NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 120,400 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,343
Thanks Received: 26,267

matevisky View Post
but do not forget, it is not about the method or the indicator, it is always about you....

You you can learn to trade anywhere else also, one thing or another wont make you rich, or will not understand better, how the market moves

This is so deeply true.

If the method made the difference, the richest person in the world would be some clever programmer.

Also, becoming a billionaire would be easy....

Bob.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 Sk8ter 
Beaverton, Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 1,199
Thanks Received: 130

matevisky View Post
Thank you for asking. I am using the same setup just like Horst. You can check it in real time what I do see:
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/user/EMiniTutor/videos[/yt]

, but do not forget, it is not about the method or the indicator, it is always about you. The concept is the same. Get my 20-30 tick profit using 8-10 tick StopLoss, and concentrate for the next day, and the next day... Simple it is... The indicator set, and the dashboard is only good for my eyes, because I have done my analysis in the last 1 year using these. You you can learn to trade anywhere else also, one thing or another wont make you rich, or will not understand better, how the market moves

@matevisky, thanks for the video link, I will have a look. I agree with your comments about indicators, methods, etc. I just wanted to understand more about your methods. Thanks.

Thanked by:

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

matevisky View Post
Thank you for asking. I am using the same setup just like Horst. You can check it in real time what I do see:
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/user/EMiniTutor/videos[/yt]

, but do not forget, it is not about the method or the indicator, it is always about you. The concept is the same. Get my 20-30 tick profit using 8-10 tick StopLoss, and concentrate for the next day, and the next day... Simple it is... The indicator set, and the dashboard is only good for my eyes, because I have done my analysis in the last 1 year using these. You you can learn to trade anywhere else also, one thing or another wont make you rich, or will not understand better, how the market moves

Sk8ter View Post
@matevisky, thanks for the video link, I will have a look. I agree with your comments about indicators, methods, etc. I just wanted to understand more about your methods. Thanks.

@matevisky

congratulations, well done!!

@Sk8ter,

you can also have a look here about some horst (er2wizard) trades. it was a fun thread, but closed now. and of course it's up to you to decide about his credibility

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

Sk8ter View Post

It is not the method. Really not. The method is always the same. Find a good location to consider to take the trade:
- Double top will be almost the same
- With a 89% fib retracment
- Or with a value area border
- Or with a keltner channel border
- etc...
Wait for a good signal to turn, which will be the same for
- any nice bar pattern, which is turning
- A simple market foot print big order coming in quickly
- or anything else
Be known or familiar, what is the likely move which could be expected:
- Are we trending the same or opposite direction
- how strong was the area
- the reaction
- etc...
Be in the trade, manage the trade only after needed, and take profit....

Simple. All schools same patterns, for different instruments, with different configuration could be work better or worth, I agree with that, but everything is the same... So what you have to know about the system is only the following:
- Trading only after market open on US indexies, in the first 90 mins
- If I am ready with my 20-30 ticks, I am ready, and dont look back
- Trade to take is 3:1 R:R (or 4:1)

And that's it. After that, if you would like to join any training for, you have to figure it out, the guy who is running it is a nice and trustworthy guy for you or not. Are doing doing it in big, or small etc... Your choice. For me it was good, but we are not the same, you are not able to go on the same road what I did, you have to find your own way. Maybe you will have the same questions to ask, and I can help, because I have the experience, but at the end, you always will be alone, so you have to work on yourself alone. And I believe I did write it down, the most important part, is again NOT THE SYSTEM, it is about that is he trying to teach you a system, or is he trying to teach you how to learn to trade, and the system is only a tool.
Easy example, and again there is now good or bad answer:
- Is he have a system wrote it down in 100paged pdf documentation. YES... coool... are you sure it is cool? It is only a system, there will be no soul behind... Maybe it is cool... maybe not
- Oh he doesnt have it, coool, he will explain it too me, YES, coool... sure? maybe he is changing it all the time, hmhmhmhm.... not so cool...

So again... No good or bad, no it is going to work or not, only possibility... Like in trading... You have a freedom to choose Freedom is comes with the a price:P

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Silvester17 View Post
@matevisky

congratulations, well done!!

@Sk8ter,

you can also have a look here about some horst (er2wizard) trades. it was a fun thread, but closed now. and of course it's up to you to decide about his credibility

I do not want to open this question, if you would like to speak about Horst this is the right topic:

I was trying to speak it about general, and I never said anything about the method is good or bad. I would like to keep it in this way. I made it clear, after Horst I have been tried a lots of thing: .

So it is more over about the process to become a great trader, and not who to choose. Also I mentioned before there are a lots of way to become consistence and successfull, but the path is always your path:

So kindly ask everyone, do not open here any who is the greatest, what is the best questions. We are not the same, I can share my experience, but you have to decied, what is fit best for you.

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

Platform: Nt8, MotiveWave, TOS
Broker: S5
Trading: ES, ZB fine alcohol and muscle cars
Thanks Given: 1,168
Thanks Received: 412

Mate, congratulations on the combine. Have a great holidays and next year.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Traderwolf 
Raleigh,NC

Experience: None
Platform: Versatile and Stable
Broker: Reliable and Accurate
Trading: Money
Thanks Given: 154
Thanks Received: 1,028

matevisky View Post
It is not the method. Really not. The method is always the same. Find a good location to consider to take the trade:
- Double top will be almost the same
- With a 89% fib retracment
- Or with a value area border
- Or with a keltner channel border
- etc...
Wait for a good signal to turn, which will be the same for
- any nice bar pattern, which is turning
- A simple market foot print big order coming in quickly
- or anything else
Be known or familiar, what is the likely move which could be expected:
- Are we trending the same or opposite direction
- how strong was the area
- the reaction
- etc...
Be in the trade, manage the trade only after needed, and take profit....

Simple. All schools same patterns, for different instruments, with different configuration could be work better or worth, I agree with that, but everything is the same... So what you have to know about the system is only the following:
- Trading only after market open on US indexies, in the first 90 mins
- If I am ready with my 20-30 ticks, I am ready, and dont look back
- Trade to take is 3:1 R:R (or 4:1)

And that's it. After that, if you would like to join any training for, you have to figure it out, the guy who is running it is a nice and trustworthy guy for you or not. Are doing doing it in big, or small etc... Your choice. For me it was good, but we are not the same, you are not able to go on the same road what I did, you have to find your own way. Maybe you will have the same questions to ask, and I can help, because I have the experience, but at the end, you always will be alone, so you have to work on yourself alone. And I believe I did write it down, the most important part, is again NOT THE SYSTEM, it is about that is he trying to teach you a system, or is he trying to teach you how to learn to trade, and the system is only a tool.
Easy example, and again there is now good or bad answer:
- Is he have a system wrote it down in 100paged pdf documentation. YES... coool... are you sure it is cool? It is only a system, there will be no soul behind... Maybe it is cool... maybe not
- Oh he doesnt have it, coool, he will explain it too me, YES, coool... sure? maybe he is changing it all the time, hmhmhmhm.... not so cool...

So again... No good or bad, no it is going to work or not, only possibility... Like in trading... You have a freedom to choose Freedom is comes with the a price:P

Very Well said my friend....

Wolf

Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

You are the only one I know of who is blogging their live trading, so a very big thanks for that!

Could you tell us how many trades did you do in the first month? I assume 4-5 trades per day or so? Also, does the P/L include the broker's fee already?

Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Pedro40 View Post
You are the only one I know of who is blogging their live trading, so a very big thanks for that!

Could you tell us how many trades did you do in the first month? I assume 4-5 trades per day or so? Also, does the P/L include the broker's fee already?

Here is a report: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j17v0gfs0ifj0tl/TSTLive_tradelog_v4.xlsx?dl=0
P&L is so-so accurate and comossion is included (if you are checking the excel you will see). I am saying so-so because I am doing it manually, only for the demonstration sake, and not because of further and accurate analysis. But the end of the day P&L always with in sync with my @TopstepTrader account ballance.

Answering the question: it was about 85 trade taken in 24 day, so it is 3-4 trade/day. I am in better position right now, because in case of russel 18 trade in 7 days (2-3 trade/day).

edited: PS: The data feed fee is not inculded. It is 85USD/month, have to pay it separatly.

Máté
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Ugh. I was adding a new timeframe, to fishing. It was not a good idea. Immidietly Overtraded the market. Almost paid my price.

Than, clarity came, made a gift, enter again. I had to, the picture was still very-very nice on higher timeframes. Turned a -600USD to +200USD...
I am proud to the end, and not so proud to the begining. But hey, the end game is count right?

Máté

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts