NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Need somewhere to post my thoughts,

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Turveyd with 217 posts (33 thanks)
    2. looks_two aquarian1 with 6 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tturner86 with 3 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 3 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tturner86 with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two aquarian1 with 0.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Turveyd with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 23,307 views
    2. thumb_up 41 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 235 posts
    2. attach_file 18 attachments

Search this Thread

Need somewhere to post my thoughts,

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 64

Dumped GA to, stick to Index's, there movement is more suitable for my method, more chop based.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
Turveyd
Birmingham UK

We be back

New method worked well this am, woke up, saw a pull back to 100ema -0.25% went long and +13pips in minutes, easy, loads of easy trades called on DAX all day, the 100ema acts as a good S/R point to trade near to No move outside of this area = ZERO losses today.

YM kinda failed to move much, but still respected the ranges very well

Final revision is here, confidence is higher, shame I fell back to sleep this am LOL

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Here are my new awesome charts for the day, will it behave as well tomorrow, well doubt it but got to hope!!

Basically the Yellow Envelopes are 26sma based and white slower 100ema based.

Market tends to wander around inside of both of the ranges, not perfectly but given a moderate sized SL, more than well enough to make good profits from, if you get a yellow and a white envelope line both at the same time, then odds look even better ( don't quote me on this yet, need more research )

Not trading against the 100's direction is key, but also allow for a large area being well sideways.

As soon as you see how the market interacts with these ranges ( rubber band theory, it'll never stray to far away before springing back ) then well it looks like GRAIL!!

Does this work on GPBAUD ?? well NO, just DAX and US30 that I've tested so far, GPBAUD would work with tighter ranges in short.

Traded the 1 with LIVE next to it, with zero fear at all this am, then fell asleep again sadly.

NEED TO GET ASS IN GEAR!!

I'm back baby, I'm back!!

Images aren't working yet LOL try again tomorrow am!!

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Quick random history back test.

DAX Apr 16th, went out of spec once, loads no issues.

Mar 17th, markets where hugely stronger but still will do me.

Feb 4th, Yep good enough

Jan 6th, Yep fine.

YM

May 20th, Nice

Apr 21st, too slow

Basically DO IT TIME!!

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

WOWSA Market is WILD today and my method is just totally on FIRE, 2 sets of direction and ranges and hey presto instant license to print money.

Sadly, WORK all day, tried to watch but hours fly by without getting chance to look at the screen

Worked yesterday, zero stress in and out so next week, should be better, I hope.

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Today was another near system perfect day I see sadly WORK getting in the way again

NEARLY TIME TO QUIT!!!, work Monday and Tuesday then fingers crossed I've got 3 days off back on trading.

Score on the week, 1 quickie +13 not a down week

I should be +100's this week!

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Lets see if Chart posting is fixed!

Here are the US30 trade setups for today, notice no losers, 1 CT trade as well area had been used for a while.

Balls are required on the entries, which is always tricky just trusting the method, SL size well I'm looking at 1 of the White Envelope ranges, so if I enter in the middle then the dash 0.12% line area for SL

Then you use the Yellow envelopes to time entries with the 100ema's direction mainly.

100ema, also proving to be a good S/R tool aswell, so buying near with direction = GREAT odds!!

Role on Monday for a few hours, then Wednesday to try to get back to Full time

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Friday Setups on US30.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	617.7 KB
ID:	150795  
Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Dax, see if you can spot where the entries are yourself

DAX trades differently to the US30 ( YM ) , moves out to the 100ema 0.25% area are generally considered reversible as DAX is less trend based, but it also gets to that area more often.

Both directions and both ranges = PERFECTION

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Friday Dax 1.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	614.4 KB
ID:	150796   Click image for larger version

Name:	Friday Dax 2.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	639.4 KB
ID:	150797  
Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Okay, bored so might aswell do some back testing, lets ignore trend cause it's to easy to see after the effect and just test ranges, come up with a range holding expectation, no attempt to filter out news just pure maths on the ranges so DAX start 10th June

Need Codes for which range I'm taking, so :-

Y=Yellow on my chart, 26sma, +1 or -1 or +2 or -2 how far from MA I'm taking it.
W=white, 100ema same as above.

I will stop on fast moves, after taking the first hit ofcourse or profit

10th Y+1 +10 , Y-1 +10, Y+1 +10, Y-1 +10, Y+1 & W+1 -32 ( ouch, still +8 ), Y+1 +12, Y+1 +8, Y+1 +24, W-2 +10, Y-1 +12, = +74, only 1 trade went out of ranges so woulda trigged a SL hit and a loss.

11th, downtrend day, negative likely unless playing the trend, 1 loser early on on upspike over 10000.

12th, got 3 tricky areas, but all profits other than that, loads of good setups.

13th, trend down then trend up, should be visible live ( I HOPE or boned ) , 2 losses tops, winners 20+

Same pattern repeats endlessly, W +2 and -2 are rarely breached unless it's a TREND day 100ema has a good reversal rate IF it's got some momentum ie trend days.

YM basic test, US session looks comparable, maybe not quite as good as DAX and costs higher, so master DAX first and save YM for really nice setups / trend days I guess, for the time being. 1/2 size on YM aswell

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Long DAX 9732, not a great but, but if I wait for great trades I'll never trade, SL 18 so 14.

It's more about the dealing with them, when in than the entry anyways, going my way

Last Updated on July 28, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts