a markedly bearish trend and once you had your box it was highl probable that the bear would resume once price dipped below that range:

Note that I exited to early leaving half the profits on the table.

On the other hand if there is impatience it may cause lot of stress and worry as price whipsaws around and you are in early, as in this trade! Also that is the reason for my hurried early exit instead of allowing it to reach target.

These two trades also illustrate the two issues where I keep vigil: impatience-based early entries and fear-based early entries. Both are fear's different forms (even greed is a form of fear). Courage and patience are more important than setups.

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Here are some trades that I missed because even though the market was screaming 'short' I was thinking about 'countertrend - no!' and hence missed a giant opportunity. The stop would have been small and easily placeable too!

I, however, do not regret it post-facto. To everything just say 'yes' - peace of mind is also your trading capital.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

An early entry is sometimes acceptable, as in here but still it wasn't in tune with my method:

It is not the early entry here that is the problem, it is deviation from strategy that is the problem. Do it once and you will be doing it all over the place and end up hating yourself everytime it backfires.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

These early entries are kind of hard to explain, but never hesitated taking them.

I keep reminding myself that the underlying emotions of the trader cause these - sometimes it is wanting to be whole again after a losing trade and sometimes it is wanting to be right on direction:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

In this trade I hesitated on the first Second Break but a second Second Break came along very soon and nothing of significance was lost:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

There are always trades I should swing instead of scalping, so I do them in different accounts to keep my head clear.

However I tend to cover the swing trades when I cover the scalps negating such probable highly profitable trades.

If you see the previous post, it is the same day and had I held on to this first short below instead of rushing to cover it I would have done better:

Also 'you never know what will happen, so cover!' takes over and has to be fought everyday.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

If there is one thing that needs to be kept in the forefront of consciousness it is this: since this is a game of trapping and trampling, it is wise to avoid these obvious tease breaks to which we can succumb due to fear of missing out as happened here:

The net outcome may be positive, but mental capital truly gets exhausted in such cases.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Here we have an excellent range formation, but the silliness of my exit is obvious - I essentially succumbed because I entered early and then those mental reserves got depleted.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Since someone asked, and since it is my belief that even if this journal helps one person it would truly serve its purpose I have freely shared the method (its not my method, but remember that every method has to be made 'my' by the trader)

So here is a summary guide to understanding method, while remembering that after the essentials are grasped the inner battle still is there to be conquered:

Pinbars:

Block Breaks:

First Break:

Second Break:

Range Break:

Tease Breaks, Traps:

The Inside Range Breaks and Advanced Range Breaks I will reserve for the future because they are more demanding by their very nature.

Last Updated on April 29, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts