NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Need somewhere to post my thoughts,

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Turveyd with 217 posts (33 thanks)
    2. looks_two aquarian1 with 6 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tturner86 with 3 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 3 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tturner86 with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two aquarian1 with 0.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Turveyd with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 23,307 views
    2. thumb_up 41 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 235 posts
    2. attach_file 18 attachments

Search this Thread

Need somewhere to post my thoughts,

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 64

Still too ill to care, have started watching to get back into again though, hopefully over the worst of it.

Nice downtrend on dax at the moment, 50pips of it's 1 entry, okay I'd never hold for all that.

Typing is too much hard work going dizzy LOL awesome!!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

If I was smart enough to be playing Trend side, not chop side I'd of made some proper pips today.

Hopefully fully operational for next week, sounding like main client is about to dump me, to many school runs, too much politics for me, time for CHANGE baby.

Stuffed face with good food, hoping it'll build me up can't take this much more

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

I keep spotting good trades, have a coughing fit, collapse then ohh that worked

At least I ve had enough screen time to call them again

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Role on next week time to trade, no 7am starts knackering me out and hopefully my Flu gone enough

I shoulda made a lot of money today, if not for just too ill to care, DAX is on fire again.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

@Turveyd,

After glancing at your journal it seems to me you have a large number of trading issues.

I would strongly encourage you to make this journal work for you, by going back and reading every post this weekend or etc, and making a short list of five or six items that are your biggest strengths and weaknesses.

It is important to routinely review your journal so that patterns in your behavior can be identified and corrected. Also you will likely find your journal does not contain enough useful information to really answer crucial questions to improve your performance. I encourage you to look through some of the other more popular journals on futures.io (formerly BMT) for ideas on what type of information your post should contain, to help you improve.

Once you identify your top strengths and weaknesses, it is crucial to then make a plan to address your weaknesses while also embracing your strengths. Don't focus on more than two at any given time. Pick two crucial items, and then work on them and them alone for two weeks. Change nothing. Journal your progress daily, not about PnL but instead grade yourself on these areas (like A,B,C,F etc) that you picked. Keep working on these two items until you consistently receive grade 'A's and then move on to two other items on your list. Not before.

I would hold off on your TST combine idea until you can prove to yourself in the form of trade statistics and historical journals that you've passed your own internal combine using the same rules that TST has.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Big Mike View Post
@Turveyd,

After glancing at your journal it seems to me you have a large number of trading issues.

I would strongly encourage you to make this journal work for you, by going back and reading every post this weekend or etc, and making a short list of five or six items that are your biggest strengths and weaknesses.

It is important to routinely review your journal so that patterns in your behavior can be identified and corrected. Also you will likely find your journal does not contain enough useful information to really answer crucial questions to improve your performance. I encourage you to look through some of the other more popular journals on futures.io (formerly BMT) for ideas on what type of information your post should contain, to help you improve.

Once you identify your top strengths and weaknesses, it is crucial to then make a plan to address your weaknesses while also embracing your strengths. Don't focus on more than two at any given time. Pick two crucial items, and then work on them and them alone for two weeks. Change nothing. Journal your progress daily, not about PnL but instead grade yourself on these areas (like A,B,C,F etc) that you picked. Keep working on these two items until you consistently receive grade 'A's and then move on to two other items on your list. Not before.

I would hold off on your TST combine idea until you can prove to yourself in the form of trade statistics and historical journals that you've passed your own internal combine using the same rules that TST has.

Mike

Thanks for the input, but.....

Don't think I'm that bad, account is top of a 3month range after a 200% gain trading GBPAUD back when it's range was huge

Methods been tweaked for slower markets and more consistent.

Not on school runs often over UK and US open will help also

Want another 200% gain before I dip into account funds.

P.s. I'm not as mad as I sound just like to think out loud while trying to solve issues, been at this for 9years on and very off, about 12months pretty solid.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Turveyd View Post
Thanks for the input, but.....

Don't think I'm that bad, account is top of a 3month range after a 200% gain trading GBPAUD back when it's range was huge

Methods been tweaked for slower markets and more consistent.

Not on school runs often over UK and US open will help also

Want another 200% gain before I dip into account funds.

P.s. I'm not as mad as I sound just like to think out loud while trying to solve issues, been at this for 9years on and very off, about 12months pretty solid.

Trading isn't about profit.

It's about risk.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Big Mike View Post
Trading isn't about profit.

It's about risk.

Mike

Risks have to be taken, average loss is 2.5% area! yes I let 1 run away max risk 11% but there getting rarer! I've had +15% trades so balances out nicely.

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

1 trade this week, 4 pips, to be fair I've been dead on my feet, asleep, or atleast lying there wishing I could sleep.

More sleep needed still, be operational for Monday most likely

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

To keep confidence up and spotting live trade kinda would I of made $$'s today on DAX!!

Kinda slow, I'd of risked a long at the double bottom for +15 area, I called a downtrend I can see went I'd of gotten +12 went +18 so +12, support 9800 worth +6 then + 10 so yes easy based on that.

Looking at it another way, how many moves moved outside my ranges ie woulda hit SL's counter trend ??

1. I'd of stuck to short, that first uptrend.
2 Spike that bust 9800, I'd of been long @9810, SL 96 I bet, maybe
3 Maybe, so we'll be fair and go for 3 trades, week day though, wish is definately safer

I count 9 winning setups, without going to stupid and scalpy comparable ish to the losers in size.

Many losers I go, nah and bail anyway without full SL loss, 10mins earlier it was a good trade, but live it's well odds are going again me, BAIL type stuff.

GA's still pretty much lifeless still

Good weekends all, Big Mike fire away

Last Updated on July 28, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts