NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Review for BookMap www.bookmap.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Bookmap with 23 posts (28 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 11 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 paps with 10 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mattz with 9 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Bookmap with 1.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mattz with 1.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 phantomtrader with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 85,123 views
    2. thumb_up 99 thanks given
    3. group 53 followers
    1. forum 158 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Review for BookMap www.bookmap.com

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, 6E
Thanks Given: 215
Thanks Received: 359

Bookmap View Post
Hi,

Just a note, this is not our business. Bookmap is a software platform, not data nor broker services. I recommend you try Rithmic free for 2 weeks and also subscribe to dxfeed for one month for CME data only, for $29. See what one works best for you.

That said, both data feeds display full market depth -- this is a significant advantage over other data feeds. There are no issues with latency. I know Rithmic offers CME Market-by-Order data as well. This the future of transparent data for retail traders. I am not sure dxfeed offers that, you'll have to ask them.

regards,

Bruce

Hmmm, that's interesting... "both data feeds display full market depth"? I spent $29 to get BookMap to "display full market depth" and I'm still waiting for it. Can't get yesterday's to display and can't get today's to display. Just when am I supposed to get it? Cancelled my one month subscription. Can't wait to find out what I "can't get" next week. Wait, let me guess... I can't get a refund. This is the reality of data issues. As you can see, Loading historical data, which the screenshot clearly shows I needed, was grayed out and unavailable.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-04-18 22.02.07.png
Views:	487
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	265143  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 tr8er 
Europe
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeNavigator, BookMap
Trading: ES, CL, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 709

I hope you know that all markets are closed today?

Thanked by:

Bookmap  Bookmap is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 173

tr8er View Post
I hope you know that all markets are closed today?

Yes, thanks Tr8er, No data in Bookmap today in US markets sine they're closed.

Bruce
Bookmap Team

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Aragorn View Post
Hmmm, that's interesting... "both data feeds display full market depth"? I spent $29 to get BookMap to "display full market depth" and I'm still waiting for it. Can't get yesterday's to display and can't get today's to display. Just when am I supposed to get it? Cancelled my one month subscription. Can't wait to find out what I "can't get" next week. Wait, let me guess... I can't get a refund. This is the reality of data issues. As you can see, Loading historical data, which the screenshot clearly shows I needed, was grayed out and unavailable.

Aragorn,

As Tr8er mentioned, the markets are closed today. When you start Bookmap, a tick or occurrence must take place in the live market in order for data to begin loading, therefore new nor historical data will be displayed today in Bookmap. However, you can use Replay Mode to replay a recorded file. You maybe consider checking out our youtube page and searching for Bookmap Replay Mode. You'll see some videos there on how to operate it. Else, you'll need to wait until the market opens to begin receiving data.

regards,

Bruce
Bookmap Team

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

Bookmap View Post
Aragorn,

As Tr8er mentioned, the markets are closed today. When you start Bookmap, a tick or occurrence must take place in the live market in order for data to begin loading, therefore new nor historical data will be displayed today in Bookmap. However, you can use Replay Mode to replay a recorded file. You maybe consider checking out our youtube page and searching for Bookmap Replay Mode. You'll see some videos there on how to operate it. Else, you'll need to wait until the market opens to begin receiving data.

regards,

Bruce
Bookmap Team

I am/was very much aware that the Markets are closed today. I purchased the historical data early Thursday morning MST. I attempted to load Wednesday's historical data to no avail. I asked Support if there was a set time data resets for each day. I got no answer to the question. Towards the end of the day I attempted to again load the data either for Wednesday or Thursday. Again to no avail.
As a matter of fact, and you can check for yourself, the market traded 1 contract after the Close. I know, I was watching it, as I was attempting to load data.

Aragorn View Post
I am/was very much aware that the Markets are closed today. I purchased the historical data early Thursday morning MST. I attempted to load Wednesday's historical data to no avail. I asked Support if there was a set time data resets for each day. I got no answer to the question. Towards the end of the day I attempted to again load the data either for Wednesday or Thursday. Again to no avail.
As a matter of fact, and you can check for yourself, the market traded 1 contract after the Close. I know, I was watching it, as I was attempting to load data.

Hi Aragorn,

I think it best to continue this thread at [email protected]. Please mention your questions from Futures.io and put it to my attention as well. I'd be happy to assist you further. I can get you replay data so you can check out Bookmap over the weekend.

regards,

Bruce
Bookmap Team

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

Bookmap View Post
Hi Aragorn,

I think it best to continue this thread at [email protected]. Please mention your questions from Futures.io and put it to my attention as well. I'd be happy to assist you further. I can get you replay data so you can check out Bookmap over the weekend.

regards,

Bruce
Bookmap Team

As this is a Review of BookMap it seems fitting to update on the previous discussion.
I received a response from BookMap support telling me that their server was down on Thursday. That would explain why the historical data was unavailable.
I did contact [email protected]. Please keep in mind, as I have, it is Easter weekend. Bruce responded and resolved the data issue. Thank-you!

Thanked by:

Aragorn View Post
As this is a Review of BookMap it seems fitting to update on the previous discussion.
I received a response from BookMap support telling me that their server was down on Thursday. That would explain why the historical data was unavailable.
I did contact [email protected]. Please keep in mind, as I have, it is Easter weekend. Bruce responded and resolved the data issue. Thank-you!

Thanks Aragorn, happy holiday.

Bruce
Bookmap Team

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,534

Webinar recording (sponsored by Bookmap):

Please give us feedback and comments:

If you liked it, click here and share your feedback:
https://nexusfi.com/email-feedback.php?title=171&liked=1

If you didn't like it, click here and share your feedback:
https://nexusfi.com/email-feedback.php?title=171&liked=-1

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 Perpetual888 
Vancouver Island

Platform: Bookmap, Sierra Chart
Broker: IB, Rithmic
Trading: ES CL NG
Thanks Received: 1

Not impressed so far....

I'm at point of purchase with this product, but need answers to a few technical questions first. Posted questions here in the Bookmap AMA thread more than a week ago - no reply. Sent email to info@bookmap - no reply. Sent email to support@bookmap - received a ticket number in an auto-reply email, but no response beyond that.

My plan was to have this connected and ready for trading this week.

Quite concerned that if I can't get responses to needed information as a potential customer, what would support response be like if I become a user??

Last Updated on December 20, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts