NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 120,400 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

After a great day, I went running. After the 2. km I got me thinking to go home, and have some fun. Go to play poker, or drink some hungarian palinka or what so ever. Than I realized, it is not good. I have to be greatful to myself, and give some joy to my body. So instead of stoped runing at 2. km I was running 8 km. It was really a joy run. It was a mindfull run just like I learnt in https://www.headspace.com/ . Ofc my mind went off the focus, and running around with thoughts, but it was a great experience.
So I have to be thankful to my body and mind to handled this day with consistency, and pateint!

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Sazon 
Roswell, GA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 930
Thanks Received: 472

matevisky View Post
After a great day, I went running. After the 2. km I got me thinking to go home, and have some fun. Go to play poker, or drink some hungarian palinka or what so ever. Than I realized, it is not good. I have to be greatful to myself, and give some joy to my body. So instead of stoped runing at 2. km I was running 8 km. It was really a joy run. It was a mindfull run just like I learnt in https://www.headspace.com/ . Ofc my mind went off the focus, and running around with thoughts, but it was a great experience.
So I have to be thankful to my body and mind to handled this day with consistency, and pateint!

One thing I've noticed is that your losses tend to be much much larger than your winners. Does that concern you?

Thanked by:
JohniFx
Hungary

Thanks Given: 118
Thanks Received: 46

matevisky View Post
After a great day, I went running. After the 2. km I got me thinking to go home, and have some fun. Go to play poker, or drink some hungarian palinka or what so ever. Than I realized, it is not good. I have to be greatful to myself, and give some joy to my body. So instead of stoped runing at 2. km I was running 8 km. It was really a joy run. It was a mindfull run just like I learnt in . Ofc my mind went off the focus, and running around with thoughts, but it was a great experience.

seems lika breakout... could be false, could be a new trend. Nevertheless am gonna play the retest on your performance:

long Mergo@next run at 2 km, stop: when he ain't run the next 2 week, target: marathon by next summer
strategy: pyramiding on the upper retest of 10km; b/e when you break above today's 8km spike.

that seems like a good RR

keep up the good work bro,

cheers
J.

Thanked by:
vidrighin
Bucharest, Romania

Thanks Given: 19
Thanks Received: 11

After 4 gifts I left the station...(I've decided to follow this rule of limiting the day loss...I still analyse if it's proper or not for me...)
Good side: [LIST]It seems you did not moved the stops [LIST]Found resurces in yourself to find clarity after 11 gifts...
Bad side: [LIST]Agressive in a typically confusing day = danger[LIST]Last trade in the red square. Reason ?[LIST]Those 3 trades in the orange square. Reason ?

Q1:When we are in red dom, we take trades to cover the loss or wait for legitimate trades (pretending we do not have the red dom) ? This is the question the market addressed me today...and I ask your opinion

Q2: What you did between the orange and green sqaure ? ( I want to do the same )

Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

@Sazon:
A lots of thing concer me, that's why I am keep working on myself day by day, but I do not understand or see what you are asking:
One thing I've noticed is that your losses tend to be much much larger than your winners. Does that concern you?
I do not see this. What I do see, if I wrong, sometimes I can overtrade, and make a red day. Today was a great example. Going red, cooling down, seeing a nice opportunity, with a huge R:R ration. Go for it, make a gift, go for it again. But I do not see any other statistic, specially day to day case to I am doing wrong...

@vidrighin
Q1:When we are in red dom, we take trades to cover the loss or wait for legitimate trades (pretending we do not have the red dom) ? This is the question the market addressed me today...and I ask your opinion
It was not about waiting. I was cooling of, waiting to picture to come. If it is there, it is a high probability trade. It is not likely to coming with this clarity, but when it is come it is worth to try. It was a last chance, after that I would gave it up... There is no good or bad answer here. Why should I miss a superclear picture, if I do see I am cooled down...? The other side of the story, I did not chicked out with 30 tick win. I was knowing what I see, and my take profit target was at the perfect place. So if the picture is working it has to be working like this. Simple it is... Yes, it is hard when you are in red, but speacially when you are in red, you have to be in controll... And I was today, and I am greatfull for that. Dont forget. It is a gaming of probability, and not about I am always right or wrong. Today I was right, sometimes I will be wrong, but I dont care in these kind of situations
Q2: What you did between the orange and green sqaure ? ( I want to do the same )
I was superangry to myself, to did not got out from the long position in the orange squaer, when I saw the double top, and went to short before, and I was praying the picture (pullback) come at the green box. I was not playing the breakout, I was playing the pullback of the breakout. It is sometimes harder, sometimes easier...
About the rest, I told you. I was checking a new timeframe, just for fun, and I was trigger happy. It was a 29Tick, I was planing to try it out, and it was a superbad idea today... Paid my price, got it back...

Guys. Please understand. I am learning! I do mistakes, and I am not perfect. You can call it luck, but hard to call luck a trade like in a greenbox, if you are down with 10 gift. My view is that, I am getting understand more and more, and getting hit sometimes, but learning to get up.

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

Judging by your historical P/L, I assume you lost big yesterday. In the last month, you have built up the account 3 times, just to lose 70-80% of it after every 4-6 days. You had a winning streak for 7 days and volatility was huge on Tuesday.

Just a guess, say it ain't so...

Thanked by:
 montanajtt 
Como, Italy

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, IB
Broker: Tradestation, IB
Trading: ES
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 299
Thanks Received: 312

Pedro40 View Post
Judging by your historical P/L, I assume you lost big yesterday. In the last month, you have built up the account 3 times, just to lose 70-80% of it after every 4-6 days. You had a winning streak for 7 days and volatility was huge on Tuesday.

Just a guess, say it ain't so...

or he just didn't work yesterday or he made a huge profit and went to party or, most likely, his P/L is not your business or something you should take your time to judge.

Apologies in advance if my reply to you may sound rude but if he is taking some time to post a public journal I think deserves the best of support and not to feel someone is waiting that he posts some losses.

Thanked by:

kburks 
Boynton Beach

Experience: Intermediate
Trading: ES,TF,CL
Thanks Given: 327
Thanks Received: 146

mfbreakout View Post
CONGRATULATION. A fine week is an understatement in this case. I have highest appreciation for traders who get funded by TST for live trading.

Great job........

Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

There was a big loss yesterday. It was my bad, but it was a good one. I am not trying to find excuses, I am just showing my last trade. Hopes it helps to clarify what is the different, when you are in a rage mode, and when you are know what you are doing, and you are simply unlucky. I was down about -800USD. I will do the report later, right now I am not that mood. Than Business as usual I was starting to w8 for clarity. And clarity was coming again. Big move up, big move down (or not ha-ha ) Anyhow, I get up to the train to soon. And I got up again, went to bathroom when I saw the trade started to work. I was 100% sure if it is working it will test back the opening range. It is used to testing back, so it was a clear 90 tick trade (and the market did test it back...). So I was coming back, and sawing the picture. Not the best feeling. I was trying to thinking to go in again, but my it is not a good idea. This picture is working 50-60% of the time. It has 1:10 R:R ratio, as I am playing it. So it is absolutly a winner, but jumping again means the Risk has to be huge... Grrr... So I was not in the mood to post it, but today is today.... New day, new daily routine...

About the day, it was the same trigger happy day just a day before. The only different, I was in the trade long after market open (giving 2 gift for that LOL) than I closed it... Than the market shoot up... So not my best start yeasterday

---
About today. Nothing new, nothing extra. I was a bit extra carefull, w8 for the perfect signal, and go with it:

My account is in a comfortable 1300USD. Will do the usual report end of the week.

But, what is more important. Yesterady kept me thinking about sometimes I am shooting to fast. There are several rules what has to be filled, and some of the objective some of the subjective, but my mind sometimes is just a trigger happy mood. So I was not able to sleep in the evening, and I made some changes on my entries. Not a huge ones, just some thing which kept me doing this thing what I have done... It helped me today, could go into this trade a bit earlier, but I was waiting to my signal fullfiled, and it happened. I have been checked back many days. Really many (100-200) and ofc some cases, it is not working, and some cases are working, but give me a great great great view when NOT to take the trade, just w8. Yes, the entry could be worser, but I am giving limited gift for that entry... All the other thing stay... No holy grail, just a limit to myself....
Same apply to the target levels as well. It was easy to wait today 41 tick, instead of 30 tick, because of the same ruleset Sometimes good, sometimes bad. But it has the edge:P

@Pedro40 : Thank you for the good words, and helping me to understand how do I trading and handling my loss. I would say I can lose 3 times my daily profit. It would be better to do only 2 times, but 3 times it is... I do know it is not good, but on the long run, I do know that my consistency in trading, in my personal life will help me to solve my trading issues, and keep me on the green side of the road.

@montanajtt : Thx man, but it is a free forum. I am sharing all my things (maybe sometimes not in real time, sorry about that) so I deserve not only the good but the bad things as well . We have some history with @Pedro40 so it is oke from his side to comment like this And dont forget it is XMAS

And again. I am not here to justify everything what I am doing is great. I am here to show all the thing, when I am doing good, and when I am not doing good

Máté

Scalpingtrader 
Hanover, Germany
Legendary Amateur Trader

Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 3,144
Thanks Received: 5,147

First of, congratulatuons that you got - and still are funded! HOWEVER I really have the strong Impression that These Huge (they're not big, compared to your account size they are downright gigantic) losing periods will get you off the account rather sooner than later...

Honestly, I am neither the right person to judge this nor am I wishing for that to become true. Nonetheless I really feel like you should do something to control your risk better...

Anyhow, I wish you all the best in this endeavor!

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts