NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 120,400 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Sk8ter 
Beaverton, Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 1,199
Thanks Received: 130

matevisky View Post
Oke. So here is the deal. The comissions from yesterday has been calculated overnight. So my balance droped to 219USD. If I go to red, I will not gain 2 free combine, but If I not try, than I am not a trader.

My stop is 10 tick, but I modifed for Russel sake to 8 tick because of slipage and everything. My usual profit target is 30 tick, based on same manner, I modifed it to 25 tick. Just to dont overpush.
So based on this I have only 2 shots. There is no reason or reality to go closer stops, so this is what it is. Bye bye 3 shots, 2 shots here you come...
I made a quick gift. Question, reenter or not on the same price level. Answer simple, yes. Picture good, it is a good to go:
Result: 1 gift, and 1 +37 tick winner trade.

See you on Monday, One foot is out from the water, but need to go back to 1000USD to feel comfortable again. Russel here I come my old friend, I have been missed you!

@matevisky, just curious, why you have recently switched to trading the Russell? It seems like more recently all your posts and charts were from the YM. Thanks.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

Sk8ter View Post
@matevisky, just curious, why you have recently switched to trading the Russell? It seems like more recently all your posts and charts were from the YM. Thanks.

The methadology what I have been using is mainly coming from Horst, and he is trading TF in daily basis. Because @TopstepTrader there is no possibility to trade Russel in the combine, I had to swithc. Based on my personal analysis YM was likely to follow some Russel moves. At the end it turned out it is likely not following Russel moves, so I made a some changes on the basic approach of methadology (own charts, levels settings etc....) The main difference was the viotality and the levels.

Anyhow, it is looks crazy to switch side I know, but I am following the russel moves, and Horst videos daily basis. My favorite is the Russel, even he is moving like hell sometimes. But and here is the but, if you know what you are looking for, and if the market is doing his dancing as he usually doing it, than the russel is the winner. Many many times, the same trade on the Russel was a winner and the YM was just struggeling in a consolidation area.

So, this is the main reason. Need some day to win, but after that I will feel safty again, and I can say that, it was worth to change. Now I just know it

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

No doubt, I am not fully satisfied with my progress, but I am very-very proud of my self. I was just reading some memo from the past, 1 years back. I was checking some personal blogs, and setups, and Oh man. I have been improved so much. Really so much... I do know I am telling the same stories over and over again, but fact is a fact:
- Lost 20kg, and 90kg is on the way (I am around 96kg. I am not pushing it, simple just running every day - oke this week was every 2 days )
- I am meditating every day. I have been started with 10 minutes meditation, right now I am doing 15 minutes, but next week 20 minutes will come. And this is awsome. If you have not tried it try it now: https://www.headspace.com/
- I still amazed how the market moves. I do not feel any pressure, to do anykind of backtesting statistic over and over again, to tune up my brain, and see more and more clarity. I love to do it. Compering the moves lower and bigger timeframes is no issue only happiness to me.
- I am oke to programing my indicators. I am not superexicting to do it, but make me confident about that, I do know what I am using, and what I am using for
- In the last 3 months, after I am done with a winner trading, than I am done with a day. I dont feel any templtation to go back to the market, I do not feel any sorry, If I am missing a big move. 25-30 ticks what I need, no more. I do know that my brain is getting ready for bigger moves, but every time when I try to push it I fail. So time will come, simply just not now
- I am more and more confiden about trading. I do not feel fear before trading, or exictment. Only a job what I have to do. I am happy when I am ready, but I am not sad if I have to work a bit more. But I am very sad, when I am not able to execute the simple plan. So need to improve here
- I do not feel any sorry about that, If I have to go back to work 8/5. One years ago I felt it as a failure, now the feeling is only about that, I need more time and patient to find good setups. I love to do trading, but If I will need some consistence moneyflow, because the trading will not catch up fast enough, than that is what it is. A sidewalk to fullfill my destiney
- I am getting more and more bored about checking new ways of trading every time. I am not saying sometimes it is not worth to check, but at the end everything fall into the same pattern: Find a good entry at a good location with a good risk, and take the trade before it is obvius to take it. You can find a many way, to come into the same conclusion, the method is only one factor, and I have a great one.
added after edit
- I am not trading from my mobil, from my friends, from what ever place with remote controll. Not at all. I used to do it, but right now trading is my job. I am doing it at home, at my trading station, at my time. I am always getting dressed up, medidating before, turning off mobile and everything, and concentrating to work. If it is 5 minutes, it is 5. If it is 90 minutes, than that it is. It is my job my work my life. I love to do it
- I have positing feelings and thinking about trading. I believe it is simple, and only I can overcomplicated it. I do belive I have a good edge on the market, because I spent time and effort to see that and learn to trade that.

So, I do not know what will come in the next week, but I do know how did I changed in the last one year. And I would like to highlight it again and again and again. It is not only about trading life. My personal life is improved also! Ofc course we have huge cashflow issues, and ofc I did all the mistake along the road what a human person could do, but you are not able to rewrite the past, and if you are trying to force the future to happen, you will fail.

Quoting 
So finally it is the question of when, and not the how...

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

kburks 
Boynton Beach

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES,TF,CL
Thanks Given: 327
Thanks Received: 146

matevisky View Post
No doubt, I am not fully satisfied with my progress, but I am very-very proud of my self. I was just reading some memo from the past, 1 years back. I was checking some personal blogs, and setups, and Oh man. I have been improved so much. Really so much... I do know I am telling the same stories over and over again, but fact is a fact:
- Lost 20kg, and 90kg is on the way (I am around 96kg. I am not pushing it, simple just running every day - oke this week was every 2 days )
- I am meditating every day. I have been started with 10 minutes meditation, right now I am doing 15 minutes, but next week 20 minutes will come. And this is awsome. If you have not tried it try it now: https://www.headspace.com/
- I still amazed how the market moves. I do not feel any pressure, to do anykind of backtesting statistic over and over again, to tune up my brain, and see more and more clarity. I love to do it. Compering the moves lower and bigger timeframes is no issue only happiness to me.
- I am oke to programing my indicators. I am not superexicting to do it, but make me confident about that, I do know what I am using, and what I am using for
- In the last 3 months, after I am done with a winner trading, than I am done with a day. I dont feel any templtation to go back to the market, I do not feel any sorry, If I am missing a big move. 25-30 ticks what I need, no more. I do know that my brain is getting ready for bigger moves, but every time when I try to push it I fail. So time will come, simply just not now
- I am more and more confiden about trading. I do not feel fear before trading, or exictment. Only a job what I have to do. I am happy when I am ready, but I am not sad if I have to work a bit more. But I am very sad, when I am not able to execute the simple plan. So need to improve here
- I do not feel any sorry about that, If I have to go back to work 8/5. One years ago I felt it as a failure, now the feeling is only about that, I need more time and patient to find good setups. I love to do trading, but If I will need some consistence moneyflow, because the trading will not catch up fast enough, than that is what it is. A sidewalk to fullfill my destiney
- I am getting more and more bored about checking new ways of trading every time. I am not saying sometimes it is not worth to check, but at the end everything fall into the same pattern: Find a good entry at a good location with a good risk, and take the trade before it is obvius to take it. You can find a many way, to come into the same conclusion, the method is only one factor, and I have a great one.
added after edit
- I am not trading from my mobil, from my friends, from what ever place with remote controll. Not at all. I used to do it, but right now trading is my job. I am doing it at home, at my trading station, at my time. I am always getting dressed up, medidating before, turning off mobile and everything, and concentrating to work. If it is 5 minutes, it is 5. If it is 90 minutes, than that it is. It is my job my work my life. I love to do it
- I have positing feelings and thinking about trading. I believe it is simple, and only I can overcomplicated it. I do belive I have a good edge on the market, because I spent time and effort to see that and learn to trade that.

So, I do not know what will come in the next week, but I do know how did I changed in the last one year. And I would like to highlight it again and again and again. It is not only about trading life. My personal life is improved also! Ofc course we have huge cashflow issues, and ofc I did all the mistake along the road what a human person could do, but you are not able to rewrite the past, and if you are trying to force the future to happen, you will fail.

Matevisky, I have only been following this thread for 1-2 weeks, but I must say I enjoy the way you open up, just throw it all out there. I hope you make it, at this point I feel as if I am rooting for you like a sports team. I read most all the thread). Go get - em MAN..................... I will be watching.

Lejcus 
Czech Republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninja/ Continuum
Trading: Anything that move
Thanks Given: 216
Thanks Received: 66

matevisky View Post
Quick update: I made -800usd during a transition to the Russell. My bad my loss did all the mistake what I did before. The only mistake what I did not do is to kept my account green
So I have 3 shot if it will not work out than I have spoke with John already and I can go back to do free combine again.

I was mad now I am calm. I have got out from 3 bearifull short and entered many wrong long. The good side is that what I wrote . Because I have regain my control from fear to clarity I can stay in the game and topsteotrader will help me to overcome these period. Thank you for that see you tomorrow

Hi Mate
first of all great work to get that far. I really apreshiate your openes in this jurnal. I have read it all last week.
I see your progress and evolving, but I dont understand why you are changing things which work for you and take you so far. Why so early?

How many days did you trade TF on sim befor switching live. Why dont you use max daly loss limit even if you dont have to after 10 days of live with TopStep? Wheri is your risk management?
Do you like to risk all on one day? Isnt this gambling? What happend with your discipline and one trade a day ?

thanks and good luck..

“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”

― Neale Donald Walsch
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

I missread a market, got out immideatly, than enter where I should enter. Could hold a bit more, but there was to many indecision, so I passed it. For a monday, it is good. I need one more day, to get out from the water, so that will day come tomorrow

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Lejcus View Post
Hi Mate
first of all great work to get that far. I really apreshiate your openes in this jurnal. I have read it all last week.
I see your progress and evolving, but I dont understand why you are changing things which work for you and take you so far. Why so early?

How many days did you trade TF on sim befor switching live. Why dont you use max daly loss limit even if you dont have to after 10 days of live with TopStep? Wheri is your risk management?
Do you like to risk all on one day? Isnt this gambling? What happend with your discipline and one trade a day ?

thanks and good luck..

Thank you for asking. I usally, if I am disciplined not continue trading after 3-4 gift. On Thursday I have broken this rule, because I was to happy to trade TF again. I wrote it somewhere back before. I have learnt to trade TF from Horst. All the metnadology, and everything is fit best for the Russel, and not for the YM. I like to trade YM also, but it is a slow mover (comparing with TF) It is between the ES (if ES is the slowest). Anyhow. I have spent 6 month to learn study, the YM, but my heart is for the TF. Same like Horst's heart. So I do have experience with the Russel, as you can see, in the last 2 days, I do know what I am looking for. Simply I got rusty a bit.
I do not have daily loss limit at Topsteptrader anymore, because I am funded, and I am a senior trader in their (not mine) terms. Meaning I am owning my own profit, which was around 1200USD, after a big drop (I will make a screenshot on the P/L curve after getting back above 1000USD no worries). So my limit is to do not go negative. Because of the raged out day, I was close to it, but I managed it to go back. So here I am right now, trading the Russel again, and I am quite happy with it:P

Cheers Mate
(What happened with your discipline: We are humans My discipline was strong enough to dont hit my profit to red, but was not strong enough to keep me out from the full trouble. So it is improved, but not improved enough yet LOL good question man, good question:P )

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Done for today. Double bottom, hope everyone seen that, and played it right. It was a no brainer. See you tomorrow. Went for running because of some kids issue, I dont have time in the morning to do my usual rutin, so running here I come:0
PS: Ups, I almost forgot. I am out from the water, my balance is up to 1K USD again...

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

P/L will come if my first withdraw happen (certeria: be positive in the week, and get half profit off. Profit: only count after 1K USD)
But we have other stats: lumosity, running, headspace meditating, loosing some weights winter time!!! Here we go all. Trading is a healthy activity guys!!! dont forget it

Máté
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,181
Thanks Received: 15,562

matevisky View Post
Same old same old routine...

Congrats Maté!
Only one chart missing here: the Good Karma Chart!
With all your discipline you need no longer trade
but
just check in next month in a distant indian monastery

GFIs1

Keep up the good work!!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts