NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 251 posts (1,268 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 15 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 13 posts (57 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matevisky with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ratfink with 4.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 iqgod with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 120,400 views
    2. thumb_up 1,759 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 446 posts
    2. attach_file 166 attachments

Search this Thread

Mergodon TopSteptrader Live Account Journaling

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

matevisky View Post
Dear all! I have just received then information from @TopstepTrader scout team: I got founded!
I don't have to finish my LTP because of my result and consistency! So it is only a mather of the time of the administration process with the support team now!
I am not able to tell the feelings how happy I am even if I now there is a lot of challange will be on the road.

Congrats, keep it up.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
TurismoTek
London/UK

Thanks Given: 228
Thanks Received: 122

Matevisky,

Thought you might find this sheet interesting for trading the YM,

https://tothetick.com/lite/tothetick/dowjones.pdf?inf_contact_key=a14230a5fe3c827685f74e3ef2eac5f3a8e9a685357cfb6e3c831769dce3f28e

Simply refresh that page above each day and it'll give the newest day.

AND massive congratulations for passing your combine and live trading prep, you the man! Inspiring stuff.

All the best with going forward,
I'm sure you'll own it!

Turismo

EDIT: I'm sure if you read your first post from February you'll feel quite nostalgic and proud

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

matevisky View Post
Dear all! I have just received then information from @TopstepTrader scout team: I got founded!
I don't have to finish my LTP because of my result and consistency! So it is only a mather of the time of the administration process with the support team now!
I am not able to tell the feelings how happy I am even if I now there is a lot of challange will be on the road.

ratfink View Post
Congratulations, I watched your journey from the start - it was a good one.

Congratulations! I watched it, too, and I'm very glad you made it.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

matevisky View Post

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

I will not do any trading today. My wife is on a business trip, so it is kids time, but I will do the coding, and I will send my observation after the market close (always easier to see the market moves, and the whys after the close dont you think? )

So here is the picture from yesterday. Very important, this is not an indicator war, or trend lines, or what so ever. It is my observation how do I try to filter the trades using observing time and place of the price movement on the market.

1. So new news, means it could be a quite day. Means, if we are down, than it is much more easier to go long immidieatly, than to waiting for any real comfirmation
2. Easy one. We are at my favorit turn back, or pullback time. And how lucky we are the previus swing high was just right here (8:20). Expecting a big move? not really, specially, we would like to exit from this trade before the news. But we are good for a pullback
3. We are after the news time (9:00) Even if there is no news, I am consider this time as a news event, and dont like to trade into it. So did we reached our goal to fill the GAP yet? no. Do we have any strong reason to go back (broker higher low) No? Oke, so if we dont do this kind of thing, than we are good to go up

So. This is the 3 trade what I have been consider to take it. How to do it, that is depend on you, but for my filtering based on the time and space continium I would have been tried these:P

(If you really would like to master trading with only time basis don't forget to check this journal:

@GFIs1 gave me a lots of good idea, to consider the time as a factor to taking trade. Ofc after that, I have bought a lots of stuff and indicator, to solve me a puzzle, than I realized @Big Mike always right, the best research is always your own research, so I did it to myself, to my market, to my indicator to fit to my style )

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

TurismoTek View Post
Matevisky,

Thought you might find this sheet interesting for trading the YM,

https://tothetick.com/lite/tothetick/dowjones.pdf?inf_contact_key=a14230a5fe3c827685f74e3ef2eac5f3a8e9a685357cfb6e3c831769dce3f28e

Simply refresh that page above each day and it'll give the newest day.

AND massive congratulations for passing your combine and live trading prep, you the man! Inspiring stuff.

All the best with going forward,
I'm sure you'll own it!

Turismo

EDIT: I'm sure if you read your first post from February you'll feel quite nostalgic and proud

Thx Turismo, I know them, and I can tell them what is my problem It is make no sense for me, because it is very very hard to backtest. You can forward test ofc, but doing the backtest it is a hard thing to do. In the sheet there is a lots of levels, which could make sense, but doest it really make sense? Do I really would like to take a trade on every corner? Do I have to? And what is my routine? Is it fit there? Nup. Too much information Too many thing to consider

I am trading short term pivot moves. Short means, if it is only a pullback, than it still could make my day.
On the other side I have been there. I have tried to justified every level, every methadology pivot points, moving avrages, value areas, ranges, weekly highs lows etc... All these things are SUPERimportant to someone. Sometimes it will be important for me as well, because I tell you one thing. If you have a weekly low, most probably, the price will arrive there, with an extended move, most probably, it will be a fib level on a bigger timeframe, most probably it will fall into my globex session range extension etc...

So I am trying to avoid the many information to few, and only those few which could be easly obsovred by opening my charts, and indicators, without do anything else (oke oke checking the news ... ) But once again. It could be usefull. They are doing the same, with much more data: Emini Day Trading

Máté
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
TurismoTek
London/UK

Thanks Given: 228
Thanks Received: 122

matevisky View Post
Thx Turismo, I know them, and I can tell them what is my problem It is make no sense for me, because it is very very hard to backtest. You can forward test ofc, but doing the backtest it is a hard thing to do. In the sheet there is a lots of levels, which could make sense, but doest it really make sense? Do I really would like to take a trade on every corner? Do I have to? And what is my routine? Is it fit there? Nup. Too much information Too many thing to consider

I am trading short term pivot moves. Short means, if it is only a pullback, than it still could make my day.
On the other side I have been there. I have tried to justified every level, every methadology pivot points, moving avrages, value areas, ranges, weekly highs lows etc... All these things are SUPERimportant to someone. Sometimes it will be important for me as well, because I tell you one thing. If you have a weekly low, most probably, the price will arrive there, with an extended move, most probably, it will be a fib level on a bigger timeframe, most probably it will fall into my globex session range extension etc...

So I am trying to avoid the many information to few, and only those few which could be easly obsovred by opening my charts, and indicators, without do anything else (oke oke checking the news ... ) But once again. It could be usefull. They are doing the same, with much more data: Emini Day Trading

I agree with you. Too much information.

You're right to keep it limited to what you feel is important... If a level isn't obvious, it's probably not important anyway.

I'll check out mypivots, thanks for sharing.

I've been watching YM ranging for 2 and a half hours now... no trades, going to quit for the day.

Turismo

daddy
Budapest+Hungary

Thanks Given: 139
Thanks Received: 204

matevisky View Post

Congratulations, as many wrote before me, you are the man! Great job, keep it up, wish you a fruitful trading career. Hope this gave a boost to your confidence as well

Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

I got cold, I am not en the best mood, so I am trying to get better. So no indicator programing right now. Will do it, promise.
Market was moving in slow-moo. Me too. Hate to enter on the breakout bar, if the market is ranging. It is fine in case of trend moves, but on this scenario, should have push the button sooner, to get my stoploss on the prev swing high low.

Anyway. Worked out perfectly. I was not in the mood to popback from the previus low, and dont get me fill with the target, so cut my profit target with 2 tick.

See you tomorrow.

Ah one more thing. It is a pratice account right now, I will let you know guys, when it is a live one. @TopstepTrader team asked me to continue trading, and I believe it so too.

And one more. There was a question about the triggerlines what I am using. The simple answer those are just secondary indicators, and only comes into play in case of strong trend moves. Till that time sometimes they are looking great, sometimes not so much. For example today, the small triggerline on the T144 was not broken at all, so the price could rush down to the globex low? Could be, based on other things if I had to bet, I would say so, but I dont care because my target was reached.
But, if I have to push it, because I am down with 10-20 tick, so I have to spot bigger moves, than I would definetly used them, with the same manner than anyone elso is using SMA, EMA kind of indicator to spotting the trend moves, and pullbacks. So nothing extra....

Máté

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: TST/Rithmic
Trading: YM/Gold
Thanks Given: 17,423
Thanks Received: 8,425

matevisky View Post
But, if I have to push it, because I am down with 10-20 tick, so I have to spot bigger moves....

What happened to tomorrow? You never need to push it, it's only our egos that feel that way. (previous post was a duplicate, browser finger screw up)

Travel Well
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 8, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts