NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 120,476 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

ferdy
Toronto, Ontario

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 3

Hi Mate,

Been following your blog with great interest....keep up the good job
Are you Live trading under Funded Account or back to Combine?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

If someone know why @Underexposed has been banned, drop some comment. He was a great guy, and I do not see the reason here...

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Based on Blog - Adam H Grimes blogs of Adam H. Grimes I have been found the fib levels are not as good for me than I thought so good. Maybe I am inpatient, or a shitty Price Action reader, but those gave me a lots of headaches. I am still using the basic methadology what I have been learnt from Horst, but I have done some changing about it. Tailored it to my personal needs.
Also after a lots of study, market analysis, data mining etc, I have been found all the signals by lagging indicators are random, to take it blindly, so I have been started to more and more weight about learn to read the market structure instead of shoot everywhere. I was amazed about the market profile, but still not using it real time.
Thank you for @annaK She pointed out for me some great blog about this topics, so I have been started to learn from here: YourTradingCoach | Because You'd Rather Be Trading For A Living! . Not the actual patterns where I am interested in it is more like the areas. Funny our not but it turned out my trade helper levels are great thing to spot area of intrest, so I have been cooked the 2 pieace together, and come up with a view, and an execution. So I will start to do some prev day analysis as well, to keep my mind sharp. On easy days like these I have been figured out loosers are coming. I was thinking a lot about it, and realized this is because on easy days, I am not praticing enough, so this journal is a great place to do some back analysis as well. Just spot some areas, and we will see how it is going on...

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

So I am using mainly 3 timeframe: 150tick, 450tick, 1350tick. In bigger moves, I am going for 4050tick, or 12150tick, but that is raerly happens. So the basic concept, is to draw the lines on the bigger timeframe like this:

So no news here. You can spot these levels from Market profile, from high lows, you can use any school. I am using my own indicator it is pretty straight forward. These levels are not written in stone ofc, but good corner blocks.

The next step is go 1 timeframe below, to tune the trade entries, and find spot for the open. Lets see this picture. Ofc these levels are dynamic levels, as the market is moving and improving himself:

I will not go down for 150tick, because that is realy finetuning the entry, and the managment, and the point here is not to read the priceaction it is more over to find the areas of intrest. So lets do the quick analysis

1. It is an easy to see area. Lots of levels are here, so some storm can come, you can try to fade, or you can go with the breakout pattern also. I was short from the market open, so it was a perfect place for me to take profit, but it is a great opportunity to try long. It was a clear FBO (Failed BreakOut) pattern also, so it is a no brainer.

2. This level is harder. It is also lots of levels here, so call it a chop zone. Than finally it has been going upper to our next level of intrest

3. Much more easy to see why short here. Lots of place, confirmation and time to enter. There is no reason to try to long specially the other markets were not trading also

4. It is our resting period, you can read it from market profile also this is a high value node, or you can call it this is because of the opening range, anyhow, this is the first pullback of the downtrend so I do not see any reason why not try to short here

5. Second pullback before close, worth to try, the other markets were down, but risky it is...

So as you can see only based on the big levels of 1350tick you have plently of opportunity to try countertrend trades, or pullback. For me doing these analysis are great to see to it is worth to be patient and wait for good levels, and Price Action. Opportunity will come...

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Here is a new recap. Once again, keep my mind sharp, and ready for trading, that is all the indication for these recaps. I am also trying to get rid of many of my indicators, because they are too much... Anyhow it is a good pratice. So lets check the big picture 1350 tick. Mark only the obvious and not failed or turned levels. Only spotting those levels which are easy to see for everyone, not only for me...:

The next step is simple. Go for 450Tick chart, and let see the levels play out. Once again, we are not taking consideration of the right entry technic, only the levels, and the reaction.

1. This is the best one. Good premarket level from 1350Tick, so good idea to consider to go long.
2. I dont like this trade at all. I can find a reasoning behind, but truerly not a great level, but because of the priceaction, it is tradeable
3. Much much more easier to take this trade. Ofc it is always a question which pressure will win? Up or down up or down? I believe there has to be an easy rule to decied this. There are new highs, and there is no new low. We have a good spotted entry line, with a lots of space to improve, so why the hell should I try to go short? Once again, I am not saying it will go up, I am saying only it is easier to him to go up, than to fight down...
4. No realy analysis needed here. Supereasy trade, if we are assuming the market is not trading but rangeing.
5. I do not like this, but once again, based on the simple structure we have new highs, and we dont have new lows, so it is tradeable, but not clear (and also not clear why do not trade the leg before this....)
6. You can try to trade the breakout, but why the hell would you do that, here is the next level anyway, we are in the afternoon session, so no real space and reason for a rally up, So easier to fade..

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Really...

How the earth did I not executed it correctly... ARAGH... Oke, I come up with a winner, but it was luck, and not good trading...

I had this doubble bottom level, I had the perfect picture and perfec entry zone, THAN I JUMPED IN DURING A COMPLEX PULLBACK TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Than I took an immature breakout trade

GOSH, was lucky, see the market in a good way executed poorly...

Máté

lovetotrade 
Rockledge, FL

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Gain Capital, OANDA
Trading: GBP
Thanks Given: 1,059
Thanks Received: 813

matevisky View Post
Really...

How the earth did I not executed it correctly... ARAGH... Oke, I come up with a winner, but it was luck, and not good trading...

I had this doubble bottom level, I had the perfect picture and perfec entry zone, THAN I JUMPED IN DURING A COMPLEX PULLBACK TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Than I took an immature breakout trade

GOSH, was lucky, see the market in a good way executed poorly...

A good day to learn from your mistake my friend... Obviously something went wrong psychologically there for you. Dissect what happened, and figure out if it was emotional or if you were following your plan. If it was emotional, try to re-imagine the scenario and figure out what the trigger was that made you slip. That way you can either avoid it, or see it and use it to your advantage when entering a similar trade.

You are doing awesome man, we all make mistakes don't be too hard on yourself, but don't let the situation pass without learning something from it either.

Take care.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Tony09 
Basildon UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, MetaTrader
Broker: ActivTrades, NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures - TF, YM, Forex
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 0

Hi Matevisky,

Many thanks for sharing your charts. I have been following your blog as I too use the MACDBB's from Horst. Since I joined futures.io (formerly BMT) I have downloaded your indicators & using it as part of my trading. Are you in the position to share the updated version of your indicators especially the MACDBB V2? It looks great.

Many thanks.

Tony

cory 
virginia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

matevisky View Post
So I am using mainly 3 timeframe: 150tick, 450tick, 1350tick. In bigger moves, I am going for 4050tick, or 12150tick, but that is raerly happens. ...

since you use MACDBB and HTF concept check out this interesting idea
youtube.com/watch?v=1l4a9224swg&feature=youtu.be

Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts