NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 120,400 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

I have to share this picture. Ofc I was not envolved all the trades here, but I love to check it over and over again to train my mind, If I am missing the begining, all the thing what I have to do is to w8 for the clear picture like this.

Really. If you are patient enough - which is hard I know, but if you are training your mind, you are going to see picture like this. This is why I am saying, you dont have to shoot on every level. Yes, there is a lots of level out there, but isnt it awsome? I know I know you can cherry pick pictures like this, but I believe there is a cherry almost every day, if you are picking it right (meaning choose your own battlefield )

Really once again. This is my favorit rutin on the weekend. Just load my charts, and train my brain, to dont rush the trade, w8 for it, w8 for it, it will come with a clear picture

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

matevisky View Post
...but all the information is there what I am using, and what I am call a level:
- Opening range
- Globex High, Low
- Y-Close to see if there is any huge GAP
- Current RTH High/Low
- Targets for trend based on Globex High, Low level (no not pit session pivot, I dont like those levels)

And that's it. It is enough for me, to make my day, and it is not look to overwhelming. Maybe I will finetune it later, but it is looks perfect now As my first and second born child:P

I think those are all valid levels that can be considered as important

if you ever get tired of doing it yourself, or if you want something that's accurate to the tick, then I would recommend @Fat Tails indicators. in my pic below, I used 2 of his indicators:

- the opening range v42 mtf

- and a naked gap indicator (this one is not free, you'll need to pm @Fat Tails)

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Silvester17 View Post
I think those are all valid levels that can be considered as important

if you ever get tired of doing it yourself, or if you want something that's accurate to the tick, then I would recommend @Fat Tails indicators. in my pic below, I used 2 of his indicators:

- the opening range v42 mtf

- and a naked gap indicator (this one is not free, you'll need to pm @Fat Tails)

Thank you. @Fat Tails was helping me a lot to do it my own, so it was a part of the journy. I am lucky enough to have some programing skill, so it is more like to be on the road than to buy a ticket for the bus. Otherwise I have Trend targets as well (I know he also have it based on the opening range, but not based on the globex high low). So small differencies, which important for me, but not for everyone.

It is not a holy grail, but has a lots of meaning to me, how do I love to see the market moves, and when I do feel something is not right. But really thank you for the hint

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

I am not saying it was an easy ride, almost got me out, because I moved my stop to BE too soon. It was a small error, but got lucky Anyhow, if it would have got me out there, I would have reentered almost on the next up bar. More heat, more headache, but the picture was pretty clear today, on every timeframe. No news, so less likely we are going out from the range. Market is on friendly waters, so no need to take fast moves. I was not expected it, so w8 was a good shot. I've missed the move my target out of the way, and grab +5 tick (that is what I used to do, if the market in time meaning before 9:40 and there is no reason to stop the going up move)

See you tomorrow. DFD

Máté
Thanked by:
daddy
Budapest+Hungary

Thanks Given: 139
Thanks Received: 204

Nice trade.. again! I hope you got over your confidency issues, because your trading looks pretty consistent.. Keep it up!

Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

daddy View Post
Nice trade.. again! I hope you got over your confidency issues, because your trading looks pretty consistent.. Keep it up!

Look after one year struggle I believe it is a natural act to bring scaptical and do a quick rain check. But yes the trade is consistency, even if I would have absolutely sure about it would go higher I did not shoot for it. Is it bad or good? Only depend your own plan and goals.
So thank. You I do my best!

Máté
Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

matevisky View Post
...but all the information is there what I am using, and what I am call a level:
- Opening range
- Globex High, Low
- Y-Close to see if there is any huge GAP
- Current RTH High/Low
- Targets for trend based on Globex High, Low level (no not pit session pivot, I dont like those levels)

And that's it. It is enough for me, to make my day, and it is not look to overwhelming. Maybe I will finetune it later, but it is looks perfect now As my first and second born child:P

can you upload your indi? thanks.

Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

cory View Post
can you upload your indi? thanks.

Sure give me one day to clean up the code and make it customizable because it is hard coded to my settings right now.
And first indi so don't be hard on me with the feedback I am not a programmer

Máté

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Dear all! I have just received then information from @TopstepTrader scout team: I got founded!
I don't have to finish my LTP because of my result and consistency! So it is only a mather of the time of the administration process with the support team now!
I am not able to tell the feelings how happy I am even if I now there is a lot of challange will be on the road.

Máté

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: TST/Rithmic
Trading: YM/Gold
Thanks Given: 17,423
Thanks Received: 8,425

matevisky View Post
Dear all! I have just received then information from @TopstepTrader scout team: I got founded!
I don't have to finish my LTP because of my result and consistency! So it is only a mather of the time of the administration process with the support team now!
I am not able to tell the feelings how happy I am even if I now there is a lot of challange will be on the road.

Congratulations, I watched your journey from the start - it was a good one.

Travel Well
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts