NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 120,985 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

ratfink View Post
What happened to tomorrow? You never need to push it, it's only our egos that feel that way. (previous post was a duplicate, browser finger screw up)

That is correct in one side, on the other side, the following stand also: If my primary indicators are not working, that means, something big is happening on the market. Meaning I can expect bigger move, I can expect trends.

Of course the easy way is to leave it alone, and go for the next day, but you need to have battle plan for trend. So this is the way it is. This is a great example:

I can leave the day, or I can start believe more the trigger lines (because of so much other factor) and trade using their pressure power...
But, and here is the big BUT. @ratfink has right about that. If you have one good methadology, and you are trading that over and over again day by day, than it is very stupid to push a small looser day, into a huge one, just because the pattern was not worked on that day, and try to force the market to do what you think She has to do...

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
12 thanks
 Thegunshow 
Portland, OR USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader,TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 58

Massive congratulations. So impressed with you ability to keep at it. If you don't mind, what was your progress level in your LTP when you got funded?

Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Thegunshow View Post
Massive congratulations. So impressed with you ability to keep at it. If you don't mind, what was your progress level in your LTP when you got funded?

Here is the report (profit target was 3000USD, and I had to align to the scaling plan, meaning 2 lots trade only!), it has been closed since I have recieved a pratice account till the funding process is over. But it really doesnt matter what is my case. The point here, and it was time for me to realize as well, to prove consistency in a long run, and not to rush the things. Any time when I was trying to rush profit, or anything, it was a failure. So I was suppriesed like hell, when they let me know I have been passed the process. It was much more easier to dont expect to it, than to try to rush it. So if you are at the LTP, be happy with it, and be proud of yourself and just keep continue doing what you are doing:P

And thank you for the good words!

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Today no trade from my side. It is public holiday in Hungary, so things are crazy around. But at least I have been finished my indicator V1 version. Please keep that in mind, this is very-vey beta. I've been used a lots of code sample from @Fat Tails so all the credits for that goes to him.

The indicator is very simple, but configurable. Only showing levels which are important for me, and a logics is using my view on the market as well. But if everyone else is think it is usefull for him feel free to download.

If you are using 24/7 sessopm template, than all the data should be correct to the US indexies. Otherwise configuration will be needed.

Máté
Thanked by:
TurismoTek
London/UK

Thanks Given: 228
Thanks Received: 122

matevisky View Post
Today no trade from my side. It is public holiday in Hungary, so things are crazy around. But at least I have been finished my indicator V1 version. Please keep that in mind, this is very-vey beta. I've been used a lots of code sample from @Fat Tails so all the credits for that goes to him.

The indicator is very simple, but configurable. Only showing levels which are important for me, and a logics is using my view on the market as well. But if everyone else is think it is usefull for him feel free to download.

If you are using 24/7 sessopm template, than all the data should be correct to the US indexies. Otherwise configuration will be needed.

Can you explain

"you would like to spot trend extensions based on globex high low levels"

I like this idea.

How is this trend extension calculated?

Cheers,
Turismo

Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

TurismoTek View Post
Can you explain

"you would like to spot trend extensions based on globex high low levels"

I like this idea.

How is this trend extension calculated?

Cheers,
Turismo

Based on the globex high and low:
range = globexHigh - globexLow
TrendTarget1 = globexHigh + range*0.382 (138.2 fib extension)
TrendTarget2 = globexHigh + range*0.62

Important note, I am using these numbers with a context of the time as well. Sometimes it is working sometimes it is not. But if it is working at the right time, than I dont hesitate to shoot for a countertrend.

Easy example october 10, 2014. The market was shooting up, we were very close at the TrendTarget 1 (5 ticks) at the right time 9:45 for me it is a right time, to shoot for a countertrend. But everyone is different, so I love to use it.

On the other side today is a great example, to use the opening range, to spot long term slow trend up. We were not higgint the TrendTarget1, but the open range was a great support at 9:50. Thus, it is wise, to bet on the trend, and hope the TrendTarget1 will be hit, before lunch than to expect some major range moves in the opening range...

Once again, this is my observation on the YM, it is not written in the stone, but I like to see, and read the YM when She is moving in this manner

Máté
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

I did not trade yesterday. I say unforcuneatly, because I would have been really curious, how would I did it. Yesterday was a hard day, because my primary indicator was telling shit (MACD BB). The only question here, when I am starting to shift to the trigger lines, and start to see there signals, and skip the MACD BB till it is not getting back to normal manner

Lets assume I would survive the begining, and I am getting patient after the (1) area. I would give you a lots of argue ofc why should I go long in the begining, but speaking frankly, I dont know what would I have done. In one case it is a typical picture to breakout to the upside, but it is also a nice picture to get a pullback and dont care the rest of the day. The warning signs to it is not really a nice day is that the MACD BB is not truthfull. So really I dont know, but let see further
(2) The picture is clear. The price was coming back to the opening range, we are before the news (9:52) meaning 2 thing. We can take the trade, and survive the news, or we can take the trade after the news at the same location. Both way is fine, because the price was rejected on the opening range, on the trigger lines, the trend is not seems to be broken for any sec, so it is easier to jump in a slow trend at good price, than for hoping a good pullback for the next 2-3 hours
(3) this is the pullback but really, it is not looking nice, but it should be like this. The price is coming back to the previus swing high the time is perfect (around 10:30) so we have a trust up time till 11:00, 11:15.
(4) which is exactly happening. Ofc it is fouling around again, and have a peak up than the lunch time rangeing area is starting.

The key in this type of the day, what I am trying to teach myself:
- the market is moving slowly. Meaning we have to w8 for good price, but not for great. We will not get deep pullback, only swallow, so dont expect more
- if you are in with a good price wait.

The otherside of the story, if the price is starting to move quickly because of any reason, I can always go back to trade MACD BB, and get some money back...

Máté
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

It is another great example, to being patient with the trades, and using only few level to consider taking trades.

Whith simply using the opening range as a resistence all morning would be a great play. But if you would like to play it big, and you have a strong believe the market will drop down, and trend out from the globex range, you can have some nice target, simply using the fib extensions of the globex range.

I know I know, I am pretty sure, those levels make sense, from other analysis as well (other daily highs lows, value areas etc...) but the key here is simplicity

Máté
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Ah, finally, really I was chasing this moment, and feeling long time back. It was to good to be true, having always making the good decisions. It is needed to be like this. This is friday, rainy afternoon. I was hop in to trading into my room. It is a pratice account, but I was planing to do real pratice, to observ my feeling under condiation which not shoudl happen during live trading:
- family at home, next room, watching TV
- I was jump in to the squawk radio instead of listening my usual soundtrack. I was interested in what is happening there, but it I will skip it. Too many information, what I do not observe. The music is great
- I am sick. I have fever

So you can guess the outcome. I missed every opportunity what is usally take, and I shot every opportunity what I am not usualy doing. Meaning huge overtrade, in the market condition what I love: market was moving.

I made 1 screenshot to scare everyone out (no worry it is pratice account, it is for pratice - and FINALLY I HAVE RUSSEL DATAFEED. I was thinking on that for going russel today, but not... (it would have been easier I can tell)

And I made one screenshot, just to show you what I am doing if I started to feel not having right. So if the market is moving, and I am getting to faked out by the levels, or by the 144tick indicator, I simply going up to 233tick, or 440 tick. Unforcuneatly I am not able to demonstrate this pratice with my live trading now but as you can see it would have working with charm

So not too many thing to say. It was a great day, to finally have a big looser on my side. If it would have been a live trade most probably I would have closed it after +20 tick and call it a day, simply because it is friday, and other things. But pratice is for learning and not for giving excuses.

One more comment, about the condition. I dont know why (is it the illnes or what...) I've missed the 2 green box trade. Those are the trade what you HAVE to take, to do not get the situation to overtrade the market like I did. Those are the levels, the times, the things, what I do trade. Not today. Luckely on pratice...

I go do some more and more rest, and getting back in good shape next week.

Máté
Thanked by:
TurismoTek
London/UK

Thanks Given: 228
Thanks Received: 122

Matevisky,

I was hoping you could provide an overview of your trading costs, if you have time.

For example,
Monthly charting fees (NinjaTrader)
Monthly data fees (Does TST provide data for you?)
Commissions

Thanks as always,
Turismo

Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts