NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 120,400 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

BeachTrader 
Phoenix AZ

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: CL, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 153
Thanks Received: 432

matevisky View Post
OFFTOPIC
Dear all! I hate to ask things but this is about my sister dream and not a big deal just one vote. She loves dogs and hate cold but she would like to win this competition in Hungary. We both know it is not about who is to cutest it is about who share more this thing so I would appropriate your vote to her if it is not to big thing to ask
Bernadett Dókas entry for Fjällräven Polar

I voted!

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

Here is the report. The friday loss, is big, and ugly, all the other things are nice and steady...

PS: all trade was taken with 2 contract (YM) with 10 tick initial stop. Only once broke the rule and set 20 tick SL = friday paid my price badly...

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Oh man, another great day for run, and getting to confidence to run during winter time. I missed 1 run this week only, which is great. I was walking a lot instead. Other activities what I love is lumosity - have to pay for it sooner or later, but I will wait my first paying from TST team, and headspace, which is really really great before trading meditation...
So as Mr. Tim Ferriss said, do not live your life after getting your money, start live your dream before you have the money!

The best thing about running a weather like this, you are alone. And when you are alone, you know that you are DOING GREAT. Doing unusual thing will pay you off in a long run!

References:
- Tim Ferriss and The 4 Hour Workweek
- Brain Games & Brain Training - Lumosity
- https://www.headspace.com/ nickname: mergodon
- RunKeeper - Track your runs, walks more with your iPhone or Android phone - RunKeeper nickname: mergodon

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Enter a bit soon, but I had to try, the market was going up, so drop should come. I have new high shorting, but it was worth to try. It is friday, no news, nothing, so 17 tick was good enough for me to call it a day. Call me chichken, but speaking frankly, I dont have any idea right now, what it will do, thus no more trade for today

Funny fact. My weight is also dropping as my profit growth, we are printing 96... 95 here we gooooo

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Oh ye baby it is happening. I believe everybody has his own dream. My biggest dream is to help people. I do know that I am not able to help everyone. During my professional life I have been faced many many challenges during delivering projects, creating offers, negotiation prices. What I have been learnt there it is impossible to make everyone happy, it is impossible to be loved by everyone, but it is possible, to create value for some who believes you. If you are on the lucky side, these "some" will be many, but as long they will be many, there will be many on the other side as well. If you have lovers, you will have haters, if you are in the middle, nobody will notice you.

What I love about trading, I can always make a good example of a trading situation how do I approach a real life problem in a trading situation. So here is the many VS some example with Value Area:

Please understand that being in the crowd is not a bad thing. It is just a different choice how you would like to trade, live your life, what is the best fit for you. We are all different, everybody has different desire, and life to live. It is not about doing good or bad thing, it is about to living the life what you would like to live. So getting back to my story I believe it is a great example how did I live my professional life.
If my call was a winner, it was a huge winner, if it was a looser, usually it turns our very quickly to tune my vision for different view.

Oke oke, but why the earth I am writing this down. You will smile: I got the first DISLIKE to my TST interview. IT IS AWSOME MAN... really. Somebody simple just hate me, and put a dislike seeing my name, or he did hear my interview and than dislike it. I am on the right path! I have my first haters, which feels so good, i am not in the MIDDLE!

And one more thing. I've just spoke with a guy from Australia. He is doing online stuff and business, and he was encouraging me to write a book. Do not get it wrong. I do not want to write any book about my trading style. It is not legit at all. But my feelings are. So I will give it a try. Mark will help me out, and going to say is it good or bad, also will help me out with correcting my english. So you can ask what will is about. Won't tell yet It will be not long, but another challenge for my ego.
Funny story about it, during my 2nd grade at high-school I had to make a second examination at the end of the year from Hungarian grammar and literature. My teacher told me never ever try to do any business which is connected to any communication because I am a failure. It is always a good sign if somebody tells you you are a failure

So this is it for today, here are the takeaway links:
-
interview with TST
- https://www.linkedin.com/in/matevisky linkedin profile

Máté
 santastyle 
aosta, ITaly

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES,VIX,IT stocks
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 7

matevisky View Post
Oh ye baby it is happening. I believe everybody has his own dream. My biggest dream is to help people. I do know that I am not able to help everyone. During my professional life I have been faced many many challenges during delivering projects, creating offers, negotiation prices. What I have been learnt there it is impossible to make everyone happy, it is impossible to be loved by everyone, but it is possible, to create value for some who believes you. If you are on the lucky side, these "some" will be many, but as long they will be many, there will be many on the other side as well. If you have lovers, you will have haters, if you are in the middle, nobody will notice you.

What I love about trading, I can always make a good example of a trading situation how do I approach a real life problem in a trading situation. So here is the many VS some example with Value Area:

Please understand that being in the crowd is not a bad thing. It is just a different choice how you would like to trade, live your life, what is the best fit for you. We are all different, everybody has different desire, and life to live. It is not about doing good or bad thing, it is about to living the life what you would like to live. So getting back to my story I believe it is a great example how did I live my professional life.
If my call was a winner, it was a huge winner, if it was a looser, usually it turns our very quickly to tune my vision for different view.

Oke oke, but why the earth I am writing this down. You will smile: I got the first DISLIKE to my TST interview. IT IS AWSOME MAN... really. Somebody simple just hate me, and put a dislike seeing my name, or he did hear my interview and than dislike it. I am on the right path! I have my first haters, which feels so good, i am not in the MIDDLE!

And one more thing. I've just spoke with a guy from Australia. He is doing online stuff and business, and he was encouraging me to write a book. Do not get it wrong. I do not want to write any book about my trading style. It is not legit at all. But my feelings are. So I will give it a try. Mark will help me out, and going to say is it good or bad, also will help me out with correcting my english. So you can ask what will is about. Won't tell yet It will be not long, but another challenge for my ego.
Funny story about it, during my 2nd grade at high-school I had to make a second examination at the end of the year from Hungarian grammar and literature. My teacher told me never ever try to do any business which is connected to any communication because I am a failure. It is always a good sign if somebody tells you you are a failure

So this is it for today, here are the takeaway links:
-
interview with TST
- https://www.linkedin.com/in/matevisky linkedin profile

Nice job!

Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

If I will be not chicken tomorrow, and the picture will be right, and clear, I will give a try to my trending strategy for 200 tick profit target, 50tick trailing (with 10 tick original stop ofc). My guess the market will drop before the GDP, to have space to go up So if the technicals are going to be right, there is no reason for me to not to try it... Just letting you know... finger xossed:P

Máté
Thanked by:

bd92154 
San Diego

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader/Think or Swim
Broker: TDA/Interactive Brokers/ Data Feed TDA & IBK ( Dropped Kinetick)
Trading: Stocks NASDAQ
Thanks Given: 1,542
Thanks Received: 448

matevisky View Post
If I will be not chicken tomorrow, and the picture will be right, and clear, I will give a try to my trending strategy for 200 tick profit target, 50tick trailing (with 10 tick original stop ofc). My guess the market will drop before the GDP, to have space to go up So if the technicals are going to be right, there is no reason for me to not to try it... Just letting you know... finger xossed:P

Mate,

The reason I ask is that with the way the ES trades in the moment following your reasoning wouldn't a late Monday afternoon drop say around 2 to 3:30 PM Eastern Standard Time be what you were looking for?

Off Topic: Funny growing up in US I always thought there was only one Eastern Standard Time, but Australia has their own EST, curious how many other countries in the world have EST also....

Have a great trading day tomorrow my friend.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

bd92154 View Post
Mate,

The reason I ask is that with the way the ES trades in the moment following your reasoning wouldn't a late Monday afternoon drop say around 2 to 3:30 PM Eastern Standard Time be what you were looking for?

Off Topic: Funny growing up in US I always thought there was only one Eastern Standard Time, but Australia has their own EST, curious how many other countries in the world have EST also....

Have a great trading day tomorrow my friend.

I am not overplaning it. I will trade what I see, but I see the opportunity to a bigger drop before the GDP data today. I will play my game, I do not have a short sentiment at all, but if the picture will be nice for a drop, I will not hesitate to take it and sit back and w8 for my ATM to decied am I right or wrong.

I have an analysis on YM moves, 200 tick+ so If I catch 1-2 moves like this / year it is a positive strategy I am not over pushing it all

Máté
Thanked by:
TurismoTek
London/UK

Thanks Given: 228
Thanks Received: 122

Maybe you can detail a little snippet of information about the content of your proposed book, I mean, is it a fictional novel, or trading related, or a travelling guide to Hungary or what - give us something!

I've wrote a few fictional short stories over the years, some good, some not so good, always fun though.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts