NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Need somewhere to post my thoughts,

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Turveyd with 217 posts (33 thanks)
    2. looks_two aquarian1 with 6 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tturner86 with 3 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 3 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tturner86 with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two aquarian1 with 0.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Turveyd with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 23,457 views
    2. thumb_up 41 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 235 posts
    2. attach_file 18 attachments

Search this Thread

Need somewhere to post my thoughts,

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 64

+26 on the week, I guess I should be happy but the -24 kinda bites me still, stupid trade after watching loads of profitable trades all day and being too lazy.

Get better, method minor tweaks to open up more trades, then start hammering it!!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
72 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
55 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
27 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
The Program
16 thanks
Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Reviewing trades, need to reduce SL risk, accepting more losses as a down side, most of my trades are damn good entry wise winning trades barely see any negative.

Should be able to increase lot size by 50% then more profits

At the moment is very 3 steps up, 2steps back, can't stop losers but aim for 3 up only 1 down.

This is DAX, YM is tricky spread cost and all, but range is better, not 4xs better but 50% which covers the extra spread and still gives a few extra pips! some nice moves to.

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

BORED, busy tomorrow though Tuesday got till 3ish GMT, but better get some testing in I guess

YM I think today, from US Pre open so 1:30pm gmt ownward till 9pm

3rd July, awake tested 0.1% ranges before uptrend, serversal entrys with the uptrend which netted serious pips. Top was put in at 5:30pm.

2nd NOISE

1st, news creates up spike, then uptrend from that, nice trend strength, top put in 6:30 also 17000 more likely key

Okay aware the trend bit works, it's where it turns which costs me, how to better see / handle that when against.

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

1st is obviously a trend change, enough chop to get me out either way.

3rd pretends to be a buy point, but blows through to SL, no soft exit available there but in a good base, which I find hard to spot live still especially this way up oddly.

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

I see no reason, why I can't make enough pips between DAX and YM and a little bit of GA, just need brain to reengage so might be tricky.

Flu 14th day, still wiping me out, HR and blood pressure are through the roof body is still fighting it and not doing so well, could be weeks before I'm 100%

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Well health is improving, heart rate is only 15 higher at rest than normal, better than 30 of last night getting there finally!!

I was trying to trade today, but total lack of confidence back to worrying about what if it loses rather than what if it profits, methods puts odds on profit so need to knock that on the head.

New ranges being optomized :-

YM / US30 a 100ema 0.125% envelope fits around todays weak action perfectly, look for a pause or S/R near the envelope and reversal likely, easy as.

Same on the DAX, but the DAX's 0.125% works at times, then at others my previous 0.25% works.

More sleep, work tomorrow rest of the week trading hopefully!

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Damn shame I call called out was supposed to have till 3pm area but alas, damn good day.

I see no end of money making setups today yesterday pretty much ZERO at all.

Tomorrow till 3pm area, then Maybe Friday, need PIPS and progress or this is going to rapidly go pear shaped more time I take away from trading the harder it becomes to take trades for me

And SHATTERED so no real motivation to jump on US30 short at this moment, although it is tempting, top of +0.1% range and good odds ( 4 spread is off putting though )

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Didn't take, but if I had, I'd of hit SL in no time LOL

Need to get back to going with the flow, rather than picks tops and bottoms trader!!

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Getting my head back around it, it's starting to talk to me again ( not really ofcourse ) and tell me where it's going.

Thinking clearer, realising some issues bla bla bla.

My tighter SL, increased lot size was on error I fear, too much pressure to be RIGHT, I thinking with my new range anylsis looser SL and reduced SL size and 2nd position @-10pips area might work better.

YM need SL 25 - 30pips, so 2nd position approx 15 - 20, so 40 - 50pips in total...

DAX need SL 15 - 20pips, so 2nd Position Approx 8-13, so 23 - 33 in total.

DAX I'm happy to leave as is, not much more, but YM / US30 better trade that at 50% or 60% position size tops.

Does move more, so trades should balance to the same approx value.

Reduce stress, increase hold time, increase trades made, increase profit! simples!!

Still ILL so, SLEEP MORE is the order of the day currently still!!

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Got 2 ranges going on, 1 based on 100ema, the other 26sma, found the 26's range to be too tight to trade and got too many lines on chart blinding me so new settings...

26sma + Envelope 26sma 0.07% and 0.14% settings
100ema + Env's 0.12% and 0.25%

Cleaner, looser, less stressful, less trying to being uber accurate.

MUST TRADE TOMORROW

Last Updated on July 28, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts