NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 120,400 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

montanajtt 
Como, Italy

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, IB
Broker: Tradestation, IB
Trading: ES
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 299
Thanks Received: 312

@Pedro40 again apologies for my reply

@matevisky I know it's xmas...finally This is the season I like most and I'm just thinking to shut down the machines until 28th and take some vacation as this year I took none
Good work today, I agree with @Scalpingtrader your losses may be compatibles with your P/L and strategy but are not compatibles with your account, you know we talked a lot about it and tst policies but I can understand that it could be worst to change your strategy and instrument.
Keep up the good work and you will soon find yourself in a more comfortable spot

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

@TopstepTrader photo contest is going on. You can find me there, with my two kids. I love that picture very, but as a bonus here is 2 another one from them. If you like those picture go on and put some like on them There are a lots of good stuff to win so every vote is count
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.778214428880624.1073741836.125834810785259&type=1

In the photo contest you have to find me, just because of the fair play:P

Ps2: All who dont have facebook account, you will miss the fun:P

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

montanajtt View Post

Apologies in advance

OK, I wrote a long one, but I have deleted it because I see you apologized again. I am really pulling for Mergodon, but he had this tendency of taking big losses when days of gains were given back, and finally that tendency caught up with him. It was predictable...

Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Pedro40 View Post
OK, I wrote a long one, but I have deleted it because I see you apologized again. I am really pulling for Mergodon, but he had this tendency of taking big losses when days of gains were given back, and finally that tendency caught up with him. It was predictable...

Thank you Pedro. There is a lot of value in your words need some time to understand it better and deeper
How do i see is the follwoing:
In the last year I had a tendency to burn up 15+ combine
In the last 3 month I have been managed to stay in positive profit and did not do any margin call
In the last 10!days I have started to trade Russell again and going also well.
And every red day gave me a push to learn and analyse more and more. So I hope these tendencies will help me to stay in green.

I do know on the other side what you are trying to refer . But only time could change these so you can put words down which are pretty clear and easy to see but in really hard to find the value here

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

All guys, who would like to learn the feeling of trading, but doesnt have the money, or time to spent on hard learning, but want to try it, here is a great new thread:

@GFIs1 doing a consistenc DAX trading in the last 3 years, so I would say he is "somewhere" on the road. He has been created a new thread which need more rule following than his old one. I truly believe it is a good start for everyone, at least to getting the feeling how it is entering a trade, exiting, following basic rules and basic money monegment. It could be followed and tested in real time with any sim platform, and it will give you a great experience in this word!

So thank you for this to him. And it is free

Máté
Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,181
Thanks Received: 15,562

matevisky View Post
All guys, who would like to learn the feeling of trading, but doesnt have the money, or time to spent on hard learning, but want to try it, here is a great new thread:

@GFIs1 doing a consistenc DAX trading in the last 3 years, so I would say he is "somewhere" on the road. He has been created a new thread which need more rule following than his old one. I truly believe it is a good start for everyone, at least to getting the feeling how it is entering a trade, exiting, following basic rules and basic money monegment. It could be followed and tested in real time with any sim platform, and it will give you a great experience in this word!

So thank you for this to him. And it is free

Thanks Máté
Nice introduction @matevisky into a very difficult area: to trade during high volatility in the markets.
This is a special program to fill the days when normal trading is out of reach.
A hint for this high risk trading: Play it on smaller instruments with less risk..

GFIs1
PS: trading is a lot of trial and error... if you are not sure - go SIM

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

I am going back to combine. In went back ton200 usd again I don't want to push my luck again so info back to free combine to get mily mind right on track

Máté
vidrighin
Bucharest, Romania

Thanks Given: 19
Thanks Received: 11

and a Happy new Year!

Thanked by:

trendwaves 
Florida
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Trading: ES, NQ, CL
Thanks Given: 2,898
Thanks Received: 2,525

matevisky View Post
I am going back to combine. In went back ton200 usd again I don't want to push my luck again so info back to free combine to get mily mind right on track

Máté - I have been enjoying your journal and studying your trading results. Thank you for taking time to keep the journal going. I think overall your method is pretty tight. It looks like the one issue for you is those times when the method gives several signals in a row which do not go in your favor resulting in a losing streak. This shows up pretty clearly on your P/L graph. So most of the time, day in and day out the method works reasonably well, but is prone to occasional losing streaks.

My suggestion is you consider the use of a daily $ loss maximum which you impose over the method. This is intended to cap-off and stop a losing streak at a predetermined level. If the maximum level is reached for the day, it is then up to you to turn off the computer and walk away for the day. This protects the integrity of your equity (P/L) curve and guards against the tendency (trading mistake) to want to keep trading and get back to even.

It's great to have a very strong belief in the trading method and your ability to use it, but at the same time it is important to balance that with the reality every system and trader has weaknesses which must be accounted for in your risk management plan.

Be Patient and Trade Smart
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

cejstrup 
Denmark

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 1,183
Thanks Received: 160

Didn't you do "one and done" in the combine ? What made you change that ?

To succeed in trading you need to think like the minority ,so you won't end up like the majority
Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts