NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 120,400 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

Yesterday was notrade for me because of the veteran day. I am trying to avoid these kind of day, when the market is not doing what he likes to do. I am not saying I was right, but the market was a bit choppy on smaller timeframes. So here we have to concentrate the zones, and time, and less for the price action on smaller timeframes.

My easy to calculate on market open zones played out well but ofcourse you need some market sense to understand what will the market probably do.

(1) Long for sure. No need to trend down on quite day.
(2) I am investigating this picture as I told. At least to do not go long... We will see
(3) Easy piece of cake trade. Really timing perfect, no need to go further or flush out the market. So this is the time to go long
(4) if you are not done here, than that is an issue You have to make a judgment call Trend down, or go back to range? Reason to go down further? Not too much. Reason to go back to range? That is a normal behavior. So skip the choppy price action, and play out the easy way in this case. If you not right, than something smelly going on anyway...

PS:
(3) Perfect picture, if you are following @Underexposed thread about MACD and width pictures

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Lumosity - DONE - new high
Running - DONE
Meditation - DONE

Day expectation: new news, slow moo market, patient is the key.

The day was as it expected. I made a huge mistake on entry, cost my 50 USD B
ut one shot one kill. Done for the day

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

I have almost every trade log. Almost means almost, only those not when I nullfied my trading account. Anyhow, I was just browsing around, and I have been found these beauties from 2013:

If I count right 12 entry... It is sometimes goood to look back, and make us remember what not to do again...

But as I told you, I love gambling:

And I can do it in 10 minutes as well

But everybody can improve, and nobody has to loose as many as I have been lost in the begining. Choose a @TopstepTrader combine, and burn demo account money, instead of yours, if you would like to put a stake into your demo trading. If not just simply use SIM. And as my good friend @daddy says: "Screen time screen time screen time..." will help you to improve And ofc a good journal here at nexusfi.com (formerly BMT)

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

My mind and my body was not in harmony. Missed the usual entry, because I was betting trend down. Paid my price.

But, BUT. Changed team, when all picture has shown me I have to change the side.
Enter without confirmation
And make the day to BE

Now I have to go to get the kids, my wife had some issue at work. Trade smart! I call it a day....

PS:
Takeaway for today: Don't make a bigger looser from small one. I was not feeling the mood, but my mind was in the right place and time. So I was ready to go withdraw, and accept my missed picture (cost me 300USD) and do not try to beat the market if I am green.
If IF the picture is not working but you are trading right, than you have bigger chance for some clarity. But if the picture is nice, and you are trading wrong, than even if you are going to trade right, the picture could be dismissed... So go away!

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

I met a friend today. He was one of my old customer and he used to work high position. He was a good man, nobody liked him because he was strong and agile. Then he got fired, but he got enough savings to do not think on hard work again. Anyway after 5 years past he looked like much younger and stronger than those years. He was asking me about how is my life was going on:
"I am trading"
"I see, and what else do you do?"
"Nothing, I am concentrating only trading..."
"Where is the money come from than" - I was thinking so you think that to live from trading is impossible. Good start...
"Not from me, I am still learning. My wife forcuneatly has a job so we can manage our living..."
"Ah, so you are looking for a job"
"No I am good."
"Hm, you should looking for another opportunity. Trading is not good for living"

Than he started to speak about books which is ensuring his position about trading is not for living. And you know what. I totally do agree with him.
It is a most easiest thing to say this to someone. He want to save some money. DO NOT LEARN TO TRADE, do not even think to put any money to the market, because you will lose it, but never ever think on that you will able to trade for living. The thing is that, I am really not able to guess what is the best characteristic for trading. I have read a lots of books, but no one can really say it. If you are strong, you could be a teacher, if you are clever you cloud be a scientist and so on and so force. But no-one will say you. He be a trader, you could make any money on the market.

The sad side of the story, if you feel that you have to try it, and if you are failing, most probably it will hurt you. Yes it is sad, but the good news is that, it will make you stronger

But my point is the following. If you become a successful trader none of your old friends will understand that what you are doing, and how you are doing. But if you fail, everybody could claim that: I told you so!

Evil world

Máté
 tradermark2009 
Concord, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Charts and NT7
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Mini's and CL
Thanks Given: 975
Thanks Received: 276

Hi @matevisky, your point is so true. I think to be a good trader since it does take most of us 4-7 years to make a living out of it. I mean 4-7 years of nothing but living and breathing only trading. You must be a strong person mentalily and you must have a strong intercircle of strong people around you who got your back when things are not going as hoped. Again, great post, and way to walk through this small road carefully, its fun seeing you succeed. Keep up the good work.

matevisky View Post
I met a friend today. He was one of my old customer and he used to work high position. He was a good man, nobody liked him because he was strong and agile. Then he got fired, but he got enough savings to do not think on hard work again. Anyway after 5 years past he looked like much younger and stronger than those years. He was asking me about how is my life was going on:
"I am trading"
"I see, and what else do you do?"
"Nothing, I am concentrating only trading..."
"Where is the money come from than" - I was thinking so you think that to live from trading is impossible. Good start...
"Not from me, I am still learning. My wife forcuneatly has a job so we can manage our living..."
"Ah, so you are looking for a job"
"No I am good."
"Hm, you should looking for another opportunity. Trading is not good for living"

Than he started to speak about books which is ensuring his position about trading is not for living. And you know what. I totally do agree with him.
It is a most easiest thing to say this to someone. He want to save some money. DO NOT LEARN TO TRADE, do not even think to put any money to the market, because you will lose it, but never ever think on that you will able to trade for living. The thing is that, I am really not able to guess what is the best characteristic for trading. I have read a lots of books, but no one can really say it. If you are strong, you could be a teacher, if you are clever you cloud be a scientist and so on and so force. But no-one will say you. He be a trader, you could make any money on the market.

The sad side of the story, if you feel that you have to try it, and if you are failing, most probably it will hurt you. Yes it is sad, but the good news is that, it will make you stronger

But my point is the following. If you become a successful trader none of your old friends will understand that what you are doing, and how you are doing. But if you fail, everybody could claim that: I told you so!

Evil world

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Here is one of my favorite life index. I love this one, because it could tell me a lots of thing about me. Unforwcuneatly I don't have clean data from the past, and was not able to get it either, but the bigger stones are there... As almost every instrument in the beginning it was 0 and the peak as you can see is 114-117, now it is falling back hit the 100, where didn't bounces back, just crushed it over, after a long fight.
And the million dollar question: What is your opinion go short/long on this one? Or w8 for the breakout below 97, than go short, or w8 for the retest at 100 than go short, or simple just hit long because of the double bottom area at 97.8?

I don't have better chart for this, so please sorry about that, but I really would like to see some analysis on this from you guys (do not take it too serious. Every decision will be made by me at the end, and I will keep you updated what happened with this instrument!)

Máté
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

matevisky View Post
Here is one of my favorite life index. I love this one, because it could tell me a lots of thing about me. Unforwcuneatly I don't have clean data from the past, and was not able to get it either, but the bigger stones are there... As almost every instrument in the beginning it was 0 and the peak as you can see is 114-117, now it is falling back hit the 100, where didn't bounces back, just crushed it over, after a long fight.
And the million dollar question: What is your opinion go short/long on this one? Or w8 for the breakout below 97, than go short, or w8 for the retest at 100 than go short, or simple just hit long because of the double bottom area at 97.8?

I don't have better chart for this, so please sorry about that, but I really would like to see some analysis on this from you guys (do not take it too serious. Every decision will be made by me at the end, and I will keep you updated what happened with this instrument!)

What is this?

Bob.

Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

bobwest View Post
What is this?

Bob.

I will let you know, shortly, still waiting some analysis

Máté
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

matevisky View Post
I will let you know, shortly, still waiting some analysis

That's what I thought .

OK, since we don't know what it is, put a buy stop just above the curved line: buy it on an uptick.

If it drops below the current range, cancel the buy stop and sell market.

Don't blame me if this doesn't work out, nor if this analysis doesn't really say what to do.... I would trade it as a range and wait for the breakout. I would not trade it before that.

Since this probably isn't something that is actually traded, who knows what to do? But that's my suggestion.

Bob.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts