NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 120,476 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

TheShrike 
Bridgeport, Ct

Experience: None
Broker: Tasty
Trading: Fops
Thanks Given: 1,588
Thanks Received: 922

ness1g View Post
So once below dll you fail? Even if you close trade with a winner?

Yes, that is correct. If your max daily dd is 500, and your trade is down -504, your position will be liquidated and you will fail the combine and not be eligible for a rollover. Be careful.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
43 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

ness1g View Post

My understanding is if you cross the DLL during a trade they will exit the trade. Your best bet is to contact TST support as they will be able to better answer your questions.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 choke35 
Germany

Platform: Other
Trading: ES, YM, 6E
Thanks Given: 5,101
Thanks Received: 6,558

ness1g View Post

Esp for beginners, it's hard to understand why a trade that ends up "profitable" should kill them.

Most think of trade P/L like Pic1: "Good" trades end up with a profit, "bad" trades end up with a loss.
Without any system or set of rules, this superficial view is feasible. Beginners often don't realize that there is more, because they are so absorbed by a trade and still don't know their probabilities.

With a system or set of rules, the spectrum of results widens (Pic2).
You have - at least - 4 categories of trades:

1. Justifiable trades that end up with a profit - "normal", but your desired result when you come up with rules / systems
2. Justifiable trades that end up with a loss - "normal": bad beats "without" reason
3. Unjustifiable trades that end up with a loss - "normal": you get a good beating with good cause
4. Unjustifiable trades that end up with a profit - "luck": you deserve a good beating, but you get away

Normally, the more experienced traders get, the more their learning shifts from the right side of Pic2 to the left side. Seasoned traders know their probabilities (1. & 2.).
But the fight within gets harder:

3. means that you have a (profitable) system, but for whatever reason you didn't stick with it. It's pain. You "deserve" the pain. It's a wake-up call.

4. is even more dangerous in the long run: There is no pain, there is no questioning of your behavior, no wake-up call by the market. So there is no reason to pause for a moment and learn. Routinely people mix up the luck they had with systematic, reproducible trading, and develop bad habits.

When a trader falls below the DLL, he violated the system.
Noone is interested, if he is lucky enough to "win it back" or even derive more bad habits from his misbehavior.
Sooner or later such gamblers will be wiped out. And that is exactly, what they show with the liquidation.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

choke35 View Post

4. is even more dangerous in the long run: There is no pain, there is no questioning of your behavior, no wake-up call by the market. So there is no reason to pause for a moment and learn. Routinely people mix up the luck they had with systematic, reproducible trading, and develop bad habits.

When a trader falls below the DLL, he violated the system.
Noone is interested, if he is lucky enough to "win it back" or even derive more bad habits from his misbehavior.
Sooner or later such gamblers will be wiped out. And that is exactly, what they show with the liquidation.

I would suggest being less harsh on yourself. Truly loving yourself. True discipline comes from the bedrock of humility, knowing your place, and making courageous decisions inspite of knowing how heavily the odds are stacked against you. Then when you truly acquire a mindset of a trader and follow your system, CONTINUE DOING THAT. I try not to boast in these forums. The moment I do I go and kill myself the very next day because I've inflated a balloon that feels like permananent but bursts sooner than later. I am speaking for myself here, not targeting anyone, just to be clear.

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!
Thanked by:
 fofo 
Budapest, Hungary

Platform: SierraChart
Trading: CL, ZB
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 47

matevisky View Post
... 2 free combine. On the first combine I will trade Crude and YM. Start trading crude at pit open, and YM paralel. Just to get used to it. If it is successful, than it is. If not, I will stick with the YM on the second run... No rush, will see...

hello Máté,

all my respect to your thread, its really worth reading your journery.
I have failed some combines aswell, will start again in january.

My points you may want to consider:
- trading 2 markets parallel means 50% processing power for each, do you really think trading only 1 market doesn't give you enough opportunity to trade well?

- please focus on the porcess, dont count any usd. Thats the by-product if you make right decisions. As my teacher said: manage the risk first, the profit will follow

Enjoy the rest of holidays and prepare for an amazing 2015

Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

Sorry guys. I am not checking this thread till new year. I am focusing to my family and xmas, and other stuffs. I am not trading, but I am still here dont worry. I have been started programing again. No real reason only for fun. I made a quick robot in 1 day. It is kind of stupid theory nothing extra really. Just for fun and experimenting how the market is random, and not random. There is no holy grail ofc, but the strategy is looking fun. Only trouble to get backtest data. I have elit account, and I would needed YM for backtesting this stuff. I have data only for 2013, so if someone could help me out, that would be great.

I am new in this stuff, so it is really just to get back my programing skill a bit:P

ps: Happy new year

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

I made some further adjusment (nothing big, just a main logic, to skip the trades against the trend), and here is the final version. 2.39 profit factor seems unrealistic, so I need historicals...

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

OKshunalTrader 
Bakersfield, CA USA

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: Bonds, YM
Thanks Given: 255
Thanks Received: 146

matevisky View Post
Thank you for @TopstepTrader support to correcting the reports, here is the final one (There is crude and NQ trades, but all those BEs doesnt really matters)

Congats on the combine win.

Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

matevisky View Post
I made some further adjusment (nothing big, just a main logic, to skip the trades against the trend), and here is the final version. 2.39 profit factor seems unrealistic, so I need historicals...

Oke,

Issue resolvd, I have minute data, with historical download with ninjatrader... It is enough for the playground.

Máté
 fofo 
Budapest, Hungary

Platform: SierraChart
Trading: CL, ZB
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 47

Hi Máté,

hows your trading going?

Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts