NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 120,881 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,424
Thanks Received: 26,276

matevisky View Post
The only goal here is to be consistence.

That's the secret, of course.

Very good trading.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
22 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

Wide opening range, big big GAP, meaning 1 thing: Truthfull and emotianal moves on the market. So believe them, dont think on whys, and be happy to make your day in 2 minutes, even if you are lagging like me. I did take the first trade, but not there, way before. Anyhow, I would have to go for a loss anyway, so not a big deal, but I have been reentered to it much more sooner. Never mind. No need to cry here. I am at my goal after 2 minutes of trading, so no need to cry!

Have a good trade for everyone!

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

I am dealing with some confident issue around these days. Really, I know it is looking strange, but more I am doing great in trading more I having the feeling it is just pure luck. Here is some observation from the last 1 month:
- I have been started to trading my trading system, and only my trading system. It is not written, there are some subjictevity rule in it, but I have some straight forward rule:
- I have pretty clear picture what is an entry, what is the StopLoss for that, what is my daily goal, what is my profit goal in 1 day
- Also I have some rules when to find trades, which levels, when, when not (during news)
- I made some mistake during the last month, but never and ever changed my Stop loss (sometimes only with few ticks, because the entry was late, or slipage, but not because of the justification of my entry, and my dicision)
- I have 20 winning days, and 1 loosing day, with an avrerage 20 tick winning and avarage 15tick loosing/day
- I am done for the day in the first 30 minutes in 75% of my trading days, but I also have a confident to trade the first 90 minutes, or the afternoon session as well.
- I have been turned 4 times a loosing day (-30 tick) to a winning or breakeven one. And not with impulse trading, but with waiting, and being patient

So I believe I have a lots of change from the past 1 year, but I still do not feel that, I am consistence and confident. Really. Sometimes I have a feeling it is to clear, and too easy, even with hard days, I have a feeling, the only thing what can fail me if I am not trading the market, but I am trading my feelings.
Anyhow the question is here for those one who are trading consistence and confident. Were there any catalist when it happened, or it just happened, and of course there are some milestone, but nothing big major change, only it is getting more and more sense...?

Hope, my question is clear... I was overconfident in the begining, and right now I am not confident at all...

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: TST/Rithmic
Trading: YM/Gold
Thanks Given: 17,423
Thanks Received: 8,425

matevisky View Post
So I believe I have a lots of change from the past 1 year, but I still do not feel that, I am consistence and confident. Really. Sometimes I have a feeling it is to clear, and too easy, even with hard days, I have a feeling, the only thing what can fail me if I am not trading the market, but I am trading my feelings.
Anyhow the question is here for those one who are trading consistence and confident. Were there any catalist when it happened, or it just happened, and of course there are some milestone, but nothing big major change, only it is getting more and more sense...?

It's much scarier when you realise you can do it.

Travel Well
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

I am done with my first week. Unforcuneatly because of technical issues, I have been missed Monday, about trading, so it was a short week. I can guess trend lovers make it huge, for me it was just it should have to be based on my plan.
Today is Friday, some news coming, getting end of the week, we have a huge GAP, market is moving up bla bla bla. I missed - didnt filled - my first entry, so I was oke with my 25 tick of winning for today:

Here is my first week P/L calculation. Not a complex one. I am not trading too much as you can see (ofc it could happen I take 10 trades in a day, but that is a different story )

So it is 4 winning days in a row. Next week plan is to do it again just like this week.

Here is my how did I start and fail and fail and fail and fail and ..... fail my combines. The funny statistic is about I almost never made it half way (I had some lucky combine ofc) and my winning %/trading day was not so good either. So keep up the good faith, and dont give it up, but change observe, pratice as much as you can!

Have a great weekend for everyone. DFD

Máté

cejstrup 
Denmark

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 1,183
Thanks Received: 160

Wow.Fantastic progress Keep it going . Stick to the plan and you'll be golden.

Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

I have to review the market moves for this week. It was a good week, but I would like to mark trading opportunities for the whole opening session. So I will make some screenshot for you guys, if you intrerested in, why would I have been took trade, if I would not have been done so quick.

The other thing is I will keep continue to develop my home made indicator. And yes, I will put some customization option only for you but please give me some thanks, if you would like to have it... here is the details about it (that is my first indi, so please dont expect nothing special:P )

Máté
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Bigger the move, the market clarity is more stronger. Based on my home made rules, I have some guess, what the market will do. I have preset levels for trends, and ranges. I never know what is coming ofcourse, but I do know the times, when to look forward for the signals.

Today was superclear:
1. I did this trade, and make me happy. Big big opening range, short pullback till 9:45
2. Shooting back, news are coming, pause the market a bit
3. Funny pullback after the news. It has been stopped, right on the market opening range. So it could go up, or go down. We are after the news 10:02 so it is a perfect time to bet on go up (if it is goes down, the GAP is so huge, we will have time and space to entry anyway)
4. Perfect place to get profit. We are at the globex High-Low fib extension (1.38). This place loved to trade by the pit traders. So if it would have been touched I would have love the short as well
5. Oke, we were trending forward. Decision point again. Is it going to be a trend day, or a normal reversal day? Based on statistics 4:1 favoring a normal revarsal day. So picture favoring the short, but only after lunch (during lunch there is no need to take the trade)
6. Ups we are at the opening range again. Time to find longs. No reason to find shorts. On the double bottom area the picture has more and more clarity...

Speaking frankly it is so much easier to trade when it is moving, than when it is not. Ofc I did take only the first trade, but I would have traded like this. And even if I am getting wrong 1-2 times during the right time and positions, I still would have a lots of great opportunity to get it back

Máté
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Here is what it takes. And ofc you never know is it going to work or not! Short story, well written, worth to read:

https://medium.com/everything-about-startups-and-entrepreneurship/how-quitting-my-corporate-job-for-my-startup-dream-f-cked-my-life-up-3b6b3e29b318

Why is it fit for me? I have been working in the consultancy (not finance!, business and system integration) companies like Accenture, T-System, Wipro for more than 10 years. I do know what it takes, and if I would like to be supertruthfull. I dont know how my story will be ending, but being on the road, fighting to push it forward every day was superworthy!
Companies like those always telling: start to thinking out of the box, live your dreams, be different. But they never ment it for real.
Here in trading world, maybe you are not going to be successfull, maybe you are not going to make it. But if you are really trying you will learn about yourself, your friends and family more than ever!
Stop believing, keep fighting, because only with blood and sweat could make you keep on the road

Máté
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Oh YES. I am ready with it. After 1 year I made my first indicator, thank you for lots of help from the programing forum. The first indicator was everything. I have put every level (open, close, high, lows), with wide range bar zones, just to see clarity. It was looking something like this:

But I didnt like it. Ofc it is looking great with a lots of levels, but too many level, is too many opportunity to hit the button. If you are using too many thing, than you will feel that, there is a trade in every corner. And ofc there is a trade in every corner, because somebody is always moving the market, but it will not helps to be clear. So even it is looks awsome, with the lots of levels, wide range bar borders etc... I dont need it.

I am doing my research over and over again, and I am realize over and over again, if there is only 1 thing which fit my trading style after I am checking a video, or reading the book, than it was worth to read. So I have been skiped all the crap. At least crap for me, and I have been stayed, only with the Opening Range concept. That is what I really like and It is usefull for me. So I rewrite the indicator on the weekend. Working ofc only for me, because it has been tailored my trading style, but all the information is there what I am using, and what I am call a level:
- Opening range
- Globex High, Low
- Y-Close to see if there is any huge GAP
- Current RTH High/Low
- Targets for trend based on Globex High, Low level (no not pit session pivot, I dont like those levels)

And that's it. It is enough for me, to make my day, and it is not look to overwhelming. Maybe I will finetune it later, but it is looks perfect now As my first and second born child:P

Máté

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts