NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

futures.io new framework

Discussion in Feedback and Announcements

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 334 posts (636 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 67 posts (94 thanks)
    3. looks_3 madLyfe with 60 posts (34 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ratfink with 57 posts (29 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tturner86 with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 madLyfe with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 133,961 views
    2. thumb_up 1,042 thanks given
    3. group 40 followers
    1. forum 801 posts
    2. attach_file 75 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

futures.io new framework

TheWizard 
Houston, TX
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Optimus Futures, AMP, CQG
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 517
Thanks Received: 4,224

Big Mike View Post
Since futures.io (formerly BMT) 5.0 is going to be a major rollout, I'm considering other changes as well.

Let me be frank. Should the name of the site be changed?

Mike

Your site is recognized world-wide as Big Mike's Trading forum. Leave it alone! (This, from someone who detests change - odd that I chose trading - who's price is always changing).

After all, it's what you learn AFTER you know it all, that counts!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

Big Mike View Post
Since futures.io (formerly BMT) 5.0 is going to be a major rollout, I'm considering other changes as well.

I'd like to hear from as many people as possible on this, and I hope you take the time to think through all the angles and let me know your thoughts. Some that come to mind are:

- Name recognition
- Community representation
- Community values
- Marketing, traffic, SEO

I haven't figured out my answer yet, but I had to Google "SEO" before I knew it meant "Search Engine Optimization": getting search engine hits.

I'm posting this just in case I'm not alone in not knowing what it meant....

I'll give my answer to the question after some more thinking about it. I will say it's a very good question.

Bob.

Thanked by:

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

Big Mike View Post

Is "Big Mike Trading" an appropriate name that represents the community today? When I started this site over 5 years ago, I never imagined it would be the largest/most active futures community on the planet.

What will the next 5 years look like? Is the current name the best way to proceed?

Does the current name negatively impact or act as a hindrance? Does it act positively or as encouragement?

Would changing the name be completely disruptive?

I'd like to hear from as many people as possible on this, and I hope you take the time to think through all the angles and let me know your thoughts. Some that come to mind are:

- Name recognition
- Community values

I bring up the question of the name now simply because with all the changes that will come as part of the futures.io (formerly BMT) 5.0 initiative, it would be a good time if a change is to be made.

Mike

Trading is in your name and URL, your not gonna get much more SEO benefit. Plus your site has current SEO that you could damage if you switch names and URL's.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

tturner86 View Post
Trading is in your name and URL, your not gonna get much more SEO benefit. Plus your site has current SEO that you could damage if you switch names and URL's.

I think I agree with this. I didn't want to express my gut feeling without giving it some thought, but this does resonate with me, and I think that now you have some name recognition, it would not be a good idea to give it up.

Sure, brands do change their names and the new names do get accepted, but my thought is that there would be a period of confusion, and it would require a lot of explaining, and there would likely be a lot of misunderstanding.... and you aren't going to be hiring a big advertising marketing firm to push the new name out to the world , so the change would be rockier.

Maybe, when the site was first established, it could have been a good choice to use a non-personalized name for it, but now it is established and known, with the name it has. Changing it probably would not be a great idea.

It's a great question, but I think it would do more harm than good at this point.

Bob.

Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

Big Mike View Post

Is "Big Mike Trading" an appropriate name that represents the community today? When I started this site over 5 years ago, I never imagined it would be the largest/most active futures community on the planet.

What will the next 5 years look like? Is the current name the best way to proceed?

Does the current name negatively impact or act as a hindrance? Does it act positively or as encouragement?

- Name recognition
- Community values

I bring up the question of the name now simply because with all the changes that will come as part of the futures.io (formerly BMT) 5.0 initiative, it would be a good time if a change is to be made.

Mike

As long as people search for free ninjatrader indicator your site will come up so there is no worry about changing name will harm it. I like to make a case for why the name should be change, seems like lots of big guys name Mike out there so the name is kind of generic. Lets keep 'trading' part and call it futures.io (formerly BMT) the Biggest Trading Site. The change would not be disruptive if you have a banner saying soon to be called futures.io (formerly BMT) the Biggest Trading Site. With the revolutionary free indicators thread this site can only get bigger and bigger, my 2c.

aligator 
Las Vegas, NV
Market Wizard

Platform: Abacus, Slide Rule, HP-65
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 1,071
Thanks Received: 5,988

@Big Mike,

Think of Google, eBay, Yahoo, Verizon, JP Morgan, etc. that are known for the services or products they represent and are brands. The literal meaning of those brand names is less relevant. Why give away a recognized brand name and start all over?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

TheWizard View Post
Your site is recognized world-wide as Big Mike's Trading forum. Leave it alone! (This, from someone who detests change - odd that I chose trading - who's price is always changing).

aligator
Think of Google, eBay, Yahoo, Verizon, JP Morgan, etc. that are known for the services or products they represent and are brands. The literal meaning of those brand names is less relevant. Why give away a recognized brand name and start all over?

I completely subscribe to that, nothing more to add...

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." - Jim Rohn
Thanked by:
 spiderbyte87 
Portland, OR

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 48

Big Mike View Post

- Name recognition
- Community values

Mike

I think at this point most of the members identify the futures.io (formerly BMT) name with this site as a "brand". People like being on a "team", and the older the team the more invested its members become. Elitetrader's members have their heads so far up their own asses to see that it's just a forum, not the hinge for their giant egos. To me T2W is also irrelevant, as they are too focused on new members. Basically the only real 'work' that gets done is on futures.io (formerly BMT), which I think is why futures.io (formerly BMT) is so successful.

The point being that a name change might be all it takes to shift futures.io (formerly BMT) into one of those categories, where either it pushes away innovators and becomes a place for only newbies, or it becomes a place for people who think they are God's gift to trading just because they are profitable and reputations are constantly questioned.

I vote don't change it.

Wikmar 
Madrid - Spain

Platform: Own (more or less)
Trading: S&P500, FDAX, €/$, CL, etc.
Thanks Given: 1,647
Thanks Received: 121

Big Mike View Post
Should the name of the site be changed?

I agree with the people voting "Don't change" unless you have a better option. And this is the great question; what is a better option?. But attention; not just completely rational. Don't look for better options just by a rational way because for some or perhaps many reasons, at this point of the race, the name must have an important emotional ingredient; cool, familiar, as among the sum of home people forces, and without denying the past that arrived here (also the really truth is that Mike, for all kind of results, pivots the forum).

So, is there something better?, Yes?, sure?; then change, but don`t do tests at this point.

IMO

Home people force
https://wikmar.wordpress.com/
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,181
Thanks Received: 15,563

@Big Mike
futures.io (formerly BMT) is a short name, easy reminded and getting already for a long time a brand for futures trading.

In fact I would in your position trade mark "futures.io (formerly BMT)" and "Big Mike's Trading Forum" - if this has not happened already.

"Never Change a Winning Team!"
and voting for leaving it as it is.

Keep up the good work
GFIs1

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on October 3, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts