NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 120,386 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

GFIs1 View Post
Hi Maté
Interesting...
Find the nexusfi.com (formerly BMT) thread about lumosity here:

Happy play!
GFIs1

Yip, but it is not about the result, it is about your self improvment And as I said, a good thing to measure your brain fitness before trading.

Spitz is a good one... but reading english book with spitz, sometimes is not easy for me. So it is need to be easly language. Thus I am listening audio books. Much easier to follow up - dont know why - but have a better understanding. Native english readers spitz is a great one!

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
The Program
17 thanks
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,179
Thanks Received: 15,559

matevisky View Post

Spitz is a good one... but reading english book with spitz, sometimes is not easy for me. So it is need to be easly language. Thus I am listening audio books. Much easier to follow up - dont know why - but have a better understanding. Native english readers spitz is a great one!

From the FAQ of Spritz about other languages:
"Do you offer spritzing in different languages?
Currently you can spritz in English, Spanish, French, German, Russian and even Korean. We’re working on Chinese and a few others right now. Our technology is very extensible. The Spritz methodology works in all languages we know, however, some algorithmic parameters need to be customized each time. It’s really just a matter of time until your favorite language comes to the platform."

So you might try Russian :-)
What a training - lol
Or ask them about hungarian - to test it!

GFIs1

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: TST/Rithmic
Trading: YM/Gold
Thanks Given: 17,423
Thanks Received: 8,425

matevisky View Post
DWYSSWYD - Do what you say - say what you do recap

Nice one and good post.

I share your sentiments almost completely (I used to run at your speed, now I only walk...), my journal is WYSIWIG - What You See Is What I Got.

Travel Well
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

- Running: Done
- lumosity: Done
- I am a little bit tired: So go for a short meditation/sleep
- I am having new ideas, I will share it later on... not now
- Market preview: It is monday. Monday is always crazy, but no news, major news will be on the 2nd part of the week. So hope for a good range day. Will see...

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Ugh. That's what I am talking about baby! A hard day, a long day, a green day. I was trading more than 90 mins. As I did promised last week. I am not saying without an error, but without a huge mistakes. Here is the report:

1. I had to try it. If it is falling hard, than it will fall hard. It did not, so because the entry was really weak, I didnt care to skip it
2. I moved my SL If it would have been 10 tick, it would have been a winner. But based on the expectation where should it go the entry was very very bad.
3. It was too soon. No good place, no good timestamp, nothing. It almost worked out, but it did not
4. Trade of the day. Would have been take it sooner based on price action, but it was oke
5. And yes. The 1 million dollar question. No good answer Based on the indicators and based on the russel movement, I played long, and I was staying in it. Yes I moved to SL to BE, than I moved away. Than moved in again, because if it is working out, than it should looks like what it is looking like right now.

And done for the day. 90 mins. Big one, not a huge win, but a good one

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Before the recap here is some important thing:
All the elitmember chartminder is here: @ratfink has been created a great automatic screenshot tool indicator. It has a lots of good feature, if you are running robots, or would like to autoupload your results, or simply just want to create screenshot with ease. It is only downloadable for elit members:
Just a good pratice to use, if you are running a VPS for example. Create a dropbox account. Tell chartminder to save the screenshot there. So if your robot is running, the screenshots which is being made will be syncronized to your phone over dropbox. You dont have to login to sneakpeak to check your robots trade.
Great stuff, worth to be an elit member!

I do an update time to time on my summery page. So new readers, you can go there to check out the important milestones!

And here is the recap:

Nothing too much to add. The market was slowing doing what it has to do. Going up piece by piece. The indicator is free to download, and no 20 years of study behind. Simply just putting some globex levels and extension on to the chart, to help you NOT trade when there is no level:P :

PS: The good news was that, I did my trading today, based on what you have seen. I was not waiting for the new high because it was not on my radar, and I was oke with the profit what I have been made. But later it is pretty clear it was a bad decision for this day

Máté
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Here is a thought, with an example: I hope it is worth to think it over. As all example this is not perfect either.

Everybody is looking for a great trading system is to trade. I mean really everybody, but try to view it with a different angle! How easy to find a good wife/husband in real life? When you are start dating someone, you have a lot of expectation, but in the begining everything looks beatifull. Just like in trading.

If you are find a good mentor to learn, you are starting the believe ah he is the one, he is so perfect. Speaking franky in the begining - just like in life with your first boy/girlfriend you really don't give a sht about the small details. You just would like to live the momement. You would like to think it is going to stay forever.

Than time passing, your view is getting more clear and clear. You are starting to come up with expectations, maybe she/he as well. It is not the same. You are starting to see, you are spending too much time, money what so ever. And than you broke up, and many cases you are blaming the other side.

But you do not want to give up the fight. You know that this is your life journy to find someone with a best fit. So you are taking your experience and starting it over again. But now you are more carefull. You getting know what you are looking for, so you are tring the find the best fit for you...

You can imagine the rest, but this is not the end of the story. Imagine that you are getting married. You believe that you have found it. Your friends says, hey you are crazy. If will not takes for ever, do not do it. Maybe they are right maybe they are wrong. Only time could tell the future right? Are you sure? Are you absolutly sure about that?

I am not. I do not believe that in my personal relationship either it is true. What I believe is a continues fight/work to going forward, to work togheter in the life, to make our future dreams happens. It is sometimes hard, there are sometimes fight/drawdowns, but you can make them better.

My point is here to start looking into yourself, than to blame others. I am not saying that, sometimes you are not right. Of course there are whores, who are just taking your money, and give you small pleasure, and I am not saying that to take anyone, than try to live with her/him. The point is here to find what is the best for you.

If you are looking around on this forum or any forum you will find all the great traders are doing the same. They have something, which could be very-very different, but it is a system which is working:
- @Big Mike has a system which has been build by his own. Even he is using his own platform to trade. Can you imagine how hard was to get that far?
- @GFIs1 taking trade 3 times a week only. Easy? I dont think so
- @tigertrader is a veteran. His experience is not comparable even with my age. And he is here... hm... worth to think on that also
- @sam028 believes in VPS and robots. He created a company to live his dream and to share this service to others as well
- @Fat Tails creating indicators day-by-day for free, and he keeps continue learning. Crazy is not it.
- @TheWizard is sharing his own trading system for completly free. And he is not afraid to take feedback and consider to change his view time to time
- @Underexposed is doing trade on the canadian stock market. Long term view. Working, hell yes! But you need time and patient to master this journey

As you can see, many different approach, but one thing is always common.

Quoting 
Find your own truth!

ps: It was one of the first shadowrun books what I have been read when I was young. I loved the way how Sam was thinking about the change around him

Máté

tigertrader 
Philly, Pa
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Master
Trading: ES, ZB
Thanks Given: 6,662
Thanks Received: 36,257

matevisky View Post

- @tigertrader is a veteran. His experience is not comparable even with my age. And he is here... hm... worth to think on that also

i'm a 100% magyar,

only the grave stops us from trading,

(and talking about it)

soros/84, birinyi/72, peterffy/70

i'm a veritable youngster compared to the above greats...

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

tigertrader View Post
i'm a 100% magyar,

only the grave stops us from trading,

(and talking about it)

soros/84, birinyi/72, peterffy/70

i'm a veritable youngster compared to the above greats...

Small world I guess. So good trader comes with time, just like a good hungarian wine I guess, which also helps you to speak more, not less:P Thank you to jump in, see you tomorrow on the battlefield...:P

Máté
Thanked by:

tigertrader 
Philly, Pa
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Master
Trading: ES, ZB
Thanks Given: 6,662
Thanks Received: 36,257

matevisky View Post
Small world I guess. So good trader comes with time, just like a good hungarian wine I guess, which also helps you to speak more, not less:P Thank you to jump in, see you tomorrow on the battlefield...:P

magyar moonshine...

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts