NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 120,400 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

alejo View Post
mate, when say 3 days closed, what does it mean? you do not finish ?

Ah got it this is about the screenshot 3 days close mean it is a continues combine so if you blow the daily limit than you have to reset is because it is wrong either way. Thus it could be that but it could be normal combine also. I would say I hit my daily limit and blow my account 70% of the trials

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

@matevisky this post rang so deeply in the insides of me! Once you become a successful trader alongwith it comes such loneliness! You are unable to explain anything, say anything - sometimes you wonder if you are going mad!

Solitary profession!

matevisky View Post
I met a friend today. He was one of my old customer and he used to work high position. He was a good man, nobody liked him because he was strong and agile. Then he got fired, but he got enough savings to do not think on hard work again. Anyway after 5 years past he looked like much younger and stronger than those years. He was asking me about how is my life was going on:
"I am trading"
"I see, and what else do you do?"
"Nothing, I am concentrating only trading..."
"Where is the money come from than" - I was thinking so you think that to live from trading is impossible. Good start...
"Not from me, I am still learning. My wife forcuneatly has a job so we can manage our living..."
"Ah, so you are looking for a job"
"No I am good."
"Hm, you should looking for another opportunity. Trading is not good for living"

Than he started to speak about books which is ensuring his position about trading is not for living. And you know what. I totally do agree with him.
It is a most easiest thing to say this to someone. He want to save some money. DO NOT LEARN TO TRADE, do not even think to put any money to the market, because you will lose it, but never ever think on that you will able to trade for living. The thing is that, I am really not able to guess what is the best characteristic for trading. I have read a lots of books, but no one can really say it. If you are strong, you could be a teacher, if you are clever you cloud be a scientist and so on and so force. But no-one will say you. He be a trader, you could make any money on the market.

The sad side of the story, if you feel that you have to try it, and if you are failing, most probably it will hurt you. Yes it is sad, but the good news is that, it will make you stronger

But my point is the following. If you become a successful trader none of your old friends will understand that what you are doing, and how you are doing. But if you fail, everybody could claim that: I told you so!

Evil world

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

I did a huge misstrade today. It was totally my fault, I will post the pictures later. Now I do not want to login (-600USD ouch). Here are the errors:
- I checked the news, prepaired for long because of the GDP number. NOT GOOD!
- I was trying long again and again and again.
- Finally I went short, than it was oke
- I was checking other pairs, which make my absolutly sure that we are going to south all day. We did not
- I was sticking with a short, when the market was getting back his power
- And sticking with it
- And sticking with it....

So bad day. My feelings are oke. I do not feel any shame or something like this, I was playing bad the easy one. which is always bad, I was browsing around old charts, and checking it again and again is there any mistake in my head, but I have found none.

So staying with a plan tomorrow. My entries were oke, I had made 2-3 small mistake, 1 is stop moving (obviusly it is a big one but not huge one) and I was pushing it, when there was no reason for a turn (only the pictures of other pairs)

So this is for today, see you tomorrow Not my best day, but as I told I do not feel any bad instead of I was playing my card other wise

(there is no indicator in a world, or system which can prevent you loosing if you are wrong side of the market )

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Hm. I made a quick rain check. I have done a market replay on the VPS server. 5 days. 1 week. I have not checked any news or anything (major things always at 9:00) So no expectaiton about the market at all. I was trading the first 90 mins, just in case. I have made a lots of money. Sometimes it was choppy sometimes it was not. Ofc I speeded up, but where I was keen is the entry and stop management.

Every day was a winner, and not everyday was easy. So I am oke, ready for tomorrow, no stress at all. It makes me more confident about, if I missread a market, just skip it, and not push it. (or if push it, choose a fucking side for god sake, and do not try to spot the turn. )

See ya tommorrow. I will attach the slides...

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

It was starting with a perfect day. I was doing my usual short, with a good manner. Than something happened. I changed side. Do not know why, than go flat, because I was feeling something wrong. Than the market dropped, I was going long, and hit my +300USD limit, with some help from the news. My profit target was not there. It was far far away. Do not know why again, the market was act like a stranger, and I was not confident. Maybe I was planing to go with big hit moves, or who knows what, but my profit demolished in notime.

Than after some clarity, and seeing the other markets strength, I decieded to go long. My stop was far enough with a good place and everything was looking good. I blinked for a second, and 1 stopped out with 1 tick. It happens, the market nailed down the daily low, with 4 tick. My limit for these kind of moves is 3 tick. There is no good or bad solution here, only to jump back right on the train when it happened, but I was not there.

So I decieded to stop the trade, run away gotten bitten 2nd time, and look into myself. Today I was doing everything good, I had some mental breakdown in the begining, and during the take profit level (you have to know what to expect), but it was a good one. And I got bitten.

Than I read Horst email, he told me never forget that what I have learnt, I can trade, so trade. So I did trade. I have entered a pullback, bit soon, but it was a pullback, and I won back the loss. So it is a small winning day, but a winner, not a looser And I proved myself, that I can do it, if I want to do it!

So thank you Horst, this post is dedicated to you, because you are still keep your eye on my, and slap me when I starting to thinking about stupid things!

PS: Our family and my health is not getting better and better, but 4 days holiday is coming, so HAPPY THANKS GIVING or what so ever to eveyone! Stay safe, trade smart!

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Made me dance a bit, and force me to some bad entry. After this I was not pushing it, it was more than enough for a monday morning

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Have a great day everyone (it is only +300 some missclaculation from yesterday)

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Nothing too much to add. I did not want to bored anyone with statistic and other stuff right now. I am concentrating trading and consistency. As soon as my first withdraw will be hit (need a positive week) I will send the graphs and details. Till that same mantra:
- run everyday
- medidate everyday
- be consistence every day.

Make your day, make your profit, and concentrate the next day. Simple it is...

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Nothing to add, the trend was not clear, was choppy, choped out with some tick. Would be nice trade if I did not, but hey, that's life! Green dom is still green

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Quick update: I made -800usd during a transition to the Russell. My bad my loss did all the mistake what I did before. The only mistake what I did not do is to kept my account green
So I have 3 shot if it will not work out than I have spoke with John already and I can go back to do free combine again.

I was mad now I am calm. I have got out from 3 bearifull short and entered many wrong long. The good side is that what I wrote . Because I have regain my control from fear to clarity I can stay in the game and topsteotrader will help me to overcome these period. Thank you for that see you tomorrow

Máté

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts