NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 120,476 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

Steve Jobs and the iMac won. I was not able to force him to love windows. It is really a shame, but even with an external DVD drive the process was not working, as I told after the restart (even if I had use the osx to burn the DVD with disk utility) the disc was ejected by the EFI during the restart process. I have never seen such a character before who is deniened windows so hard.
So what now you can ask. Go back to ground zero. My experiment with London VPS provider called swvps.com, and another one from Hungary was not successfull. They were not able to provide me a single VPS computer in 5 days. It is not acceptable, because my primary reason is to use VPS, is the 99% uptime and the support. So I am going back to @sam028, and he made me a medium VPS at NJ in 5 hours. It is up and running and working.
So what I am testing right now, is the usage of the remoteApp (on OSX microsoft called it like this) and the multi monitor support. In old forumes it seems remote dekstop support only 2 monitor with 4096*2048 resolution maximum, but in this year microsot made an update so they are supporting up to 16 monitor over remote dekstop, which is sounds to be cool. With a helping of @sam028 partner - who is also using Machintos for trading with multiple monitor, finally I was able to setup my monitors, it is looking good and great, we will see the rest today.
@Thegunshow : The issue here is what are I am doing it, and why I am doing it. Yes there are several virtualization under mac: paralles, vmware etc. The issue here is always the speed of the GUI, and the point of failure. If I am using a VPS, and an iMac, with parallels, with remote desktop than 3 things could go wrong: VPS, iMac, Parallels. So I would like to avoid as many unnecessery layer as I can, and make a secondary option to everything. So right now, if this solution is working here is mine:
- I have a VPS @NJ with full ninja install, at a great service provider @sam028 : https://www.speedytradingservers.com/18-months-uptime )
- I have 2 totally different type of internet connection in house: 1 wire, and 1 mobil LTE.
- I have 1 iMac to connect remotely to to VPS
- and I have 1 laptop with windows to use ninja if something goes wrong with the VPS, or connect with remotedekstop if something goes wrong with the iMac

I believe as a start I have doubled all the error which could accure during trading, and play it totally responsible and safe. And before anyone ask, no I dont have mobil app for trading, I am not trading over mobil or tablet. Remote dekstop could work over there, but once thing is managing a robot over mobil, and another thing to do trading...

So picture will come hopefully today

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

sam028 
Site Moderator

Thanks Given: 3,825
Thanks Received: 4,629

[a bit off-topic]
Hmm, I saw a Rithmic data feed somewhere on your charts, so why a VPS in NJ and not in Chicago?
[/a bit off-topic]

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

sam028 View Post
[a bit off-topic]
Hmm, I saw a Rithmic data feed somewhere on your charts, so why a VPS in NJ and not in Chicago?
[/a bit off-topic]

Simple. Based on the IP what u have gave me, my ping fron Budapest, Hungary to NJ is better than to Chicago. Because I am not using it to running robots, than it is not a primary issue, and it is much better ping than it was from Hungary anyway

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

I am still a big fun of less is more methadology, meaning use as less important levels, or indicators, and find trades there instead of overtrade anything. I have done my own indicator development, and I am still considering it to keep it continue, but for the easier sake, I have been started to build up my workspace from @Fat Tails work. Many cases it is working like charm, in some other cases, I have not find a proper indicator (example: Keltner channel unforcuneatly I was not able to find the same settings to show mine version of the keltner channel). I did find check the update

So here is the free indicator list:
- anaTriggerLines :using default parameter settings
- anaOpeningRange : using with my session template settings to show only the 1m opening range makes a lots of sense as you can see
- anaIBRangeBands : it is tricky. I have been selected the first session template as opening range 9:30 hour, meaning the globex range will be highlighted as you can see. With this, the band paramaters are 0,382; 0,62; 1, and it will be nice trend target zones
- anaMacdBBLines ( @Itchymoku you were asking me about this) : I am using the default parameter settings, and it is identical my old one. So it is simplier, and nicer
UPDATE
- KeltnerChannelEMA : default parameters (this is a basic ninjatrader indicator) for the keltner channel what I am using

For reading the charts and see what you have to see is a different story but if you considering to take trades only at these levels, with a strong oscilator or price action comfirmation, than as you can see you could be hardly in a big trouble

Otherwise I am still doing the workstation setup at @sam028 ( https://www.speedytradingservers.com/ ). I dont know did you know that or not, but the new version of remote dekstop is supporting 16 monitors connection at the same time (the old one was only supporting 2 monitors). So if you were having bad feelings about remote desktop because you have been used many monitor, than this is the time to consider the change Resolution and [AUTOLINK]Scaling[/AUTOLINK] Level Updates in RDP 8.1 - Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services) Team Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs @sam028 should about the FAQ about this manner:P

ooo What else... We are still doing the paperwork with Topstep, I will have an interview with them tomorrow on Squawk radio, so stay tuned, hope my english will be oke and understandable for everyone...

Máté

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,344
Thanks Received: 26,267

matevisky View Post
ooo What else... We are still doing the paperwork with Topstep, I will have an interview with them tomorrow on Squawk radio, so stay tuned, hope my english will be oke and understandable for everyone...

I'll be sure to catch it.

By the way, I'm curious about the paperwork with TsT. I've noticed that it seems to take at least 2 weeks for them to get a trading account set up for their new traders. Can you tell us what's involved and why it takes this long, as far as you know? (I'm not trying to find out anything confidential or that is none of my business, to be clear.... Just whatever you are willing to discuss.)

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

bobwest View Post
I'll be sure to catch it.

By the way, I'm curious about the paperwork with TsT. I've noticed that it seems to take at least 2 weeks for them to get a trading account set up for their new traders. Can you tell us what's involved and why it takes this long, as far as you know? (I'm not trying to find out anything confidential or that is none of my business, to be clear.... Just whatever you are willing to discuss.)

Bob.

Paperwork means they are doing business at xxx company. So what the process is:
- get contacted with the scout team. Agree with the final trading plan (which instrument, when, how to scale, when to close etc)
- getting more familiar with eachother, get it done all the agreed stuff on the website/google forms and moving forward to the contract
- Make a contract you and between TopStep firm. Get it signed (you, and topsteptrader)
- Make a contract between their trading firm and you, to create a new account for you as a trader, and they are going to be the account holder. Get it signed (you, topsteptrader, trading firm xxx)
- Send the usual papers, and form, like identification cards, numbers, proof of address bla bla bla
<I am at this point right now>
- Who knows what is coming next?

All the process are quite quick I have to say. Really no kidding. @TopstepTrader using adobe echosign so the printout is minimal (I did not printed out anything yet) and it is convinient. But because of the many parties this is what it is. There are some lagging time as always but they are really doing it in a very professional manner.

update:
added 2 more important step

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Still not there yet, but here is the sneak peak. All the things (detailed info later) What we were talking about:
- iMac with OS X + remoteApp + speedytradingserver connection with ninja
- backup macbook Pro with windows
- 2 monitor still setting up the workspace...

More is coming, but I am not progressing as fast (maybe lazy) as I should. Or simply just enjoying the moment to do one task after another...

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

I am testing the VPS.
- I've setup ninja to go flat before end of the day. (today before the FED news)
- Did some quick trade, doesn't really worked anything, but the point was to test, the environment not to make money
- Did make some ATM, trailing stops etc...

So right now I have been disconnected from the server, and check out what happen. Have to leave anyway, but great time for testing. Good to have a practice account, to do live-testing like this... Lots of running is coming - some window manager program (I love win split) to organize windows, but I am almost there

Speedy server working great, and the iMac also...

Máté
Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

Received this, posting for the benefit of all:

We're proud to announce that Máté Visky is our Newest Funded Trader!

Máté Visky (Mergodon) is a family man with a Master's Degree in Programming and Mathematics. His passion for trading is driven by meritocracy and the freedom that being a trader allows. Visky is a student of Van Tharp and Jack Schwager and hopes to teach successful trading skills to others. Spending more time with his growing family and someday being able to donate to charities rank highest on Visky's life goals.
Trading on NinjaTrader with tick charts, Bollinger bands, Fibonacci levels, and moving averages, Visky will be taking his success in the $100K Combine to our funded account. Careful not to over trade, he tends to trade with a "one shot, one kill" methodology.

We're spotlighting Máté Visky on our Squawk Radio broadcast on Thursday, October 30 at 10:00 AM CT. He'll be discussing how he has improved as a trader and his goals for the future. Questions are encouraged, so be sure to tune in!

matevisky View Post

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Tomorrow (October 30) at 10:00 CT the interview is a free to join like:
The chat room will be open to guests, so you’re welcome to invite your friends and family. Please send them this link if they’d like to enter the chat room for the day and listen to your interview: https://www.topstep.com//. They’ll just need to click the box “Login as guest”, and enter any display name.
Please feel free to consider yourself as my trading family

Máté

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts