NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 120,400 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

algorithmic

Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 19

wish u success in your live account with TST.how much cushion do you need to scale your contracts one more ? does your daily loss limit increase with your cushion ?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

algorithmic View Post
wish u success in your live account with TST.how much cushion do you need to scale your contracts one more ? does your daily loss limit increase with your cushion ?

After you got funded you and the 10 days past, you are managing your own risk. Meaning: you can trade as you like (you have to obey the scaling rules only), but you are never again allow to hit your balance back to below zero again. So anytime you can ask for withdraw, but you have to keep that in mind the balance is not allow to go negativ. More info could be found here:
Futures Funded Trader [AUTOLINK]Scaling[/AUTOLINK] Plan ? Help & Feedback Center

official TST forum here:

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Yesterday I was going red again, and I missed the keep the balance in the loss limit. Today I have been realized I was trading one of my demo account. Hm... Luck. (the miss was because of some slipage, but slipage or not, it is not accapteble...)

Anyhow. I have done some research back, and I believe I am getting a clear strategy to how to go forward. So it was a good lesson. I made some research back again random days, market replay, etc... The plan is working. Has some good strong elements, and has some weak, and strutcture understanding. I have identified a lots of not working scenario, which made me happy, also I have been identified a lots of scenarios, where I have realized it was a nice run, but I am not able to catch it...

So we wil see it today in real life... I am still accapting the fact the goal is not to be righ the goal is be conistence, also I am not able to controll the market, I am able to controll my plan, and sometimes it will be good, sometimes it will be not good...

Cheers...

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

lemons 
Tallinn, Estonia

Platform: SC
Trading: NAS100

matevisky View Post
After you got funded you and the 10 days past, you are managing your own risk. Meaning: you can trade as you like (you have to obey the scaling rules only), but you are never again allow to hit your balance back to below zero again.

I know its TST money and rules.

If I have average start first 10 days then I am up + 1080 $
And after first 10 days if I have worst drawdown then I will be
hardly LIVE + 157 $

What will be your worst case senario ?

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

lemons View Post
I know its TST money and rules.

If I have average start first 10 days then I am up + 1080 $
And after first 10 days if I have worst drawdown then I will be
hardly LIVE + 157 $

What will be your worst case senario ?

Happened with me. I have asked them to go back to LTP phase. You are going to recieve 2 free round, than you get founded again, and you can have the 10 days with the normal drawdown again.

Speaking frankly this is their money management rules, which helped them to stay positive portofolio whatever happen. So from their perspective it is fine, from your perspective, it is still a protection to dont be stupid like I was:P

Máté
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Máté
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,343
Thanks Received: 26,267

Hey, that's cool.

Bob.

Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

I was amazed how easy can @Porter trade different instrument. So prooving my right I put out NQ as well to my charts, and started to trade, based on my new rule-set. Ofc I have been started with 2 loosers, all was against the rules. Short on the DOW was a huge huge huge mistake, and long on NQ was more emotional than reasonable, but was oke. Than I kiced my head, and started to repeat myself, no emotion, trade what you see and not you feel. So the fun part started during the news, after the first 2-3 minute I was started to do what I am seeing, and I was hoping I will catch the right wave sooner or later. Itt happened. Got my 300USD (bit more) see you tomorrow!

Máté
Thanked by:

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

Hi Matevisky,
Good to see you back and still working towards your goal.
I can't help you with your news indicator you mention on the previous page, and I understand that you want it for being able to see news reaction on the charts. But with one of the things that you mentioned being that you wanted an alert a few minutes before a news event, I use freealarmclocksoftware.com which allows you to program in lots of different events. Each morning I look at the calendar and then tick the alarm boxes for what I want each day, for eg. an alert two minutes before the open, and one hour after the open for the IB, an alarm every Wednesday ten minutes before the crude report etc. Like I say it won't help with your chart analysis but it has kept me out of trouble a couple of times when I lost track of time during the day.

Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

matthew28 View Post
Hi Matevisky,
Good to see you back and still working towards your goal.
I can't help you with your news indicator you mention on the previous page, and I understand that you want it for being able to see news reaction on the charts. But with one of the things that you mentioned being that you wanted an alert a few minutes before a news event, I use freealarmclocksoftware.com which allows you to program in lots of different events. Each morning I look at the calendar and then tick the alarm boxes for what I want each day, for eg. an alert two minutes before the open, and one hour after the open for the IB, an alarm every Wednesday ten minutes before the crude report etc. Like I say it won't help with your chart analysis but it has kept me out of trouble a couple of times when I lost track of time during the day.

Thank you for the good words. I am almost ready with my solution. It is not for trading the news, it is simply just keep that in mind, some events is going on, and it could be impacted for the price action. Many many time I missed some news, and it would be nice not only to have an alert, or text, but also some warning on the chart itself. We will see how helpfull it will be, I will upload the first version here for testing in 1-2 hours

Máté
Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts