NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 121,062 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

It was a very easy day, and I didnt hit the expected win. Ofc it is green, but there was much more in the market;( which makes me unhappy. See you tomorrow, I have to leave to grab the kids!

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Here is the report from yesterady

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Still in green, after some storm, and missed opportunity. Overall I am happy

Máté
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

TST report

Máté
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

It was a trend day. My goal was not winning but keep my risk as short as I can. I dont have experience in YM, and I dont have experience specially when YM is trending (my personal buddy is TF), so there was no reason for me to push the envelop too far. There will be more day which is in my favor, it is not a spring it is a marathoon (Thx mr. GFIs1 ).

So call this day as a BE. No major win, no major loss, only comission. Still in green:P, even when I dont have my edge:P

Máté
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

A bit down for the expected avrage, and no loosing day still this time, but I am getting warm up. Just like the market, so no need to worry. I will continue my trades just like I am doing it right now, because no reason to change. More over I've got some hint based on GFIs1 how and when to trade the market, I am backtesting my first system called Mergo Lazy system for YM. Not a big deal, it is no against any rule, what I am doing right now, only I am choosing the entering and exiting time, very presicly, and I am not searching/fising any other trade during this time. Which makes me a happy camper.

Anyhow, we will see how it is going to worked out, but this is my first week with YM so the result will not push me to take unnecessery risk, when I dont feel it has to be taken
consistency > impulse

Máté
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Yesterday was a black day on my combine trading history. I failed the challange, because I was not able to manage the 500USD daily risk. I know I have this weakness, to overtrade, and over think situation, yesterday, it was cleary shown, it is still there.
The starting position was weak as well. I was not doing my daily rutin at all. There was no music, no well defined trading arena, etc... But anyhow what was really missing is discipline and consistency and a plan to follow.

So what now you can ask... There is no question in my mind I will continue with a next challange, but I have to read the learnings first:
- I was bit feeling I am in the time pressure. I was comparing my results all the time with TF moves, and I was trying to force myself to trade, and move out from good trades before it is ending because it is YM and not TF. Solution: I will do a 20 days combine instead of 10. More time, more confident for me as well, and I believe with my motion and impulse moves it will be much better
- Coming back to impulse trades. Thanking to GFIs1 again I made some analysis on the YM. I have a pretty good approach when to trade and how to trade. So I am planing to make some trades in the market open with lower risk (2 contract), and only 1 trade based on GFIs1 methadology on the consolidation period, with a 3 contract.
- The timing of my trading is there only to avoid signal searching, when it is less likly to happen, so it helps me to dodge ot crazy situation and falling in love into them

All the other things doesnt have to be changed. I am keep sharping my brain, reading methadologies, journals (one of my favorite is Vince CL trades), and love to be here. So there is no question in my mind I will be successfull

Anyhow, Monday we will meet again my friends

Máté
Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,196
Thanks Received: 15,589

matevisky View Post
Yesterday was a black day on my combine trading history. I failed the challange, because I was not able to manage the 500USD daily risk. I know I have this weakness, to overtrade, and over think situation, yesterday, it was cleary shown, it is still there.

Good training though - and with some finetuning as you described it will work for sure.
Main point I read here is overtrading - this can put you under pressure too.
Traders under pressure often maked wrong decisions.

Happy weekend
GFIs1

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

GFIs1 View Post
Good training though - and with some finetuning as you described it will work for sure.

Main point I read here is overtrading - this can put you under pressure too.

Traders under pressure often maked wrong decisions.

Happy weekend

GFIs1

Yip and agree. No time pressure, based on your findings on dax i will choose good timewindow to trade YM. No distraction. Less trade less stress.

Have a nice weekend

Máté
Thanked by:
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,892
Thanks Received: 7,357

matevisky View Post
The starting position was weak as well. I was not doing my daily rutin at all. There was no music, no well defined trading arena, etc... But anyhow what was really missing is discipline and consistency and a plan to follow.

So what now you can ask... There is no question in my mind I will continue with a next challange, but I have to read the learnings first:
- I was bit feeling I am in the time pressure. I was comparing my results all the time with TF moves, and I was trying to force myself to trade, and move out from good trades before it is ending because it is YM and not TF. Solution: I will do a 20 days combine instead of 10. More time, more confident for me as well, and I believe with my motion and impulse moves it will be much better
- Coming back to impulse trades. Thanking to GFIs1 again I made some analysis on the YM. I have a pretty good approach when to trade and how to trade. So I am planing to make some trades in the market open with lower risk (2 contract), and only 1 trade based on GFIs1 methadology on the consolidation period, with a 3 contract.
- The timing of my trading is there only to avoid signal searching, when it is less likly to happen, so it helps me to dodge ot crazy situation and falling in love into them

All the other things doesnt have to be changed. I am keep sharping my brain, reading methadologies, journals (one of my favorite is Vince CL trades), and love to be here. So there is no question in my mind I will be successfull

Anyhow, Monday we will meet again my friends

Sad to see this.

Here is some harsh advice. The brutal truth. I don't mean to offend you, but I do want to shake you up so you realize what's up:

In my opinion, your solution detailed above to the problem of exceeding the $500 daily loss limit is not a solution at all.

It is simple, really.

You exceeded the $500 Daily Loss Limit. This is absolutely 100% in your control - one of the only things in a Combine that is in your control.

If you cannot pass this requirement, you really should not be trading at all.

You need to come to grips why you did this, put a written plan in place to not do it again (hint: don't take any trades where you run the risk of hitting the limit - simple as that), and (most importantly) follow your plan!

All the other stuff is important only once you master this basic rule.

I wish you the best of luck. Again, I apologize if I came across harshly, but I am trying to help.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts