NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

iqGod's Own Country

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one iqgod with 257 posts (796 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 24 posts (52 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Scalpingtrader with 11 posts (28 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 9 posts (27 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Scalpingtrader with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 54,109 views
    2. thumb_up 1,118 thanks given
    3. group 35 followers
    1. forum 385 posts
    2. attach_file 174 attachments

Search this Thread

iqGod's Own Country

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Day 6 ends and the account now stands down by -$141 at $30,246.

What happened?

This was the report I was about to post a few hours ago and call it a day (image was titled "Day 6 Ends.jpg") and report was +$93:

However the real report is -$140 which is this - will go into the story as impartially as possible:

I will reserve a post for this because it is important, and also all analysis is still not complete. However for now notice the clustering of losing trades - it signifies tilt.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

The account is up again at +$30,337.

Courage and conviction are solid friends to put faith in instead of hope and prayer. I was lacking conviction today after going on tilt on Day 6, however I had a bit of it which was enough to get me small winners after all. Good trading is like cycling, you never forget the basic elements if you have enough practice.

The first trade after a losing day was taken in the Asian session, so I took profit at the first MAE - it was a good trade actually but with the slow movement it would have taken three hours to reach my target which results in a lot of depletion.

The second trade was premature and the third was better but was characterized by a similar quick exit even though the IRB range was of excellent quality (though held better in this case). So again, a lack of courage while holding to target made me exit at 2 ticks (for a trade where 6 ticks minimum were plausible).

The third trade was an IRB too, but I was trying to wrap up the day and had closed the platform when the entry hit (after two false breakouts), so lost thee ticks of the move fiddling with platform startup - caught the last and final two ticks of the move after which the market tanked.

Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,343
Thanks Received: 26,267

iqgod View Post

Courage and conviction are solid friends to put faith in instead of hope and prayer. I was lacking conviction today after going on tilt on Day 6, however I had a bit of it which was enough to get me small winners after all. Good trading is like cycling, you never forget the basic elements if you have enough practice.

The first trade after a losing day was taken in the Asian session, so I took profit at the first MAE - it was a good trade actually but with the slow movement it would have taken three hours to reach my target which results in a lot of depletion.

The second trade was premature and the third was better but was characterized by a similar quick exit even though the IRB range was of excellent quality (though held better in this case). So again, a lack of courage while holding to target made me exit at 2 ticks (for a trade where 6 ticks minimum were plausible).

The third trade was an IRB too, but I was trying to wrap up the day and had closed the platform when the entry hit (after two false breakouts), so lost thee ticks of the move fiddling with platform startup - caught the last and final two ticks of the move after which the market tanked.

Some of your images are not showing (#1, 2, 4 & 5). I have seen this lately -- when it happened to me I could see them, but no one else could, so I didn't know anything was wrong.... Reloading them worked for me.

Thanks for the trades and the commentary.

Bob.

Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

iqgod View Post

bobwest View Post
Some of your images are not showing (#1, 2, 4 & 5). I have seen this lately -- when it happened to me I could see them, but no one else could, so I didn't know anything was wrong.... Reloading them worked for me.

Thanks for the trades and the commentary.

Bob.

Images issue fixed.

Sorry about that slip!

Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

A surge of the 'me' thing
leads to unmindfulness,
buying instead of selling
Trying to outsmart the Marketess,
Trying to predict the fling
Instead of dancing to her steps!
Instead of predicting
Why not let probability do the thinking?

A one tick day where I had an excellent quality Inside Range Break short setup, but what did I do... I did not take it and then I 'saw' them (!) fooling me into taking that short and said "Aha! They are luring me into this short and will soon move the price higher!" Thus I fell prey to amateur thinking but then slapped myself back to my senses and looked for a technical exit, which did come as it usually does after such an IRB and which thankfully made it a one tick winner. The negative was that after I regained mindfulness I moved my stop to a better technical level where it was more likely to be respected (it was.)

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

The hidden motivations that draw us to trading always should be broght into light.... in the light they lose their power, and your trading becomes simply the execution of a carefully crafted business plan instead of solving of mysteries or proving your worth.

I hope to be more mindful in the coming days instead of wasting bullets like this.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

iqgod View Post

I visit this place every time I start a combine or open a trading account. It is a feeling as if being rich and
having plentiful abundance is not my destiny. Every time I succeed I become a rebel. A part of me
screams: “This isn’t me! This is me who can reach profit targets so easily, like stealing candy from a
baby! I don’t deserve this!” This gnaws into my bones and actually causes me physical pain. And
suddenly I want out – a one tick profit and I am done for the day… destroy, destroy this chance to win a
funded account, a new life. It is a path of sabotage. As if going home again to the place of sorrow and
abuse, comfortable to be the same old me.

Today, I take responsibility. To make choices that address my need for loving me. All my trading is
directed to this goal. There is no will-power tactic to make it happen. The action is created in the same
truth that I have been created in. By being a bramhachari, I can channel my energies to attain business
success! How? I will stay focused on fulfilling my dreams! I will be and am now - desperate, focused,
passionate – because of which I am calm! It is just happening…. It is giving me peace, balance, discipline
and I am taking my life back from talons of hateful addictions and automatic self-christened labels.
But… My healing process will never be completed, my struggles will continue, lest I lower my guard,
overconfident or just plain lazy.

My actions keep / will keep setting me free….

Join me on my journey as I gain my freedom, a freedom that I have chosen, shaped and take
responsibility for. I am getting real NOW. I do not deny that I have addictions. I am a full-blooded human
being who has joys, hurts, is given opportunities, have the dark potential to mess them, AND the
blessings of my abilities to shape them into accomplishments.

If I pay for a combine, and not go anywhere, I am accountable. Either I can choose to stay miserable by
not following my plan and being wimp and trading impulsively or I could start winning by facing my
opportunity and risk in full acceptance of the outcome. My past does not remove the burden of
responsibility from my shoulders. I have the complete degrees of freedom to respond to situations – this
freedom is placed into my own hands my myself by TAKING RESPONSIBILITY. My inner character is my
own sculpture, my own creation. Once I identify what it is that is influencing my decisions, if it is wrong I
remove it from my future decisions and thus place myself in a position of advantage. From my love of
myself and others comes courage, faith, patience, and the sum total that is the power to trade well.

This journal is my accountability partner, my support group, my place to receive tough love, honest
feedback where I will share my reality consistently and nourish myself enough to live my dream and
cause growth to build me and those around me.

Finally, I ask for forgiveness because though I keep trying trying trying the actions do not walk the talk
and hence one additional thing is that I will be brave and not hide from my monsters anymore, and won’t
pretend everything is Okay if I rollover a combine or achieve piddling success at the end of the year. This
is my self-driving motivation to act without fear and my force for change.

So I have built upon a ruin and have become more real to myself and to you. Honesty is contagious. My
journey isn’t over yet!

Here is to a life of a trader!

Quoting the above as a Reminder to myself: love yourself, show that courage which is innate in you, be humble and step over those one tick days without hating yourself for not being higher up on the equity curve, be in the now where all creation is possible and where all destruction can be actively resisted!

More power to me, while I subjugate the 'me' and then when there is no longer an 'I' then act in the natural state with innocent confidence and simple faith.

Last Updated on April 29, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts