NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Review for BookMap www.bookmap.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Bookmap with 23 posts (28 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 11 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 paps with 10 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mattz with 9 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Bookmap with 1.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mattz with 1.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 phantomtrader with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 86,278 views
    2. thumb_up 99 thanks given
    3. group 53 followers
    1. forum 158 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Review for BookMap www.bookmap.com

Keab 
London UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: SierraChart/Prorealtime
Broker: Sierra Chart/prorealtime
Trading: SandP futures
Thanks Given: 123
Thanks Received: 316

I've been using BM for quite a while and I love it. It's not a holy grail, it's just a visual way of seeing what's going on in the order book.If you have no idea what to do with the info then don't bother.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
35 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
19 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
14 thanks
 Keab 
London UK

forgiven View Post
but he is correct most of the time. i did not agree on his reviews on O F A or MtProdictor but both do over hype and over price there product. 80% of the vendor on his list are very bad actors.

That may be so, but bookmap is not a black box product. It is simply a tool for visualising the current state of the order book/market depth. And it is very effective in illustrating all this.
The question whether this is of any use in trading is another matter. Suffice to say that pretty much all successful short term traders study the order book and order flow in their trading. There's a clue in there somewhere....

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

Keab View Post
That may be so, but bookmap is not a black box product. It is simply a tool for visualising the current state of the order book/market depth. And it is very effective in illustrating all this.
The question whether this is of any use in trading is another matter. Suffice to say that pretty much all successful short term traders study the order book and order flow in their trading. There's a clue in there somewhere....

bookmap is a grate product to read the limit orderbook. most successful short term trader do not look at chart under 1 hour. there not looking for a orderflow reversal. bookmap or any foot print charts are not in the Bloomberg terminal app store. those short term traders are the best in the world and there paying for multi time frame scanning apps. the scanning apps do not scan for time frames under 1 hour.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Keab 
London UK

forgiven View Post
bookmap is a grate product to read the limit orderbook. most successful short term trader do not look at chart under 1 hour. there not looking for a orderflow reversal. bookmap or any foot print charts are not in the Bloomberg terminal app store. those short term traders are the best in the world and there paying for multi time frame scanning apps. the scanning apps do not scan for time frames under 1 hour.

Most short term traders don't look at a chart under 1 hour? I think your definition of short term might need a bit of work.

I repeat, bookmap is not a trading system. But if you understand how the market organises itself, where big buyers and sellers reside, and then look for orders flashing in on bookmap? Well, it pretty much writes itself...

MichaelFlowTrader
Atlanta

Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 120

I wish it had a better and more functional price ladder . That way I can have a very advanced price ladder while also using the map to visualize the orders that are coming and going. So maybe a more traditional price letter. But more like md trader than nt or more like jigsaw with the extra info

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Keab View Post
Most short term traders don't look at a chart under 1 hour? I think your definition of short term might need a bit of work.

I repeat, bookmap is not a trading system. But if you understand how the market organises itself, where big buyers and sellers reside, and then look for orders flashing in on bookmap? Well, it pretty much writes itself...

who said it was a trading system. it is a very good tool for reading the limit order book and reading short term order flow . that is it. it is a tool. if has a free trail. if you dont like it or its no help. move on

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

MichaelFlowTrader View Post
I wish it had a better and more functional price ladder . That way I can have a very advanced price ladder while also using the map to visualize the orders that are coming and going. So maybe a more traditional price letter. But more like md trader than nt or more like jigsaw with the extra info

it is a problem

MichaelFlowTrader
Atlanta

Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 120

forgiven View Post
it is a problem

What I find interesting is that book map has the much better visualization of the market than jigsaw does but jigsaw has a much better price ladder. So it is hard for me to Figure out if I should go with jigsaw and their heat map, which is inferior to book map just so that I can get there much better price ladder.

But first, this is a topic about book map. Once I understood it, it made so much sense. I also want a better way to have multiple markets open at the same time.

But as a company, I think that they are pretty much top notch, especially with their education.

Albeit it has been a few months since I have tried it. And they might have added even more features..

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

MichaelFlowTrader View Post
What I find interesting is that book map has the much better visualization of the market than jigsaw does but jigsaw has a much better price ladder. So it is hard for me to Figure out if I should go with jigsaw and their heat map, which is inferior to book map just so that I can get there much better price ladder.

But first, this is a topic about book map. Once I understood it, it made so much sense. I also want a better way to have multiple markets open at the same time.

But as a company, I think that they are pretty much top notch, especially with their education.

Albeit it has been a few months since I have tried it. And they might have added even more features..

in fast moving markets i could not use the dome. it could have been a lack of skill sets. who knows witch on is better. it would depend on the trader and the education and trading skills. but i would think the learning curve would be shorter on bookmap. when you see a area of resting orders away from market price . you still do not know where the market will trade through them or not. you just can not put a order in front of that and hope you will be ok. but your fishing in the wright spot. when the book starts chasing price and that is in the direction of the daily trend , your odds starts to improve

Bookmap  Bookmap is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 173

forgiven View Post
in fast moving markets i could not use the dome. it could have been a lack of skill sets. who knows witch on is better. it would depend on the trader and the education and trading skills. but i would think the learning curve would be shorter on bookmap. when you see a area of resting orders away from market price . you still do not know where the market will trade through them or not. you just can not put a order in front of that and hope you will be ok. but your fishing in the wright spot. when the book starts chasing price and that is in the direction of the daily trend , your odds starts to improve

Hi Michael and Forgiven,

Thanks for the kind words about Bookmap. A new version is due out in January 2018 will address some of the issues on a more traditional DOM. Also, just to let you know, the Bookmap columns can be easily configured to display all the layouts and data types like other DOM's existing in the market today. I'd be happy to meet with you and demo these configurations if you like. Just let me know.

regards,

Bruce
The Bookmap Team

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 20, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts