NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 120,400 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

alejo 
madrid spain

Experience: Beginner
Platform: nt
Trading: None.
Thanks Given: 16,557
Thanks Received: 646

matevisky View Post
Bigger the move, the market clarity is more stronger. Based on my home made rules, I have some guess, what the market will do. I have preset levels for trends, and ranges. I never know what is coming ofcourse, but I do know the times, when to look forward for the signals.

Today was superclear:
1. I did this trade, and make me happy. Big big opening range, short pullback till 9:45
2. Shooting back, news are coming, pause the market a bit
3. Funny pullback after the news. It has been stopped, right on the market opening range. So it could go up, or go down. We are after the news 10:02 so it is a perfect time to bet on go up (if it is goes down, the GAP is so huge, we will have time and space to entry anyway)
4. Perfect place to get profit. We are at the globex High-Low fib extension (1.38). This place loved to trade by the pit traders. So if it would have been touched I would have love the short as well
5. Oke, we were trending forward. Decision point again. Is it going to be a trend day, or a normal reversal day? Based on statistics 4:1 favoring a normal revarsal day. So picture favoring the short, but only after lunch (during lunch there is no need to take the trade)
6. Ups we are at the opening range again. Time to find longs. No reason to find shorts. On the double bottom area the picture has more and more clarity...

Speaking frankly it is so much easier to trade when it is moving, than when it is not. Ofc I did take only the first trade, but I would have traded like this. And even if I am getting wrong 1-2 times during the right time and positions, I still would have a lots of great opportunity to get it back

first of all, i would like to say congratulations for your job!!
and my little question is, how many minutes your OR is? or is Opening Swing?

thanks

alejo

La lucha es de igual a igual contra uno mismo
The fight is fair against oneself
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

Sorry guys. Friday night it have been turned out the little sickness was more than I thought. High fever, and other not too good things. I am getting better, but important rule. Dont trade if you are sick. I was checking my friday pratice log, and oh man... I was in slow-mo really...

So. Some update:
- I had experience some issue with my indicator (it is forget the default settings, and other things which has to be corrected.). I will check it if I will get better.
- @alejo : It is open range, and only the 1st minute. I was reading about this concept in this book: Wiley: [AUTOLINK]Pivots[/AUTOLINK], Patterns, and Intraday Swing Trades: Derivatives Analysis with the E-mini and Russell [AUTOLINK]Futures Contracts[/AUTOLINK], + Website - M. William Scheier . There are many concept in the book, but I really dont want to overcomplicated my tradings. so I am trying to shoot from many to less levels, which make sense for me. the 1st minute range, and the Kill the Killroy concept makes a lots of sense. Ofc no holy grail. Sometimes working sometimes not. But putting together the pieces, it is harmonize with my view on the market
- @TurismoTek : I've bought ninja long time back, so It was one time license fee (900USD as I remember). The fee at Topstep 1.84/contract/action. The datafeed fee is 84USD/month if you are getting funded as far as I know
- The live account at topstep is on the way. Till I am trying to get myself into better shape. I was not running more than 5 days, so get to back into real business...

I am coming with more, stay tuned! If you have any question pls don't hesitate to ask, and sorry for the delay!

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

I am doing some tasks to get fully prepared for going live with Topsteps:
- I was oke to do running, so I have been started ever. First thing to do after the kids dropoff at the kindergarden
- I am trying to find a solution for a good VPS. I was testing speedyserver, but I have 140-160ms ping time, to see my charts, and because I am doing quick entries, it seems a bit laggy. Right now I am trying the swvps with London location, which should be less laggy with the remote dekstop, we will see. The main reason here even if I am do using OCO execution, would be better to stay the trading station separated with my home enviroment
- Also I used to use laptop with external monitor to my trading, now I am trying to setup my iMac with an external monitor to use as a trading client. I am having some issues, to put up windows enviroment, I know I know remote desktop has mac client, but still I need secondary connection, and I dont like the parallel desktop solution
- Also I am continue my journey to read books about trading, mainly around trading psychology.

So far so good, will let you know about the status, and shoot some pic around my desk

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

No trade today. Hate to say, but I am trying to do some miracle on my imac 2011 mid model. The issue is the following: the DVD rom is not working on the mac, so guess what, it is almost impossible to force him to install windows with bootcamp. I am trying I am trying, but I have a strong believe I will fail.

I made the bootcamp enabled to allow me to create USB stick, but on the bootcamp menu during the restart I dont see the USB as a bootable device. I am really pissed off. Now I am trying to make some spell on the SSD drive of the iMac, but I dont know... I have the feeling, it will be not as easy as I thought.

The good news is that, if it will not work, I can still try the remote dekstop connection under the iMac OSX, but it would be really better to use windows... aragh... It was a long time ago when I had issues like this...

Máté
Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,181
Thanks Received: 15,563

matevisky View Post

I made the bootcamp enabled to allow me to create USB stick, but on the bootcamp menu during the restart I dont see the USB as a bootable device. I am really pissed off. Now I am trying to make some spell on the SSD drive of the iMac, but I dont know... I have the feeling, it will be not as easy as I thought.

Hi matevisky

maybe better to have a partition on the normal drive.. install windows there.
Then restart and tell the system to start from the partition.
USB sticks are only helpful when restart OSX and make some work on the main drive
with it...
just my 2 cents
GFIs1

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

GFIs1 View Post
Hi matevisky

maybe better to have a partition on the normal drive.. install windows there.
Then restart and tell the system to start from the partition.
USB sticks are only helpful when restart OSX and make some work on the main drive
with it...
just my 2 cents
GFIs1

Yip, I am trying these kind of workarounds: save windows partition from elsewhere, and put it on the harddrive, make a harddrive partition as a windows install etc... I am trying. The issue here as you said, the old iMac model firmware (bootmanager EFI 1.9) really doesnt like to see the USB external drive as an install, how hard I am try to force him to do

Máté
Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,181
Thanks Received: 15,563

matevisky View Post
The issue here as you said, the old iMac model firmware (bootmanager EFI 1.9) really doesnt like to see the USB external drive as an install, how hard I am try to force him to do

I know about it - this is why I mentioned to make a partition to omit USB system question....

GFIs1

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

GFIs1 View Post
I know about it - this is why I mentioned to make a partition to omit USB system question....

GFIs1

Oke oke... Issue is there, to with bootcamp you are not able to select an internal drive to make the USB stick, only external drives. So... I am trying to copy the USB content to my internal partition, and see, what is going to happen... finger crossed... second option is still to copy windows to ssd... Hell... sometimes I hate apple...

Máté
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Little update.

I was not able to force, or find any hint how to make bootable any partiotion with FAT32 under efi, so I am not able to boot any windows system/install on iMac.
Now one of my friend gave me an external DVD drive, and we made a Windows 7 DVD. Everything was fine, the DVD was readable under osx, I have been started the bootcamp process, restarted the computer, than THAN, the external DVD was doing funny noises and ejected the DVD?!?!?!?!?!!!!! WHAT??? WHY?????? oh tell me why????

Now I am burning the DVD under iMac OSX, maybe it will help him to understand, sooner or later, there will be a MICROSOFT system on you, and you have to accept that fact! Or I will sell it.

Sorry for the offtopic

Máté
Thanked by:
 Thegunshow 
Portland, OR USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader,TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 58

instead of booting direct to windows with bootcamp, why not just create a virtual machine and run it there?

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts