NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 120,985 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

Hey guys. I do know that this is not my best day of my life, but I fought hard. Please give me some good word, or bad, but some feedback at least... THx!

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks

Scalpingtrader 
Hanover, Germany
Legendary Amateur Trader

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 3,144
Thanks Received: 5,147

matevisky View Post
Hey guys. I do know that this is not my best day of my life, but I fought hard. Please give me some good word, or bad, but some feedback at least... THx!

those things will happen again and again. They will become less eventually but I honestly doubt that you won't "mess up" some days. The only thing that is crucial is that you know when enough is enough.

And as you ended the day with a good trade that seemingly fits your rules, you seem to be able to recover from mental stress. .

So don't be too harsh to yourself.

ST

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Scalpingtrader View Post
those things will happen again and again. They will become less eventually but I honestly doubt that you won't "mess up" some days. The only thing that is crucial is that you know when enough is enough.

And as you ended the day with a good trade that seemingly fits your rules, you seem to be able to recover from mental stress. .

So don't be too harsh to yourself.

ST

Thank you guys. Thank you @freestyler keeps me good.

Thx... I am just putting my thoughts into words without filtering. Try to give you full honesty instead of crap, and full consistency, and sometimes need some good words to keep me on track.. So THANK YOU GUYS!!!!

At least I know I am not alone with my fight !

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Broker: TST/Rithmic
Trading: YM/Gold
Thanks Given: 17,423
Thanks Received: 8,425

matevisky View Post
Thx... I am just putting my thoughts into words without filtering. Try to give you full honesty instead of crap, and full consistency, and sometimes need some good words to keep me on track..

You are on track, just stay calm. You just went a bit bored crazy and rather manic in the gap time between passing the combine and waiting for the funded account to start. Sorry to say but it was obvious to watch (I know these things *very* well.)

Murphy's Law also said you would have some difficult days to kick off the new status, that's normal and you shouldn't worry, you describe real life well, just do what you do, tell it like you do and all will go as it should.

Best Wishes and Good Trading.

Cheers

Travel Well
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

ratfink View Post
You are on track, just stay calm. You just went a bit bored crazy and rather manic in the gap time between passing the combine and waiting for the funded account to start. Sorry to say but it was obvious to watch (I know these things *very* well.)

Murphy's Law also said you would have some difficult days to kick off the new status, that's normal and you shouldn't worry, you describe real life well, just do what you do, tell it like you do and all will go as it should.

Best Wishes and Good Trading.

Cheers

I feel it. I have been checked a lots of journal not lots but some after how they screwed the real life trading. I hope I will overcome, and I will successed... There are a lots of bad example out here... Hope i will be not one of them...

Máté
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,452
Thanks Received: 26,278

matevisky View Post
I feel it. I have been checked a lots of journal not lots but some after how they screwed the real life trading. I hope I will overcome, and I will successed... There are a lots of bad example out here... Hope i will be not one of them...

You certainly have shown that you can succeed, so you probably won't be "one of them."

But if you do, well, you have shown that you can succeed, so you would just need to pick yourself up and do it again. At this point, the question of having the proven ability has been settled, so if you make some mistakes, don't worry, you can recover.

Just keep trading the way you normally do, as other people have said. You will do fine, no matter what happens in the short run.

Bob.

Thanked by:

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Broker: TST/Rithmic
Trading: YM/Gold
Thanks Given: 17,423
Thanks Received: 8,425

matevisky View Post

There is *no* rush. You will be fine.

Breathe and walk first. Then the trading and the running will come.

Honestly, the biggest difference for me has been learning how to win calmly and lose calmly in the same day. That one has been more important than all other door keys.

Travel Well
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

ratfink View Post
There is *no* rush. You will be fine.

Breathe and walk first. Then the trading and the running will come.

Honestly, the biggest difference for me has been learning how to win calmly and lose calmly in the same day. That one has been more important than all other door keys.

Yes I know. And I am overcoming my weakness over and over again. And even if it is not a full winner day, it is VERY GOOD TO KNOW I can beatmyself. I can switch side, swithc view when it is need. I can go for good profits, instead of stopped out badly like I did it first, and THIS IS something....

Oh man.... Thank you for your support it means a lot!

Máté
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

We have a new holy grail indicator idea with @daddy. I need some more testing, than I will do the programing. Anyhow, it is not a big thing ofc. You have to guess the bias right, also you have to choose a good location also, but if you can do this, than it gives you a perfect location entry... Why am I writing this? Dunno Just letting you know guys to stay tuned. If it will work, I will do some post, right now it is really just an idea (but a good one I can tell...) As @daddy wrote it, it could also guess the future:P

Máté
Thanked by:
 montanajtt 
Como, Italy

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, IB
Broker: Tradestation, IB
Trading: ES
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 299
Thanks Received: 312

Hi Mate, I followed your story and you already did an impressive result.
If I can give you an advice, don't put even more pressure than what already is on your job. Try to avoid to overthink what you do, be relaxed and I know for what I've read what means this for you, but anyway this will not be your last trading opportunity in your life both you succeed with it or not.
And don't think you have anything to prove to yourself or someone else, it will only make your trading worst.

Keep doing a good job, follow your rules but don't focus yourself too much on the single day outcome and results will come with time.

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts